BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

24th January 2021 Middlesbrough Away 15:00

He could have lost his eyeball. That's not a common occurrence in football. Jimenez, Ryan Mason - those are similar incidents.

Morsy committed, well tried to commit a professional foul that happens in most games, taking one for the team - I think it was Davenport did it in the first few minutes for you. Morsy was rightly booked for it. 

To say that was the worst challenge is ridiculous.

EshCUgSW4Ac6Ois.jpg

Edited by Borofan87
attach image

1 minute ago, Borofan87 said:

He could have lost his eyeball. That's not a common occurrence in football. Jimenez, Ryan Mason - those are similar incidents.

Morsy committed, well tried to commit a professional foul that happens in most games, taking one for the team - I think it was Davenport did it in the first few minutes for you. Morsy was rightly booked for it. 

You probably were not aware but Morsy is unpopular here because his challenge put Dack out for a year when he was at Wigan.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Would you agree that we should have conceded a penalty and a red card and were very lucky today?

Also, does Dack's cameo change your opinion on building around him as a number 10?

Well it was penalty. not sure it was red card considering the player didnt mean to injury the player. He was watching the ball all the way plus Fry did slight duck down to head the ball. 

Dack will influence games wherever he plays cos he is quality player but more important is managing his game time whilst he properly recovers from his injury and regain full fitness instead of rushing him back and potentially risking another injury. 

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

You probably were not aware but Morsy is unpopular here because his challenge put Dack out for a year when he was at Wigan.

Ahh fair enough. I did see some comments during the game about him. 

He was the best player in the Championship at the time and he's been out for so long I can understand the hatred. 

Edited by Borofan87

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well it was penalty. not sure it was red card considering the player didnt mean to injury the player. He was watching the ball all the way plus Fry did slight duck down to head the ball. 

Dack will influence games wherever he plays cos he is quality player but more important is managing his game time whilst he properly recovers from his injury and regain full fitness instead of rushing him back and potentially risking another injury. 

As far as my understanding of the rules go if it’s reckless or dangerous intent doesn’t come into it in which case it’s a red all day long. 

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Delighted with the win and the fact we have grind it out at times. We looked miles better after we scored. Like the confidence came back to the players after scoring 1st. Our goal was beautiful piece of play and the best of the match. Happy all front 3 were involved. 

Armstrong should have made it 2 nil with his 2 chances 

Thought Warnock behaviour was a disgrace towards Branthwaite considering how much Warnock has got and he knows that our player never meant any harm to Fry and he went for the ball. Thought Branthwaite gave it back towards him. Good on him. Warnock should have knew better. 

Dack's cameo was good. 

Thought Kaminski was excellent and what a bargain we got for him. Lenihan and Branthwaite were very good aswell. Lenihan deserved his MOTM award from Sky. Proper Captain performance. Davenport did well today. Hopefully he starts next week. 

Hopefully we can kick on now and get 3 points against Luton. 

another usually rant from yourself. Same Mercer just different day. no difference to any other day. 

Rovers have to grind it out and get the points. We defended properly and took no risks defensively. Thats what we need to do today to get the 3 points. After we scored we controlled the game and get better as the game went on. Plenty of positives for us and the team. 

Heck of a piece of PR when the main incident in question is completely ignored! 

Sure, the manager's reaction at the end of the game is mentioned but the incident and it's implications aren't. There's having a Rovers slant and there's a complete lack of objectivity devaluing said opinion. When the main incident going outrageously in our favour is totally ignored it leaves you in the latter camp. 

• Like 2

I honestly don’t see the point in going over the penalty incident. There are terrible decisions in near enough every game in the championship. We scored a perfectly good goal in our last match which was 3yrds onside and ruled offside! It was 0-0 at the time and so hearing in mind our record that changed the course of that game too...and? 

The penalty wasn’t given, tough shit. It’s done now and Boro didn’t do enough to beat us. NEXT

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Borofan87 said:

EshCUgSW4Ac6Ois.jpg

Good luck to the lad, hopefully he makes a speedy recovery.

The challenge wasn't intentional, wasn't a sending off, but was a definite penalty. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Mate, I think a lot of people know & understands what he brings to the team. However that doesn’t not make him underrated.

Needs to be more clinical! One day he’s a world beater, next game he’s the most frustrating player.

I saw someone post on Twitter that he’d be a perfect replacement for Vardy @ Leicester the other day....Was that you? LoL

This is pointless isn't it? You think overrated I think underrated. His hold up play and involvem for the goal today shows he can do what alot say he doesn't but anyway I'm just a big fan. Really rate him, alot of the games he is frustrating I feel is down to tactics and team performance. Sure he misses chances and can be greedy but I'd take that all day for what he brings to the team.

No I don't do Twitter..maybe find him and troll him for the banter 🤣

4 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

You're on a winning run,get the one for Luton started before someone else nabs it 😃

Bet365, leipzig yesterday & napoli today would strongly argue that I am not on a winning run as all my accumulators have had 1 donkey 😭

As long as Athletic & Everton win to support lazios earlier victory, then I'll be on the start of one. 🥇😂

1 minute ago, Borofan87 said:

There was no intent from Branthwaite, he didn't even know Fry was there. Morsy only had one thing in his mind and that was to take Travis down which fortunately didn't cause serious injury but it could quite easily have done. Branthwaite was a red card but I don't believe that there was any intent from the lad. Morsy on the other hand is by the law a booking (although I would like to see that changed) but he only ever had one intent to foul Travis

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Dack's injury was nothing to do with Morsy.

12 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Can I just say I’ve laughed so much it’s brought tears to my eyes that is so observant and witty. 

Thank you from a fellow teessider who has come over to the Rovers! My family will have been up in arms about the result today

Aye of course it was a penalty, but it happens to us all and it's that bit better that its upset Warnock so much. A lesson to be learnt for young Braithwaite though, he got away with it today but it wouldn't have happened in the VAR infested prem where he aspires to play. I guess when you have legs that appear 6 foot long themselves you may be tempted to use them a bit more than you should for high balls. Essentially that's why he's here though and learning from this mistake should aid his development. 

A good 3 points and always good to get that clean sheet but not much to get carried away over.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Heck of a piece of PR when the main incident in question is completely ignored! 

Sure, the manager's reaction at the end of the game is mentioned but the incident and it's implications aren't. There's having a Rovers slant and there's a complete lack of objectivity devaluing said opinion. When the main incident going outrageously in our favour is totally ignored it leaves you in the latter camp. 

I saw it the same way as chaddyrovers and I watched the whole match live on Bet365. We came and robbed them blind.

3 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Aye of course it was a penalty, but it happens to us all and it's that bit better that its upset Warnock so much.

To be fair to Warnock and I think he disgraced himself today with his conduct towards Branthwaite but I really do think there is a some sort of agenda against him from officials.

Edited by Ewood Ace

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Delighted you are happy Chaddy and no doubt, similar to your cover photo, you are in your living room jumping up and down like a demented terrier.

Calm down, treat yourself to a takeaway, enjoy a beer and have a nice night!

Of course I am delighted with my team winning. Why wouldn't any Rovers fan not be happy with a win? 

I like watching the Simpsons and thats why I have that as my icon.  

I am very calm Mercer and enjoying watching Only Fools and Horses. Don't need a takeaway and I don't drink alcohol any more. 

5 minutes ago, matt83 said:

As far as my understanding of the rules go if it’s reckless or dangerous intent doesn’t come into it in which case it’s a red all day long. 

I believe they were similar incident in the Manchester United Liverpool game judging by Alan Nixon comments. Not much made of it. 

At the end of the day the Ref didn't give it and questions need to be ask why he didn't give it. He clearly didn't think it was foul or dangerous play. 

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Borofan87 said:

EshCUgSW4Ac6Ois.jpg

You don't need to tell us about eye injuries:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11676/12012501/corry-evans-blackburn-midfielders-injury-was-similar-to-car-accident-or-hammer-impact

But both were accidental, it happens in sport unfortunately. 

You were diddled out of the pen today, possibly a red, but again it happens, not sure you're going to get much sympathy on that front here.

We've got away with nailed on penalties against Boro, and Millwall,  which both helped earn us the 3pts on the day. But I could name you about half a dozen decisions that have gone against us this season that cost us points. 🤷‍♂️

Good luck to your lad on his recovery, unlucky today, tough call, good luck for rest of season. 

Hope we meet you in the playoff final, we get a dodgy 89th min penalty to win, and Warnock spontaneously combusts on the sideline. 😛😛😂😂

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Borofan87 said:

EshCUgSW4Ac6Ois.jpg

These things happen in football just look at the  challenge on Corry Evens last year against Preston left him with a fractured skull and a shattered eye socket and that was not a booking either.

Edited by had.e.nuff
  • Like 3