BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

24th January 2021 Middlesbrough Away 15:00

3 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

I’m sorry Rev but I can’t let your post go unchallenged.

Your last paragraph shows well your disdain for our manager. You assert he is deceitful to his employers, he is lazy and is only motivated by his retirement pot at the end of his career.

Assertions that I doubt you have any evidence for.

Astonishingly, you contrast him with a 70 year old who engaged in a foul mouthed rant against the officials and later with an 18 year old boy wearing blue and white. 

Your defence of him is that he is “engaging” and “ he gets carried away in the heat of the moment!” You must have missed Arbritros’s earlier post which contains plenty of damning comments about Neil Warnock.

Some posters may also remember Warnock’s attempted assault on Shearer after words were exchanged at Brammall Lane in the 1990’s.

I have listened to every interview Tony Mowbray has given and being a  reasonable judge of character  in my honest opinion our manager is a man of standards and integrity.

Hi Tony. Actions speak louder than words and I've formed my opinion over a period of time based on Mowbray's tenure here.

You obviously have a different view and that's fine. I doubt you know Warnock any better than I know Mowbray but even if we were to accept your character assessment of them both, Warnock's managerial CV eclipses that of our manager and I want a manager who'll get us success not one I can invite round for tea.

• Like 7

Looking at the highlights i think the fact nobody went straight over to Fry may have contributed to the ref not giving anything. Boro players were screaming for a penalty and Rovers just walked past him. Usually at least 1 or 2 would go to the player and wave frantically towards the bench.

Think the ref missed the contact and then couldn't really go back on that given the time lapse. Will be intetesting to see if Branthwaite is charged and/or if the ref is demoted...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Hi Tony. Actions speak louder than words and I've formed my opinion over a period of time based on Mowbray's tenure here.

You obviously have a different view and that's fine. I doubt you know Warnock any better than I know Mowbray but even if we were to accept your character assessment of them both, Warnock's managerial CV eclipses that of our manager and I want a manager who'll get us success not one I can invite round for tea.

Obviously Warnock has managed more games than Mowbray but statistically Mowbray has a better win percentage than Warnock so maybe in time our manager can eclipse his CV!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

Obviously Warnock has managed more games than Mowbray but statistically Mowbray has a better win percentage than Warnock so maybe in time our manager can eclipse his CV!

Not much in it, 40.2 to 41.8 and I would imagine that would be accounted for by TM's time at Celtic. I'd rather judge it on Warnock's eight career promotions to Tony's two really.

I also saw a piece online from Mowbray in the Liverpool Echo in which he said Warnock was a wonderful individual away from the pitch but he's a very emotional manager and on reflection might think he shouldn't be fronting up to an 18 year old.

About right and credit to Mowbray the best interview he's given in a very long time.

57 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You cant judge managers based on win percentages, otherwise youd think that Arteta having Arsenal in mid table is better than a manager keeping a terrible team in a league.

I agree with you but clearly there are many posters on here who are judging him on results and suggesting he is a poor manager but a 43% win record is not a bad defence.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

I agree with you but clearly there are many posters on here who are judging him on results and suggesting he is a poor manager but a 43% win record is not a bad defence.

We have a 40% win record this time round which doesn't sound bad, but the problem is that up until yesterday we'd lost as many as we'd won hence the reason we're languishing some way outside the play offs.

Sorry no, just watched the highlights, and that was utterly criminal from Branthwaite. Might honestly be one of the worst tackles (if you call it that?) I've ever seen delivered from someone in a Rovers shirt. I am the biggest fan in the world of old school hard tackles, but you don't raise your boot in the air like that, ever. No I don't think it was purposefully malicious, but something has gone very wrong in his training if he hasn't been told that is never acceptable no matter what. And then to be honest Everton have to answer for that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We have a 40% win record this time round which doesn't sound bad, but the problem is that up until yesterday we'd lost as many as we'd won hence the reason we're languishing some way outside the play offs.

This is always us.  Look back at league tables over the past few months and also the finishing tables for the last 2 seasons...we lose as many as we win. So much so I'm getting suspicious 

Going back to the season...

Rovers need to win the next two, and hope everybody ahead of us on the table goes nowhere, for us to move into a playoff place. Honestly, we could win our next three; we’ve won 7 of our last 9 possible points, I could easily see us winning 7 of the next 9.  

Heady days, indeed, for our Rovers. COYB! 

14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Luton, QPR, PNE, Barnsley, Forest next five games... now’s the time Mogga, just imagine the Four Year Anniversary tributes if we go on one of our sporadic winning runs...

That could feasibly be 15 points or none! Which sums up why we aren't going anywhere. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Luton, QPR, PNE, Barnsley, Forest next five games... now’s the time Mogga, just imagine the Four Year Anniversary tributes if we go on one of our sporadic winning runs...

A nearly full squad fit for those games... Travis in particular.

Its our chance to get right back in the mix 

43 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Oh look Dael Fry starts for boro today. You'd have thought he died the other day going by some of the comments on this. 

I don't recall corry Evans or David raya making such a speedy recovery. 

It was an accident shit happens

I just made exactly the same comments to my husband.  Can't believe he's back this week.  Stitches alone normally take that long to heal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Oh look Dael Fry starts for boro today. You'd have thought he died the other day going by some of the comments on this. 

I don't recall corry Evans or David raya making such a speedy recovery. 

It was an accident shit happens

Get therapy. It's embarrasing.