BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

24th January 2021 Middlesbrough Away 15:00

1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Does anyone think a thrashing in front of the TV cameras would put Tony on notice? 

why would anyone want us to lose and get a thrashing? 

also we have seen 2 posts from 2 very respectable members that the owners have full faith in Mowbray currently. Are we going to ask this sort of question every match day. 

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

He’s not giving up the 4-3-3 without a fight either. On top of a his lack of tactical nouse hopefully his stubbornness will be his undoing.

He’s spoken before about missing his family I think it’s time the Tony Mowbray shaped anchor was cut loose and he can ride off into the sunset. 

I'm niot sure he said he missed his family just he spends most of his time away from them now managing us. 

I like us playing 4-3-3 formation. 

Armstrong with the winning goal for us today

• Like 1

Boro are everything we're not, and their strengths sit perfectly against our weaknesses.

I expect defeat. Probably not a thrashing as they don't seem the types, but it will be comfortable for them even if they only win by a goal.

I see we have gone for the battle though with our midfield selection. Maybe it will be enough to earn us a draw.

Annoyed I have to pay Sky to watch this one, it will be turgid. At least paying ifollow would have meant it (mostly) went direct to the club.

Edited by bluebruce

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't get how it's "stodgy"..Travis and Davenport should definitely be starting and who else do we go with there then? 

I just think you've got too many midfielders doing the same things. I also don't like the balance of the forward line. Both elliot and rothwell will look to come deep and infield to get the ball.

1 minute ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I just think you've got too many midfielders doing the same things. I also don't like the balance of the forward line. Both elliot and rothwell will look to come deep and infield to get the ball.

Who would you have had midfield? 

Ya, I don't like Rothwell there either. Brereton clearly hasn't come back the same player though 

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

But then it’s Sky money that makes up the majority of Championship club’s cash flow...

I'm not sure if that's technically true, it's not as crazy as the Prem money. Most of it is solidarity payments anyway. But I think we get 100k for today's game.

Nonetheless, fairly sure my buying a day pass has zero impact on my club getting money and that's the point I was making. I'm not begrudging the Sky money in general. It's just a nicer feeling to pay a tenner to watch entertainment that is rarely worth that tenner in real terms, but knowing the money goes to the club.

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Who would you have had midfield? 

Ya, I don't like Rothwell there either. Brereton clearly hasn't come back the same player though 

I'd have sacrificed one of travis or johnson. Most likely johnson but I feel like johnson is in to help us defend set pieces. 

Then rothwell could play in the midfield 3 which he is better suited. Then I'd have gone with dolan or preferably brereton wide left 

• Like 1

• Backroom

So we will end the game somewhere between 6 and 9 points off 6th place. Should it be 9 there shouldn’t even be an argument left for not changing manager!

Think we’ll win this one, red card for them at some point 

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why would anyone want us to lose and get a thrashing? 

also we have seen 2 posts from 2 very respectable members that the owners have full faith in Mowbray currently. Are we going to ask this sort of question every match day. 

Because we're bored of underachieving with a squad that could, or perhaps even should, get us promoted. 

The owners are wrong then, like they've been with almost all of their decisions for the last decade. 

Clearly you don't cope well with people having a different opinion to you, despite that being your excuse for not putting up a valid argument every time anyone disagrees with you. How predictable. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Anybody know why when I go to Now TV for Sky Sports it says you can watch it from 5.99 a month, and then when I click on it the best offer is 9.99 for a single day pass?!

Some kind of voucher I can apply maybe?

The £5.99 is to watch on your mobile - I think.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Honestly, the bullshit these Sky pundits spout. You can tell they haven’t watched a minute of our games when they say stuff like “Blackburn go direct because of the efficiency of it”. WTF?

Ya and Monk saying "Rothwell had been so good" based off the clips where he looks like Messi. Obviously no mentioned of the fact that he's so inconsistent. 

They are critical of the defence though 

I think the problem with our side comes down to player selection TM has put together a side without thought of need or team selection. It’s highlighted by the fact the two largest cash outlays are both on CF.  This while we already have the leagues highest rated young CF in AA. But it goes deeper. AA and Dack have never jelled together. Dack prefers AA playing wide while AA would prefer to be center. Rothwell is better suited in the center than out wide, but when everyone is fit he’s played out of position. Seems to me 1/2 the selection each week is shoehorned into a position not best suited for their abilities. The squad has 5 CF,  10 Center mids (apparently that’s what Downing is now too), no center backs, 1 actual outside back (Naymbe) and only winger (Dolan). The squad construction is 100% on TM and right now though there are good players, theres seem to have been no thought into how those pieces could work together. 

Edited by yankfan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Honestly, the bullshit these Sky pundits spout. You can tell they haven’t watched a minute of our games when they say stuff like “Blackburn go direct because of the efficiency of it”. WTF?

True but tbf they’re not doing him too many favours talking the squad up so much! Makes anyone watching start to question the manager....

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya and Monk saying "Rothwell had been so good" based off the clips where he looks like Messi. Obviously no mentioned of the fact that he's so inconsistent. 

They are critical of the defence though 

They only got that “cutting insight” from our goals against column under Mowbray.