BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Saturday, Jan 30th- Luton at Ewood

5 hours ago, USABlue said:

I don't understand why some just can not admit they were wrong.  They will even twist the truth, conveniently miss anything good but never do the same with anything bad.  Douglas has been one, he's imoroved, some have made mention but some cling to their he is shit evaluation by highlighting him getting skinned (once, lost his footing) almost giving a goal up, nearly giving away a penalty but then no mention if him definitely saving a goal with a brilliant goal line clearance.  Takes a proper man to just hold up his hand and admit to being wrong ir even just they were hasty in in arriving at their decision.  Leaves me dumbstruck.

Ya, Douglas was arguably man of the match yesterday. Was worth sticking with him it seems 

I don't think we can say the gameplan worked against Luton just because we nicked it by the end. It clearly wasn't working for long periods although the application was there. Sometimes you just have to stick at it and hope that one half chance gets snapped up.

I think that applies to this league and being at the top end of it more than any other. Again it was a game quite resembling many of the lge 1 season in as much as we were stuttering along giving opposition too much respect. A chance gets snapped up then a raft of changes from the strong bench gets us over the line.

We were strong enough to see it out and had a non panicking keeper playing his part in that. Both those ingredients have been added this season so there should come April/May be genuine signs of moving forwards.  

If he gets the backing this window and rumored signings there really is no hiding place anymore, not one.  We are though now capable of grinding out wins and winning when playing shite. That's a positive even though it might not seem like it watching some games.

Sod the stats and the stars it's all about results.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Watched the highlights there again. Unsure why their goal was called off, we got a rub of the green there.

Reminded me of Downings tackle too. A serious tackle that was, at a crucial time. 

I think the player who played it across goal (peeled off Gallagher I think) was offside from the flick on.

24 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I don’t believe they are top because of Hanley more in spite of. Their season rooted at the bottom of the prem with defence issues a main problem sums that up 

Nonsense. He started only 14 times in the Premier League yet has played 22 this season so your theory doesnt check out. In spite of when its going well at the level we are comparing to and hes playing every week yet when he doesnt start half of the games in the Premier League that proves it?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think the player who played it across goal (peeled off Gallagher I think) was offside from the flick on.

Nonsense. He started only 14 times in the Premier League yet has played 22 this season so your theory doesnt check out. In spite of when its going well at the level we are comparing to and hes playing every week yet when he doesnt start half of the games in the Premier League that proves it?

He is rotten , cannot convince me otherwise . So bad he can’t even get in out National team that’s crying out for a centre back 

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

He is rotten , cannot convince me otherwise . So bad he can’t even get in out National team that’s crying out for a centre back 

I wouldn't be rushing to get him back. He's always got a mistake in him. He's like a lot of lower level centre halves. He's ok withstanding a siege and when he's defending the six yard box. It's when the ball is in the other half, or when his team is in possession, he tends to switch off and get caught out.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, arbitro said:

Another clean sheet which is the way to Championship success. A couple of Rovers supporters I speak to have given me some food for thought regarding Lenihan and evedentially I find it hard to disagree. Lenihans best matches this season have been with either Wharton or Branthwaite beside him and both are better footballers than him which, in a strange way inspires him and he does seem a better player and not the panic ridden, error prone footballer we sometimes see.

Poor old Wharton. Waited so long for his chance, proved himself and promptly got injured. Football can be a cruel game sometimes.

I hope he doesn't get forgotten.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He could have come here and play regular 1st team football and help us get promotion instead he been just training there with the odd bench spot. Surely playing regular football would have been more beneficial for his career?

Bloody hell Chaddy, he isn't a Rovers supporter is he? He had a choice and he made it---for himself. Plenty of time to help out another club when he is financially secure.

Jones was a Rovers supporter and he was off to Manu like grease lightening! 

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I personally think that Lenihan is after Armstrong our most under appreciated player.

He can be rash, he isnt the most cultured of players and he isnt perfect but we win far more points with him than without him. He wins lots of headers, hes quick across the ground and he is a leader.

The only partner he has had trouble with is Ayala, whether that is down to a lack of balance (both struggle on the left of the 2) or Ayala's constant injuries making it difficult to strike up a partnership together.

He did have a wobbly spell earlier in the season but his problem is, he is the constant so when we have a decent spell, the credit goes elsewhere. He kept a few clean sheets early on with Williams, but Williams got all the credit for some reason. Wharton came into the team, he was the new kid on the block, the pair did well but Wharton got all the credit. Now Branthwaite, I think Lenihan has been superb in the last month but the new loanee gets all the credit.

I agree Lenihan is excellent for us. Don't get why he gets the stick he does. If we lose him to injury we are screwed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

A fit Ayala is ten times Hanley imo 

That's one game in about 15 though, are you saying that Grant Hanley would be a worse member of our squad than a latter day Vince Grella?

Ayala has pipped our Northern Irish superstar in the 'availability stakes' for goodness sake!

• Like 1

On 30/01/2021 at 12:26, roversfan99 said:

Why do you think people arent pulling for the team? Offering praise and criticism alike on an internet messageboard doesnt affect performances or suggest that people are not desperate for the team to win. Lets stop this nonsense.

I think I’m just missing the part of the match where we’re cheering and together in pulling for the lads.  Sure we always questioned the play, the manager, or the line up at the pub over a ping before the match. And after critique the play, but in between there was loyal devotion. Now with the only banter on this forum it seems as though it’s only the criticism and negativity... I coulnt help but feel that had we been at the match there would have been more cheers, support and excitement over getting the result. 

A message board is never going to replicate that feeling. And in the end I like talking about what a donkey SG is or whether AA is greedy, but miss the parts where we’re all pulling for the lads even if we’re critical of them 

On 30/01/2021 at 14:52, Stuart said:

The iFollow coverage really is amateurish.

With regard to the camera work I agree. During the minutes applause the camera should have remained on the big screen. I was waiting to see a photo of my best mate, a Rovers fan since 1945, who died back in August. Instead the camera switched between Rovers team, Luton team, Mowbray, the officials and Jones with occasional flashes of the screen. I was seething.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bazza said:

With regard to the camera work I agree. During the minutes applause the camera should have remained on the big screen. I was waiting to see a photo of my best mate, a Rovers fan since 1945, who died back in August. Instead the camera switched between Rovers team, Luton team, Mowbray, the officials and Jones with occasional flashes of the screen. I was seething.

The same situation for me. I was hoping to see the name of a gentleman I used to sit next to in the JW passed last year.

I think the club put something on social media somewhere though, with a list of deceased fans, players.

1 minute ago, Wheelton Blue said:

The same situation for me. I was hoping to see the name of a gentleman I used to sit next to in the JW passed last year.

I think the club put something on social media somewhere though, with a list of deceased fans, players.

Oh thanks. I'll look for that list.

9 hours ago, bazza said:

The whole production is pants, Bazza.

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The whole production is pants, Bazza.

I would say the whole production is reasonable, Stuart.

OK, sound doesn't always get switched on early enough. Cameras are still focussing on one individual whilst game is back underway. Re-runs of play taking place whilst game continues. Those are the cons.

Pros: The two commentators are OK most of the time. We have to put up with adverts like watching ITV and Sky. It's par for the course. I have got used to watching Rovers on my screen in a warm room and also the bonus away fixtures.

24 minutes ago, bazza said:

I would say the whole production is reasonable, Stuart.

OK, sound doesn't always get switched on early enough. Cameras are still focussing on one individual whilst game is back underway. Re-runs of play taking place whilst game continues. Those are the cons.

Pros: The two commentators are OK most of the time. We have to put up with adverts like watching ITV and Sky. It's par for the course. I have got used to watching Rovers on my screen in a warm room and also the bonus away fixtures.

It really isn’t. It isn’t worth £10 as a 90 minute pay per view offering. The only reason I pay it’s Rovers. No way would I use it to watch any other clubs.

The pre-game is embarrassing. Much of the build up is lost to sporadic adverts - sometimes in the middle of the commentary. During the last game there should from the ads were playing over footage of the highlights. Which are usually without any sound whatsoever.

There is a large anti piracy box which appears on the pitch.

The camera work isn’t far off what you would see down at Leyland.

Despite some of the banal comments, the efforts by Neil and Warren are often the best part.

As a product it is distinctly amateurish and not serious coverage of a football match. I put up with it because it’s the only way to watch Rovers.

• Like 1