Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

QPR Away / Mercer’s Wine Club

Looks like we will have a few more options for the weekend. Would go like this:

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Branthwaite Douglas

Travis Davenport

Elliott Dack Dolan

Armstrong

Subs: Pears, Harwood-Bellis, Trybull, Rothwell, Holtby, Gallagher, Brereton, Downing, Bennett

Back 4 and keeper pick themselves. Dack must play in his best position, Armstrong is obvious as is Elliott, and Travis again despite his rustiness picks himself.

As ever, the main dilemmas come in CM and on the left. 50/50 between Holtby who looked decent last week and the less gifted but more industrious Davenport next to Travis. And wide left its between 3, Dolan is more suited to being an impact sub perhaps with his pace against tiring defenders, with his end product and decision making questionable, but id be tempted to go with him for the start with Brereton poor in recent weeks and Rothwell never consistently impressing, although I'd be happy to see the latter start too.

• Like 1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19065438.mowbray-anticipates-difficult-decisions-rovers-selection/

Davenport and Trybull back with others close too. Certainly no excuses moving forward now with the personnel at his disposal.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Looks like you beat me to starting the match thread, so I'll post my opening post in here & try to get the other thread deleted (Edit: Sorted, I've managed to hide it):

QPR will probably be buzzing after their win at Vicarage Road on Monday and their recent form is the same as ours over the last 5 games (W3 D1 L1) although their loss was more recent to ours against what appears to be a rejuvenated WRDC (why do Sky insist on it!? it was bad enough when they were known as FLDC!)

Anyway, I digress. Never an easy trip down there but I hope we don't do our usual trick & sh!t the bed when in touching distance of the play-offs. I'd happily take another scrappy 0-1.

Think we'll probably see THB on the bench for this one although, barring injury or a sending off, I doubt he'll get on the pitch.

If Dack's fit enough, I'd like to see :

Kaminski

Nyambe  Lenihan  Branthwaite  Douglas

Travis  Holtby

Elliot  Dack  Brereton

Armstrong

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 1

QPR playing with wing backs at the moment. Something we've really struggled against this season. I'd be quite up for seeing a 4231 as opposed to the 433 because of this. And also because we consistently seem to do better when switching things up and moving away from 433 towards the end of games. 

They do like to keep possession. Not as much as us mind. Remains to be seen whether it will be us trying to break them down or more ebb and flow. I've seen them as quite similar under Warburton as we have been under Mowbray. Like to try and play the "right" way but with a soft underbelly. Difference being is they've lost their two worldies in Eze and Osayi-Samuel. In saying that they've added steel and experience this transfer window in Austin and Johansson. 

Ordinarily I'd say they are a good side to face and would usually fancy us against them. But they have hit a little form and seem a little more pragmatic. Its not 'must win' but victory here could help overcome some demons of us constantly bottling things and genuinely put us right in the mix. In that sense. It is a big game. Would love a scrappy 1-0 away win!! 

The managers head will be literally spinning like a wheel with the options that are now popping up. The tombola will roll before this one and probably during the course of it.

A nil nil draw with credible clean sheet will be the outcome and the point will be put in the bag.

• Like 1

• J*B pinned this topic

No reason to fear QPR or go there willing to take a point. We need to break through the inferiority complex and go there against a team lower down expecting to win, obviously a draw may not be the end of the world and we wont win everytime but on the back of 10 points from 12, 3 points off the play offs, now is the time to really push on.

• Like 5

Be a big test for Lenihan and Branthwaite this as QPR have looked a much better side since signing Charlie Austin, he is still a quality striker at this level. Defensively though they aren't very good. I fancy a 3-1 Rovers win. As for the line up I'd go with.

Kaminski

Nyambe             Lenihan              Branthwaite     Douglas

Travis                 Davenport           

Dolan                               Dack                              Rothwell

Armstrong 

Subs: Pears, Harwood-Bellis, Bell, Trybull, Downing, Holtby, Elliott, Gallagher, Brereton

Edited by Ewood Ace

Their home form is dire, last win back in November, whilst we've win a couple on the bounce away. All pointing towards another 1-0 win.....would be nice to score another 1 or 2 but I'll take the 3 points.

Austin of course the biggest threat and it'll be a good test for our newly assembled defence. One i believe they're up to.

13 hours ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Absolutely no reason not to fancy picking up 3 points here. Some big decisions need made with players now returning from injury. Personally I would like to see. 

Kaminski 

Nyambe 

Douglas 

Lenihan 

Branthwaite 

Travis 

Davenport

Elliott 

Dack

Brereton

Armstrong. 

I’d go with this team in a 4411 but start with Rothwell on the left in place of BB, Elliott on the right and Dack in behind Arma.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Be a big test for Lenihan and Branthwaite this as QPR have looked a much better side since signing Charlie Austin, he is still a quality striker at this level. Defensively though they aren't very good. I fancy a 3-1 Rovers win. As for the line up I'd go with.

Kaminski

Nyambe             Lenihan              Branthwaite     Douglas

Travis                 Davenport           

Dolan                               Dack                              Rothwell

Armstrong 

Subs: Pears, Harwood-Bellis, Bell, Trybull, Downing, Holtby, Elliott, Gallagher, Brereton

You'd leave Elliott out?----best player on the pitch, better than Dolan, Dack or Rothwell.

5 hours ago, yankfan said:

I'm at a stage now where I have some really tough decisions to make," Mowbray admitted. " Because Elliott Bennett and Corry Evans are now back available”

Lord help us if those two make selection decisions difficult.  

Must be an international fixture looming.

• Like 4

Apart from Centre back the team is coming back to full strength....thats not to say all players are at top form, far from it. We need to find a way of including Dack. He may be quiet but along with Armstrong hes our most likely player to nick a goal in a tight game. Davenport should be a starter in CM from now on.

Kaminski

Nyambe    Lenihan   Branthaite   Douglas

Travis    Davenport

Elliot                Dack              Rothwell

Armstrong     

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Hi Guys, is the game on ifollow? Can't seem to see the email to pay? 

Yes mate it is, use the link below & click on 'Buy a video match pass':

https://www.rovers.co.uk/matches/fixtures-results/first-team/202021/february/queens-park-rangers-vs-blackburn-rovers-on-06-feb-21/

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, yankfan said:

I'm at a stage now where I have some really tough decisions to make," Mowbray admitted. " Because Elliott Bennett and Corry Evans are now back available”

Lord help us if those two make selection decisions difficult.  

Surely these two have to be furthest down the line in the midfield queue? When everyone is fit, will they even make the bench?

Only reason I can see that Bennett possibly would be on the bench is that he can play in several positions.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Surely these two have to be furthest down the line in the midfield queue? When everyone is fit, will they even make the bench?

Only reason I can see that Bennett possibly would be on the bench is that he can play in several positions.

The problem is that Bennet is not very good in any of those positions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

I still can’t get my head round how the club can’t pay for the season pass holders away games or at least make it a % off.

I know I shouldn’t moan about something that’s caused by a pandemic but I must’ve spent 100 quid on top of my season ticket already this season simply watching away games and the ones not allowed on the season pass!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I still can’t get my head round how the club can’t pay for the season pass holders away games or at least make it a % off.

I know I shouldn’t moan about something that’s caused by a pandemic but I must’ve spent 100 quid on top of my season ticket already this season simply watching away games and the ones not allowed on the season pass!

But your season ticket wouldn't have given you access to those games you have paid for. In a normal season you wouldn't have shelled out the £100 but then you wouldn't have seen the games (not legally anyway).

If you buy a ticket from Rovers for an away game like tomorrow the club make money for it just the same as an individual match pass for a home game i.e £8.33 (£10 less VAT).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JBiz said:

If you don't want to pay for i-follow, listen on radio Lancs. Did you not know what you would be entitled to, when you bought your season pass ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, only2garners said:

But your season ticket wouldn't have given you access to those games you have paid for. In a normal season you wouldn't have shelled out the £100 but then you wouldn't have seen the games (not legally anyway).

If you buy a ticket from Rovers for an away game like tomorrow the club make money for it just the same as an individual match pass for a home game i.e £8.33 (£10 less VAT).

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

If you don't want to pay for i-follow, listen on radio Lancs. Did you not know what you would be entitled to, when you bought your season pass ?

I did understand the terms and perhaps I was a little over hopeful about getting back into the stadium.

I also appreciate I wouldn’t have the opportunity to watch away games on my normal season ticket, but that would guarantee me priority for away and big cup games.

Obviously, if there is 2500 season passes and if they covered in full every away game;  about half a million pounds over a season.

Might seem a lot for the club in an environment they’ve lost a lot of turnover, and I’d rather us spend that money on recruitment, but still..

Moneys tight enough and an extra 20/30 quid a month will prevent many from accessing the games.

From a marketing perspective- I’d be using this opportunity (all games live) to get as many fans watching as possible.