BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

QPR Away / Mercer’s Wine Club

6 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Another point to make the people who said 5 games ago (and will say it again) we’re only 6 points, etc, off the play offs. Well prior to today we had amassed a very credible 10 points from 12 and Bournemouth in free fall. Well currently we are 6 points off the playoffs. When chasing playoff/promotion at this stage that sort of gap is pretty much insurmountable. This season has been over since before Xmas. 

Correct. Nothing about the team is good enough from the Chicken Chokers down. Tony Mogadon has numbed me completely. When we lose now I no longer feel any pain.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Today was classic Mowbray. We have a good group of players but we are being held back by a stubborn, arrogant, deluded manager who seems to think he is a gifted tactician but he's not and everything on the pitch looks a confused over complicated mess.

The 4-3-3 does not work yet because that is what he has been working towards playing for so long he won't admit that it isn't. The 4-3-3 also does not suit Dack he's far to deep in it. Whenever he does make a tweak to the 4-3-3 it is to play a false 9 which has never worked whoever plays the role. Harvey Elliott is not a false 9 he is a right sided player that is where all his best contributions have come from. So what does he do today he put's the 5ft 5 winger through the middle and plays the 6ft 3 striker out wide. And that brings me on to Gallagher how many more ineffective performances does he have to put in on the wing before Mowbray swallows his pride and admits that he is not a winger.

The Harwood-Bellis sub today really wound me up that was a sub made for one simple reason and that reason is that he has told Man City that Harwood-Bellis will get a certain amount of game time. And just like when he had to shoehorn Bennett into the side Nyambe was again the victim of having to shoehorn someone in. In Nyambe we have one of the best full backs in the league who is probably worth £8-10 Million yet we are most likely going to lose him for a pittance thanks to Mowbray's very shoddy treatment of him.

As for his subs its the same every week just throw on attacker after attacker, play with no shape or structure (although we rarely do before the subs) and just hope that one of the numerous attackers on the pitch can produce a moment of individual magic to bail him out. 

He reminds me of a vatsly vastly inferior version of Arsene Wenger during his final years. Everyone can see the problems and what isn't working but he is too stubborn to admit he is wrong and would rather go on failing by doing it his way.

Absolutely spot on.

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m so pissed off with this teams consistent failings when it comes to the top six. I could write a long post trying to emphasis the point but at this stage, I’m with StevenSK, I realise it’s pointless and instead should turn this into #MercersWineClub. 

@MercerI’m looking for a white to go with sea bass tomorrow evening, maximum budget £20, typically stay in the NZ Sauvignon territory. I’ll be buying from Whalley Wine Shop, so ideally something they will have it stock. 

Go for a Tohu - lovely nose and palate especially if you like herbal and fruit tones.  You should have a few quid left from your £20 as well!

• Like 2

• J*B changed the title to QPR Away / Mercer’s Wine Club
9 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m so pissed off with this teams consistent failings when it comes to the top six. I could write a long post trying to emphasis the point but at this stage, I’m with StevenSK, I realise it’s pointless and instead should turn this into #MercersWineClub. 

@MercerI’m looking for a white to go with sea bass tomorrow evening, maximum budget £20, typically stay in the NZ Sauvignon territory. I’ll be buying from Whalley Wine Shop, so ideally something they will have it stock. 

You strike me as a Blue Nun man so I'd go with that. Lovely with fish fingers. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Go for a Tohu - lovely nose and palate especially if you like herbal and fruit tones.  You should have a few quid left from your £20 as well!

Tohu it is, thanks for the recommendation @Silasbut in the spirit of things I’ll be going for the Mercer recommendation. Photo plus review to follow tomorrow evening. 

• Like 3

Just now, J*B said:

Tohu it is, thanks for the recommendation @Silasbut in the spirit of things I’ll be going for the Mercer recommendation. Photo plus review to follow tomorrow evening. 

Have just the one glass or you’ll be posting that we’ll smash the nobbers ‘by 4 or 5 goals to 1’.

• Like 1

Not good enough. I still think it is too simplistic to say that we bottle it necessarily, we couldnt have got into the play offs today anyway, I just dont think the manager is capable of getting the level of consistency required.

Now we seem to have tightened up at the back, conceding 2 in 5 games, both from set pieces, which is good in regards to better organisation to stop opponents scoring from open play, but Mowbray's delegation of set pieces really rankles considering that we are so inept from them in attack. Branthwaite looks very capable but was dreadful for the goal and also nearly cost us a second, on the back of his assault of Dael Fry, I suppose that a kid making errors to the benefit of his parent club is par for the course when we try to solve our defensive woes with other teams kids.

Going forward is where we are now struggling and our crippling reliance on Armstrong really shows. His goal output has slightly decreased and he quite a few times recently has been selfless, as seen with Elliott's chance but sadly the supporting cast lack the consistency and/or the quality to chip in, hence why no one has got past 4 goals. You have to look at the individuals, especially Rothwell, Gallagher, Brereton and indeed Elliott (although he at least sets them up for others) but also the horrendous inconsistency in regards to tactics, formations and positions that stem from Mowbray. Why was Elliott playing as a false 9? He keeps shifting between systems and with players in different roles as if he is playing a computer game and it does not create any sort of consistency. We need to get Dack back in and firing further up, and the pair in CM look like they can establish themselves as a shield, so play 4231 and stick to it.

His use of subs has always been poor and we even saw prior to his appointment that his method tends to be to chuck as many attacking players on as possible at the expense of any structure or plan and it rarely if ever works. If you are going to play Dack and Elliott so deep at the end you may aswell not have bothered. The sub of Harwood Bellis screamed of as feared, Mowbray including the young lads at the detriment of the team to appease their parent clubs. A couple of times it was obvious that he is a centre back playing out of position.

In terms of performance, Travis was the best player for us, Davenport and him look a good combination and Armstrong was our sole attacking threat. Bell, Nyambe, Rothwell and Elliott were poor, Gallagher fairly ineffective too, Lenihan solid, Branthwaite classy but has ultimately cost us the game.

I am unconvinced that our issues regarding set pieces and attacking inconsistencies are likely to change judging by his ignorant post match comments:

"Am I concerned? No. My coaches work on set-pieces and for the majority of the game we dealt with them.

It’s football, it can happen. We just have to accept that and move on."

and...

"I think the forward areas are fine."

• Like 3

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Happy to bow to his superior knowledge. I'm no connissuer.

But it's a great bottle of white for that price next time you're after one.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not good enough. I still think it is too simplistic to say that we bottle it necessarily, we couldnt have got into the play offs today anyway, I just dont think the manager is capable of getting the level of consistency required.

Now we seem to have tightened up at the back, conceding 2 in 5 games, both from set pieces, which is good in regards to better organisation to stop opponents scoring from open play, but Mowbray's delegation of set pieces really rankles considering that we are so inept from them in attack. Branthwaite looks very capable but was dreadful for the goal and also nearly cost us a second, on the back of his assault of Dael Fry, I suppose that a kid making errors to the benefit of his parent club is par for the course when we try to solve our defensive woes with other teams kids.

Going forward is where we are now struggling and our crippling reliance on Armstrong really shows. His goal output has slightly decreased and he quite a few times recently has been selfless, as seen with Elliott's chance but sadly the supporting cast lack the consistency and/or the quality to chip in, hence why no one has got past 4 goals. You have to look at the individuals, especially Rothwell, Gallagher, Brereton and indeed Elliott (although he at least sets them up for others) but also the horrendous inconsistency in regards to tactics, formations and positions that stem from Mowbray. Why was Elliott playing as a false 9? He keeps shifting between systems and with players in different roles as if he is playing a computer game and it does not create any sort of consistency. We need to get Dack back in and firing further up, and the pair in CM look like they can establish themselves as a shield, so play 4231 and stick to it.

His use of subs has always been poor and we even saw prior to his appointment that his method tends to be to chuck as many attacking players on as possible at the expense of any structure or plan and it rarely if ever works. If you are going to play Dack and Elliott so deep at the end you may aswell not have bothered. The sub of Harwood Bellis screamed of as feared, Mowbray including the young lads at the detriment of the team to appease their parent clubs. A couple of times it was obvious that he is a centre back playing out of position.

In terms of performance, Travis was the best player for us, Davenport and him look a good combination and Armstrong was our sole attacking threat. Bell, Nyambe, Rothwell and Elliott were poor, Gallagher fairly ineffective too, Lenihan solid, Branthwaite classy but has ultimately cost us the game.

I am unconvinced that our issues regarding set pieces and attacking inconsistencies are likely to change judging by his ignorant post match comments:

"Am I concerned? No. My coaches work on set-pieces and for the majority of the game we dealt with them.

and...

I no longer listen to anything he says, he's deluded.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

and...

Yeah, but what's your tipple?

• Like 5