BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

QPR Away / Mercer’s Wine Club

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Quite right! This cannot stand!! Full internal investigation headed up by @Herbie6590 to commence immediately. Impeach him NOW!!

I’ve changed thread titles in the past...usually when David Dunn turns up at a new club...🤣

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

OK, well I’ll qualify it with a serious response, just incase. 

We’ve always changed thread titles. It’s just with the latest forum software you can see (or I’m guessing you can) who changed the title and when. When I say always, usually it’s not for attempted comedy like in this instance, usually if a thread goes off topic or details about a game change / aren’t included I will tweak the thread title to be suitable. 

I changed the title of the thread because I found it funny. I really enjoyed StevenSK getting wine recommendations half way through the thread because I was expecting chaos when I logged in — which usually happens when we lose. To his credit, Mercer took it very well and I’ve had a few laugh out loud moments this evening reading the replies. I’ve also found it thoroughly refreshing that the thread isn’t full of arguments and bickering. We’ve had two reports tonight in this thread, usually after a loss we’re closer to ten. 

I may have misjudged the situation, honestly from viewing the replies I can only see that you’ve found offence, if it’s only you then my honest thoughts are ‘so be it’ but if it’s genuinely upset anyone else please do speak or (either on private message or publicly here) and if the general consensus is that it’s not appreciated I’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again. 

Either way, as always, thank you for having an opinion. This website is run at this stage solely by a small sponsorship deal and volunteers, it’s sometimes great and sometimes a bit of a burden. We won’t always get it right but we will always try to do the best to keep the site going, improve on it and at a minimum keep the community open to anyone that wishes to be part of it and respect it. 

This site is run on “benevolent dictator” principles....we just need to master the benevolent bit & we’ve cracked it 😁

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mowbray was defending the false 9 bollox after the game. Something about wanting Armstrong on their slowest player. Ok, it did work at times, but surely he has to stay central, particularly if the alternative is that absolute rubbish. It negates both Dack and Elliott when they play there. God dammit Mowbray 

Genius. So what do we do with our slowest player - put him up against their quickest? Is that how football tactics work? That really is wired thinking.

I have an idea. If the only way you team can score goals is to give it to Armstrong and let him shoot every time he gets the ball, then at least play him where he can reach the goals.

35 minutes ago, booth said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19071176.mowbray-explains-elliott-positioning-rovers-defeat-qpr/

According to this Gallagher was playing alongside Armstrong.

On Elliot playing centrally, I'd be surprised if Liverpool are happy with their golden kid being played out of position. He looks like a shadow of the player when he was playing in his correct position.

It can't be easy playing for Mowbray constantly swapping you about like a panini sticker.

After the first 15 mins Sharpe tweeted Rovers were playing one of 3 different formations. Even he couldn't put his finger on it at that point, it's genuinely bizarre the stuff we watch at times.

No need for it whatsover in this league. If you are in the top 6 you can say it's justified but we never get within 6 points of it for more than a week.

It's not working.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

After the first 15 mins Sharpe tweeted Rovers were playing one of 3 different formations. Even he couldn't put his finger on it at that point, it's genuinely bizarre the stuff we watch at times.

No need for it whatsover in this league. If you are in the top 6 you can say it's justified but we never get within 6 points of it for more than a week.

It's not working.

This is supposedly it. Elliot up front, Armstrong on left, Gallagher on right, no width in midfield. Extraordinarily bad management when we've got the second top scorer in the league, the one on the right is a big number 9 with no particular skill in crossing or running, and the kid upfront was doing great in his preferred position. Then you look at how that choice of forwards has affected the midfield. I'm no football tactician by any means but even I can see that this is an absolute mess.

30437726_Moggedit.png.7f8138de0a809f0121cea835644f13dc.png

• Like 7

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Highlights that we just aren't quite there yet at both ends, nil nil would have been fair enough. Need to be nicking games like that or a least drawing them though.

Still feel though that the continued stuttering is partly down to tactics and lack of fluidity in the team. Coupled with the lack of ruthless bullishness from top to bottom you need to chase promotion.

Far too happy to plod along just hoping them make a raft of changes and hope a bit more. Far more effective would be more balance in the system and get in the oppositions faces.

Neither the team or manager has it in them though unless their backs are against the wall.

We are not far off, we have proved we can compete with the top teams in the league. It must be a mental block that every time we get close to the top 6 we flop. 

Plenty more twists and turns left this season. But anything other than top 6 this season is failure 

1 hour ago, tonygreenbank said:

Of course I’m serious.

I'd suggest finding something more serious to get serious about.

Might I recommend from the menu, today's latest failure to trouble the top 6? Perhaps sir might like it with a glass of malbec.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

We are not far off, we have proved we can compete with the top teams in the league. It must be a mental block that every time we get close to the top 6 we flop. 

Plenty more twists and turns left this season. But anything other than top 6 this season is failure 

The manager admitted in the post match interview that he's dicked about with his team in an attempt to exploit the opposition. I'd point towards that being a bigger problem than some psychological kryptonite.

I wish he'd play to their strengths rather than against the oppo's weaknesses. Like he did last match when he had to throw a dice to get a result.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, booth said:

The manager admitted in the post match interview that he's dicked about with his team in an attempt to exploit the opposition. I'd point towards that being a bigger problem than some psychological kryptonite.

I wish he'd play to their strengths rather than against the oppo's weaknesses. Like he did last match when he had to throw a dice to get a result.

he did`nt really play to their weakness did he,if he had,then he`d have played two genuine wide players  to get behind their admittedly slow defence,in the end we ended up with everything being played in front,which is easy to defend against,he`s becoming kean like in his post match interviews,im`e really struggling to hold on to my respect for him,it`s an easy fix to make rovers into a decent side,put the players in their right positions and stop messing around with tactics that you can`t make work

40 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

I thank you for your response.

I was not aware that titles of threads could be changed. 
I did not find it funny especially after a defeat and I didn’t expect the reaction my post has caused.

I’m clearly out of tune with the majority on here so I had better exit stage left!

Aye, bit bizarre mate

• Like 2

Mowbray has no idea who to play and where. I’ll be honest, neither do I. So much inconsistency throughout the team.

Might take till the end of the season to figure it out. Rothwell and Nyambe unless they are playing 10/10, get hooked by Mowbray every week. So frustrating.

Need a huge bounce back from the lads on Friday. 

Imagine getting upset about the lad that runs the website changing the title of the thread. Crikey

3 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Normally this sort of performance and result would be met with anger, disappointment, frustration, bickering, arguments, bannings...

And here we have a Mercer inspired BRFCS love in over several bottles of wine and the odd beer.

It must be unheard of.... but why has this strange phenomenon occurred?

It seems that we have been ground down to zero expections and past the point of caring. Cheers Tony & a big glass of red to everyone.

Its as if we knew it would happen! 😂

• Like 1

Im not sure that he is reactionary necessarily, analogies aside. In fact he often goes out of his way to try and second guess opposition tactics, threats and weaknesses to the point that he fails to generate that level of consistency in his selections. You look at examples of playing 2 left backs against Oldham to try and nullify Oldhams right back, or even today the way that he lined up the front 3.

You look at the likes of Swansea, 3 at the back and wing backs, Ayew and Lowe up front, they play the same every week, Brentford with their 433, Norwich with their 4231. The players invariably change with unavailability etc but someone else comes in and keeps that continuity. Mowbray needs to look at it, who are our biggest goal threats? Dack and Armstrong, build around them. Kaminski, Nyambe, Lenihan, Branthwaite and Douglas with Travis and possibly Davenport as a shield. And then probably Elliott and one space up for grabs out wide. If one comes out, like for like in.

He also has a big problem in chasing games without going gung ho to the detriment of the balance of our side. That was a criticism even going back to his Celtic days. We needed a goal and regularly had the likes of Elliott and Dack in front of the defence where they dont offer a threat. There was no need to have Brereton, Dolan AND Elliott all on today. When Holtby went off, Downing should have come on.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Grooby, Ste B et al were always making ‘humorous’ tweaks to profile descriptions and the like. It’s a football message board not the Court Circular.

What a bizarre post. But I reckon you are just doing the brfcs version of the Handforth Parish Council meme, subtle though, I’ll give you that...

You are rather prone to exaggeration. I don’t really take any notice of what you say. It doesn’t make any sense.