BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

QPR Away / Mercer’s Wine Club

The more I think about Saturday, the more I realise it was a complete tactical screw up with a very strong squad available. It's not looking good for the remainder of the season.

March in particular under Mowbray is looking bleak, that said I still don't think there's an obvious replacement out there.

We're going to have to accept a mid table finish this year and hope a new manager is brought in right as the season ends. The pitch and non-playing staff should be the main focus of investment this summer.

The owners must deliver on that front otherwise we'll never make the grade and our talent will continue to be wasted.

Over to you Venky's.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

The more I think about Saturday, the more I realise it was a complete tactical screw up with a very strong squad available. It's not looking good for the remainder of the season.

March in particular under Mowbray is looking bleak, that said I still don't think there's an obvious replacement out there.

We're going to have to accept a mid table finish this year and hope a new manager is brought in right as the season ends. The pitch and non-playing staff should be the main focus of investment this summer.

The owners must deliver on that front otherwise we'll never make the grade and our talent will continue to be wasted.

Over to you Venky's.

Agree, except that we are going to be in a position where we also have to focus on the playing staff with any investment too. Too many contracts expiring and loans ending for it to be any other way.

Funds will be limited though, with the covid economic effect and FFP on the horizon. It's hard to see how we make it all happen, so either we keep the manager or sell Armstrong. And sadly, it could be both.

Think people need to calm down about Dack, what is he supposed to show in these cameo's that proves he is fully back to his best? Give the lad minutes and he'll come good. He didn't always completely dominate games even pre injury and this idea he signed a contract because he knows he's not gonna be good enough is bonkers

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Kie_BRFC said:

Think people need to calm down about Dack, what is he supposed to show in these cameo's that proves he is fully back to his best? Give the lad minutes and he'll come good. He didn't always completely dominate games even pre injury and this idea he signed a contract because he knows he's not gonna be good enough is bonkers

Perhaps he is just showing loyalty to a club that has stood by him through a bad injury!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't think Dack looks any heavier or less fit than he was before the injury. Doesn't look as sharp maybe,but it's hard to tell when he's playing out of position and/or only for cameos. 

I think you are right...and if pace wasn't an asset before, there is no reason why he shouldn't recover his previous form?

If we are to accept that it's a mid-table finish, any sensible club would pot Mowbray and staff now and bring in a new manager (Nigel Pearson would be ideal) so he has time to assess the playing staff, bring in his own coaches, organise contracts for those he wants to keep and make good use of the summer transfer window.

It's not rocket science.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bazza said:

If we are to accept that it's a mid-table finish, any sensible club would pot Mowbray and staff now and bring in a new manager (Nigel Pearson would be ideal) so he has time to assess the playing staff, bring in his own coaches, organise contracts for those he wants to keep and make good use of the summer transfer window.

It's not rocket science.

Equally, if we are in reach, do we believe TM is the man to do it? If not...a new appointment should be made now....

Would love Pearson, but maybe he would only be calling Rich Sharpe and Andy Bayes ostriches!

27 minutes ago, bazza said:

It's not rocket science.

It's also not poultry science, so don't expect the right decision.

• Like 2

• J*B unpinned this topic
7 minutes ago, neophox said:

As long as we have a chance of a place in the play offs Tony will be here. If he can't reach play offs he will be off in summer. That's the way things stands.. 

For me he can walk now. 

He will be off in the summer?? Opinion or what you have heard? I need some sort of hope to cling to. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, neophox said:

As long as we have a chance of a place in the play offs Tony will be here. If he can't reach play offs he will be off in summer. That's the way things stands.. 

For me he can walk now. 

Is this true or speculation? I'd have thought they'd let him have next season rather than having to pay him off.

i`ve heard there has been a bit of dressing room unrest over mowbrays tactics and approach to games,kicked off at full time on saturday (not the 1st time either by all accounts)everyone was involved,barring the young lads on loan,tony was shocked by all the vitriol and has retreated to his beloved north east to reconsider his future,worst of all the remains of the lemon drizzle cake was thrown against the wall by a player who shall remain anon,mrs m`s bone china cake stand was also a casualty and she is far from happy

could this be the end of mowbrays regime???,it`s clear he`s running out of time and i think he`s run out of player respect as well,once you lose the dressing room it`s basically all over,you never get it back

• Like 2

On 07/02/2021 at 17:12, Mattyblue said:

Yes Dack isn’t fit and he hasn’t had the impact we hoped.

But TM isn’t helping with his approach of chucking on four subs at once like an international friendly and ending up with about 5 forwards on the pitch, but no discernible shape.

Does he have a clue of what to do with him in the post Danny Graham team?

That's because we have four of the forwards playing in midfield.  If he had stuck Gallagher(or Brerton)in the middle, Armstrong playing off him, and had Elliot and Dolan playing as offensive wingers for the last 15 it might have had more of an effect.  Also, why did we buy a full back from league 1 then loan him back, rather than loan the player in the same position that is out of contract in the summer!  

10 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Equally, if we are in reach, do we believe TM is the man to do it? If not...a new appointment should be made now....

Would love Pearson, but maybe he would only be calling Rich Sharpe and Andy Bayes ostriches!

Not sure he is in best physical shape at the moment. His mental shape has always been questionable. The honours section in Wikipedia is telling. 

6BCF9AB3-DEBD-4FDB-930B-D413A5E856D1.thumb.jpeg.616772a06857620f7eca9635064c2c9d.jpeg

46 minutes ago, pjt said:

.Also, why did we buy a full back from league 1 then loan him back, rather than loan the player in the same position that is out of contract in the summer!  

It's a good point.  I've heard he isn't ready for top half championship football.  Probably best to chase the money on that one.  

Edited by Sparks Rover

2 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Not sure he is in best physical shape at the moment. His mental shape has always been questionable. The honours section in Wikipedia is telling. 

6BCF9AB3-DEBD-4FDB-930B-D413A5E856D1.thumb.jpeg.616772a06857620f7eca9635064c2c9d.jpeg

I heard a radio interview with him before Christmas and he was saying he's back feeling well again etc....looking to get back in.  I think he lost his mum too recently 😒 had a bad year or so.  Could we benefit from a refreshed and driven Pearson?  

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I heard a radio interview with him before Christmas and he was saying he's back feeling well again etc....looking to get back in.  I think he lost his mum too recently 😒 had a bad year or so.  Could we benefit from a refreshed and driven Pearson?  

Yes of course, he layed down the foundations for Leicester winning the Premier League.

With Pearson I worry his combustible nature combined with our owners would mean that it would be a disaster waiting to happen, even if he is a good manager (which I think he is). 

On the flip side with our owners absent maybe it could be a good fit. He can't argue with someone who isn't there, surely? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

It's a good point.  I've heard he isn't ready for top half championship football.  Probably best to chase the money on that one.  

Nor is Bell.

The only signings who Mowbray deems fit for top half championship football are the kids we loan. Funny that. Everyone else takes time to bed in.

Edited by booth
  • Like 2