Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

QPR Away / Mercer’s Wine Club

On 04/02/2021 at 14:17, roversfan99 said:

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Branthwaite Douglas

Travis Davenport

Elliott Dack Dolan

Armstrong

Subs: Pears, Harwood-Bellis, Trybull, Rothwell, Holtby, Gallagher, Brereton, Downing, Bennett

Think this is our best team right now. 

Dolan was absolutely fantastic when he came on last weekend.

However think Travis is currently not ready personally. 

Would play Rothwell instead, and Swap Buckley for Trybull, and Butterworth for Bennett.

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Think this is our best team right now. 

Dolan was absolutely fantastic when he came on last weekend.

However think Travis is currently not ready personally. 

Would play Rothwell instead, and Swap Buckley for Trybull, and Butterworth for Bennett.

Butterworth is out injured again 

25 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Anyone bigging up Bennett needs to give there head a wobble. 

Absolutely woeful at RB and has led to many a goal being conceded.

He may give his all, but so does everyone else.

It's 'their'. 

And I think the people 'bigging' him up are actually acknowledging he isn't a FB but that he is useful to have on the bench. I mean, that's what  people have actually typed. Maybe give your device a wobble if it's showing something else. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 3

Surely Bennett will just follow Graham, Mulgrew and Smallwood, key cogs of the promotion team all, in moving on at the end of the season as we look to advance.

Which is fair enough, been a good servant, excellent club captain by the sounds of it, but time moves on and as a club you continually should be looking at improving the side.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Because he is a full-back. I realise JRC is injured. My list of players, is my preference of player for the right-back position at any time. 

Didn't think JRC was a full back ?

Also - just because a youth team player is a full back doesn't necessarily make him the best back up player for that position. 

25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Surely Bennett will just follow Graham, Mulgrew and Smallwood, key cogs of the promotion team all, in moving on at the end of the season as we look to advance.

Which is fair enough, been a good servant, excellent club captain by the sounds of it, but time moves on and as a club you continually should be looking at improving the side.

Yes - I think his time is coming to a natural end - though still worthy of a place in the squad at the moment.

11 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

He has been weak for the past 2 seasons, we have much better now and it's time for him to leave. You would get on with Tony and his "get along gang"   handing contracts out like confetti.   

He must be on 10k per week, we need to pay a better player this money. Bennett Out!

I assume your imaginary get along gang would include Mulgrew Smallwood and Graham where are they all again? Its something you have completely made up in your own head he's used plenty of young players.

18 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

I assume your imaginary get along gang would include Mulgrew Smallwood and Graham where are they all again? Its something you have completely made up in your own head he's used plenty of young players.

It's a feckin holiday camp. Downing, Evan's, Bell, Bennett, Ayala and the rest....none good enough.  Not to mention our 12m strikeforce 🙄

The first 11 picks itself.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Side picks itself to be honest

-------------------Kaminski

Nyambe—Lenihan—Bwhaite—Douglas

---------Travis-----Holtby----Rothwell

------Elliott----Armstrong----Brereton

That was basically what Tony wanted at the stat of the season (although Williams for Branthwaite). He's started all the recent games 433. Holtby, Travis and Rothwell as a three looked really good till Travis got injured.

100% that should be the team, that was the right blend in midfield.

2 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Personally I have never seen Pike play, as far as I am aware he has never played at any level beyond U23. In the numerous times you have watched him actually play, what makes you think he is ready to start ahead of an experienced player ?

JRC is injured.

Pike is a predator in the pond which we are currently fishing in.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

It's a feckin holiday camp. Downing, Evan's, Bell, Bennett, Ayala and the rest....none good enough.  Not to mention our 12m strikeforce 🙄

The first 11 picks itself.

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Completely agree. 

Literally a jolly for some of those blokes. 

Most of those mentioned will be gone come the summer Brereton has become a player for us Gally has looked hungry coming off the bench recently Ayala is good enough just had injury issues.

I'd bet that most of the teams in this division have players who supplement the first team and act as cover.

A big opportunity today to show we really are contenders.

I have been unconvinced by our form recently but can't complain about the points haul. Putting a consistant run together is so important and we have done that and confidence should now be high. If we can up the tempo and hit some really good form we will be in a great position.  Most years one team emerges from the pack at just the right time.

Maybe that postponment against Swansea has helped because we had a rest before the Boro game and avoided a possible defeat which could have derailed the current run.  Also injuries are clearing up and we seem to have strengthened the defence.

I am not Mowbray's biggest fan and to me he doesn't come across as someone who will inspire and galvanise the players but he now has a real chance disprove that. We are in a much better position than I ever expected a few weeks ago so here's hoping we can grasp the unexpected opportunity.

6 points from QPR and Preston and things will really get exciting.

Edited by Crimpshrine
typo
  • Like 5