BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

National league and North and South

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

They really had it in for Dover. The points deductions for the 16 teams from national league north and south are suspended so they have not faired as badly. If some of those fines are implimented could be the final straw for some sides

• 5 months later...

Chorley had scored 1 goal in their 3 league games before today.They beat Gloucester 9-0 today with EIGHT different scorers,Two things occurred to me,firstly what are Gloucester doing in the National league North? One thing you wouldnt say about Gloucester is its a northern town and secondly Eight different scorers must be close to some sort of record in one match.

• 3 weeks later...

For those like me with no ticket for Saturday at Blackpool be aware the rearranged fixture of Chorley v Bradford PA has FREE Entry with voluntary donations for Jake Hibbs of Bradford who broke his leg in the first game and had to wait over an hour on the pitch for an ambulance.

• 1 month later...

For those who have an interest in non league football Bamber Bridge play Chorley in the LFA challenge cup this Tuesday night. Chorley include ex rovers Adam Henley and Willem Tomlinson. Bamber bridge include two lads on loan from Blackpool Lewis Bange and Harry Apter who are far too good for this level particularly Apter. Rodwell Grant is also at bamber bridge on loan from Preston and well known to sparksrover I think.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rogerb said:

For those who have an interest in non league football Bamber Bridge play Chorley in the LFA challenge cup this Tuesday night. Chorley include ex rovers Adam Henley and Willem Tomlinson. Bamber bridge include two lads on loan from Blackpool Lewis Bange and Harry Apter who are far too good for this level particularly Apter. Rodwell Grant is also at bamber bridge on loan from Preston and well known to sparksrover I think.

Rob Apter

Joe Rodwell -.My centre forward for 3 years on loan from the nobbers.

Lewis Coulton -.My captain too on loan from the nobbers 

Rob and Lewis called up to the Scotland 19s.

👍

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Rob Apter

Joe Rodwell -.My centre forward for 3 years on loan from the nobbers.

Lewis Coulton -.My captain too on loan from the nobbers 

Rob and Lewis called up to the Scotland 19s.

👍

I've watched Apter (I'm sure Blackpool let him go in the summer and he was snapped by AFC Fylde) on a couple of occasions and certainly has pace to burn at that level, quick feet and a constant goal threat... Bamber Bridge are certainly making use of the loan system to their benefit, however I'm told that the ground wouldn't reach National League North standards should they get promotion.

Edited by JWU-Andy
typo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

After missing out on live football on Boxing Day I decided to go to Chorley v Curzon Ashton today and really enjoyed the game which was full of commitment, decent skill level and seven goals as Chorley ran out 4-3 winners. I paid £12 for both me and my granddaughter which represented great value. The win moves Chorley into fourth and the crowd of over 1700 will bring in a bit of money for their promotion push.

• Like 2

Interestingly, only 2 out of the 11 scheduled National League North fixtures were cancelled today, presumably due to Covid.

I imagine that these guys have to provide Covid tests as do those in the PL and Championship, which - with my cynical hat on - highlights the gamesmanship being played by the likes of Hull City.

43 minutes ago, arbitro said:

After missing out on live football on Boxing Day I decided to go to Chorley v Curzon Ashton today and really enjoyed the game which was full of commitment, decent skill level and seven goals as Chorley ran out 4-3 winners. I paid £12 for both me and my granddaughter which represented great value. The win moves Chorley into fourth and the crowd of over 1700 will bring in a bit of money for their promotion push.

Chorley are doing well this year after relegation from the National League and look good for a playoff place.They are one of those teams where they are good enough for the higher reaches of National League North but don't have a benefactor or crowds like the ex Football league clubs to make a good go of a National League season.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Chorley are doing well this year after relegation from the National League and look good for a playoff place.They are one of those teams where they are good enough for the higher reaches of National League North but don't have a benefactor or crowds like the ex Football league clubs to make a good go of a National League season.

i remember (circa 89/90)when chorley were in the conference(national league) and for a memorable month they went top of the league😀,victory park was rocking and crowds were nearing the 3000 mark every home game,unfortunately then as now,they could`nt compete with the ex league clubs and the likes of barnet,yeovil and wycombe who were all full time, they survived the season but the next ended up in relegation,great times and some brilliant cup runs as well

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

Chorley will always be a yo-yo club unless the 'powers that be' who run the club, back them and run it as a full-time professional operation when in the National League.  As with many clubs in the NLN they are run on a shoestring and by the goodwill of volunteers and would be a huge financial gamble to go full-time but if they could bridge that gap, could well be worth it.

14 minutes ago, JWU-Andy said:

Chorley will always be a yo-yo club unless the 'powers that be' who run the club, back them and run it as a full-time professional operation when in the National League.  As with many clubs in the NLN they are run on a shoestring and by the goodwill of volunteers and would be a huge financial gamble to go full-time but if they could bridge that gap, could well be worth it.

it would kill the club off unfortunately,keeping the ground open takes most of their income because it`s falling to bits,they only got to play in the national league because the league gave them special dispensation for a season,to get victory park up to national league/football league standards would cost a masssive amount

1 hour ago, JWU-Andy said:

Do you the powers that be have the money and finances to go full time? 

I've watched the Class of 92's documentary and how they finances the operation from part time to full time. 

Who is the Chorley head coach? I know Matt Jansen is at Stockport County I believe now

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it would kill the club off unfortunately,keeping the ground open takes most of their income because it`s falling to bits,they only got to play in the national league because the league gave them special dispensation for a season,to get victory park up to national league/football league standards would cost a masssive amount

Yeah i don't think the ground has changed much since back in the late 80's.I remember my dad taking there back in 84 to my first ever proper live football match.There was hope a long time ago that maybe Trevor Hemmings might put some money in as he was a local but he lost interest in Chorley FC and put his leisure money into Horse Racing and PNE instead.

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

The used to be funded by Trevor Hemmings and I would not be too surprised, if he has last some provision in his will.

Edited by lraC

9 minutes ago, lraC said:

The used to be funded by Trevor Hemmings and I would not be too surprised, if he has last some provision in his will.

no,he lost interest a few years ago,though to his credit he did gift them the ground,i think they`ve since sold it back to the council,who don`t charge them rent but don`t contribute to the upkeep or maintenence

On 28/12/2021 at 18:43, Wheelton Blue said:

Interestingly, only 2 out of the 11 scheduled National League North fixtures were cancelled today, presumably due to Covid.

I imagine that these guys have to provide Covid tests as do those in the PL and Championship, which - with my cynical hat on - highlights the gamesmanship being played by the likes of Hull City.

Perhaps the fact they are part time and only meet up a couple of evenings a week to train maybe a factor limiting transmission. The group in the professional game are together as a group a lot more so when the virus gets in the group there is greater spread

• 4 months later...

Chorley in national league north play off away to York on Wednesday evening. Top of table clash Wrexham v Stockport saw 10118 in attendance for the National league game. That's as many as we had on for some games mid Winter!

2 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Chorley in national league north play off away to York on Wednesday evening. Top of table clash Wrexham v Stockport saw 10118 in attendance for the National league game. That's as many as we had on for some games mid Winter!

So what !