BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Friday 12th February Blackburn Rovers Vs Preston North End @ Ewood Park

12 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Ditch the 4-3-3, start Dack in his best position, don't play with a false 9, give Elliott a rest and don't try to shoehorn the lad from City in at any point.

Kamniski

Nyambe        Lenihan              Branthwaite      Douglas

Travis                 Davenport

Dolan                           Dack                             Rothwell

Armstrong

This for me our best team currently.

I’m not seeing square pegs in round holes in the future. Good health (& hopefully sanity) is being restored, & new players getting acclimated (particularly defenders) so we should start seeing players in proper positions. 

Also... hopefully Dolan gets some game time this week. If not a start, perhaps he comes in at 66’ with some fresh legs & creativity.

COYB!! 

23 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Obviously he would be incapable of scoring any of the four cracking goals he has scored for Shrewsbury in the division above.🙄

It's fair comment, but I don't think he's in contention to start for Rovers on Friday, either.

Have to treat this as another banana skin - lose on Friday and there can be no excuses, or apologists incapable of accepting the cynical cycle of avoiding actual contention and retention of a top 6 place. A win doesn't necessarily confirm anything either, but it would be nice to take back some bragging rights from the NobEnders, after they had our pants down for the past couple of seasons...

COYB!

41 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

It's fair comment, but I don't think he's in contention to start for Rovers on Friday, either.

Have to treat this as another banana skin - lose on Friday and there can be no excuses, or apologists incapable of accepting the cynical cycle of avoiding actual contention and retention of a top 6 place. A win doesn't necessarily confirm anything either, but it would be nice to take back some bragging rights from the NobEnders, after they had our pants down for the past couple of seasons...

COYB!

I put it in the wrong thread to be fair. I blame the person who brought him up first in the wrong thread. I'm innocent guv. 

Anyway..... Rovers 1 PNE 1

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, den said:

What I want here, is a win for a friend of mine and mad keen Rovers fan Graham Swarbrick from Leyland, who died of Covid this week only two weeks after diagnosis.

Rovers.... make this one for Graham. 

Edit... This is Graham.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/19080547.tributes-paid-blackburn-rovers-season-ticket-holder-graham-swarbrick-died-coronavirus/

Condolences to you, Graham's family and friends. Football fans are literally a dying breed. I hope your wish comes true, Den. I really do.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Condolences to you, Graham's family and friends. Football fans are literally a dying breed. I hope your wish comes true, Den. I really do.

And from me. Saw a piece in the LT about him this morning. Sounded a top chap!

• Like 1

For the past few years ive been confident going into these fixtures of getting at least a point and possibly 3 . On current form and the transition the squad is going through at the moment though ive no idea what to expect. If theres one fixture i think we could do with a crowd at the moment its this one. I dont think you (rovers) have been in a better position to take all 3 points and the bragging rights than you will be this week end.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ProudPreston29 said:

For the past few years ive been confident going into these fixtures of getting at least a point and possibly 3 . On current form and the transition the squad is going through at the moment though ive no idea what to expect. If theres one fixture i think we could do with a crowd at the moment its this one. I dont think you (rovers) have been in a better position to take all 3 points and the bragging rights than you will be this week end.

Lol, well at this side of the A59 we've learned to keep our hopes in check whenever we appear to be in better positions for anything. The last 11 years have given us spades of humble pie, so the less ebullient of us tend not to exercise bragging rights until after the event. And then again, although I guess I did introduce the idea just above, for us there is only one set of bragging rights that is of any consequence, and it doesn't involve looking westward at anything happening up the Nob-End of things 🙂 - Sorry!

12 minutes ago, ProudPreston29 said:

Don't be too despondent, we can either be brilliant or awful depending on which Tony Mowbray turns up. Last match he was playing our 17 goal striker out wide, another striker out wide and a 17 year old out of form kid (who was better when played wide) in the middle. Then near the end of the game we went through about 3 different formations in 15 minutes.

Not sure why we lost with those winning tactics.

No matter who turns up he's a manager who tries to nullify the opposition first rather than play to his own teams strengths so you're always in with a chance with a Tony Mowbray managed team. He put Armstrong out wide because of their weak fullback, who it turns out isn't weak at all.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, ProudPreston29 said:

Good afternoon all , 

Im PNE fan ProudPreston29 a mod on PNE friendly forum Pebble League

https://pebbleleague.com/

The forum is a friendly forum with loads of intelligent posters and very few idiots . 

Just a quick message to invite you all to join in the debate in our match thread

https://pebbleleague.com/thread/9140/blackburn-rovers-preston-north-end

Please feel free to browse or if you feel sign up to the group and join in the conversation , with us being such close neighbours we do have posters with split households and im sure you will be made to feel welcome by all Pebblers

Good Luck (but not till after Friday)

PP29

Nice to see a couple of you have taken the plunge 

22 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Following this game we’ll have a fixture every midweek until the international break at the end of March.

Christ knows what our injury list (and pitch) will look like by then...

Scratch that, Christ knows what the pitch will be like tomorrow as they are training at Ewood again. They can’t use the indoor pitches at Brockhall as Tony ‘doesn’t like artificial surfaces as they cause muscle problems’... 

Not sure playing on a cabbage patch is great for muscle pulls and strains either, but hey ho.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ProudPreston29 said:

Echoes what I posted earlier regarding family and friends of mine who follow PNE.

They are bricking it.

FL should just cancel the fixture and award us the points.................!!!

3 hours ago, ProudPreston29 said:

Don't get sucked in chaps, this fella's a master of the old mind games. We will get hammered 4-0

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How did Trybull get injured ? Holtby must be a contender for the Vince Grella  Lame Duck award. I'll say one thing for Tony, he knows a crock when he sees one. Is it too early in the year for Ayala to put an appearance in ?

Ayala has only made 9 apps so far this season and 1 of those was a sub. 8 starts out 27. Not a great return.