BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Friday 12th February Blackburn Rovers Vs Preston North End @ Ewood Park

I have a bit of sympathy for the players, it's a squad with talent that's been let down right from the very top through to the manager and the pitch. They deserved a better manager and a new pitch at Christmas. The decision not to change either right away is proving costly, as expected. Mowbray out but is anyone really listening?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, booth said:

The players don't look like they aren't doing what they are told though, they look like a set of players who are struggling with the managers ideas. Take Gallagher, he runs about a lot, he tries but he's not a wide player. There are so many square pegs in round holes.

So I'd say it's the opposite of what he said. They are doing as they are told and that's the problem.

This

• Like 1

This terrible lock down is the reason why turnstiles are not turning at Championship clubs ...post lockdown Mowbray will be the reason why turnstiles will not be turning at Ewood . 

By the time Venkys address this current manager our fan base will be diminished beyond words .. who will watch “ that “..even the one eyed have closed it .

• Like 6

1 minute ago, garnersfags said:

Our January results mean he will be here til the end of the season. 

His last chance is Harwood-Bellis performing at centre-back, and Johnson and Holtby coming back this month, but they will need to do it despite Mowbray, not because of him. 

He will still play Gally in defence or on the wing, and he will still try to play Davenport, so the players will have to play even better to nullify this managerial genius.....

What do you have against Davenport?

He's a tidy little player who's a terrier off the ball. I'd play him every week with Travis and Rothwell in a midfield 3.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Our January results mean he will be here til the end of the season. 

His last chance is Harwood-Bellis performing at centre-back, and Johnson and Holtby coming back this month, but they will need to do it despite Mowbray, not because of him. 

He will still play Gally in defence or on the wing, and he will still try to play Davenport, so the players will have to play even better to nullify this managerial genius.....

I am a big fan of both Holtby and Johnson, but I dont think will change anything. But blow hot and cold. Like Rothwell, take away his couple individual goals of brilliance, hes not existent last few games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

I am a big fan of both Holtby and Johnson, but I dont think will change anything. But blow hot and cold. Like Rothwell, take away his couple individual goals of brilliance, hes not existent last few games.

That's because Rothwell has been shoved out wide left the last few games - a position he's consistently shown he can't play.

He's one of the first names on my team sheet in CM.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Arte et Labore said:

Nyambe was largely responsible for the Preston opener.  No right back should be positioned there 

Nonsense, its Branthwaite and Gallagher's fault. Branthwaite get's caught under the ball so Lenihan has to go in and cover him and then Nyambe does what any good full back does and covers Lenihan by tracking Barkhuizen. If he doesn't track him then they roll the ball into him and he is through one on one. Gallagher then has to be tracking back Cunningham and covering Nyambe.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Nonsense, its Branthwaite and Gallagher's fault. Branthwaite get's caught under the ball so Lenihan has to go in and cover him and then Nyambe does what any good full back does and covers Lenihan by tracking Barkhuizen. If he doesn't track him then they roll the ball into him and he is through one on one. Gallagher then has to be tracking back Cunningham and covering Nyambe.

Absolutely, if Gallagher was suited to that role. I'd say it's Mowbray's fault for playing him there, and secondly for signing him for such a ludicrous amount of money.

And for relying on other teams kids to perform in defensive roles that he's neglected for years.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

I thought a Davenport was one of the few players settling the ball in the first half. Why he went off at half i don get. Like Naymbe for Elliot, it made no sense. Was SG playing center back there for 5 min? 

on another note I cannot stand how timid Douglass is going forward. Many times he has space in front of him. A good attacking defender would put the defense on their heels, but he always holds it up. We’re really quite boring in the attack. Rarely get to the byline and never play penetrating balls. Hell 1/2 the time we get it inside the box then look to play it backwards.  

The back four was a complete disaster.  Why Branthwait wasn’t subbed for the city kid I don’t get  

it’s just all really difficult to watch and looks like a ship without a rutted. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Or Nyambe stays with his man and calls Lenihan back into the middle to cover Barkhuizen. At that point the player with the ball is no danger whatsoever to our goal. Hold the defensive shape let them make the mistakes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

I thought a Davenport was one of the few players settling the ball in the first half. Why he went off at half i don get. Like Naymbe for Elliot, it made no sense. Was SG playing center back there for 5 min? 

on another note I cannot stand how timid Douglass is going forward. Many times he has space in front of him. A good attacking defender would put the defense on their heels, but he always holds it up. We’re really quite boring in the attack. Rarely get to the byline and never play penetrating balls. Hell 1/2 the time we get it inside the box then look to play it backwards.  

Agreed I thought Davenport was doing well. Downing though always impresses, which is worrying considering his age.

I think Douglas issue is, his specialty is crossing from deep. But we got no one that can head it, so kind of kills his best attribute. On the other side we got Nyambe., who can beat a man, but cant cross it. 

I agree with Ewood Ace, that Nyambe actually defended the first goal incident well. A criticism might be that he should have spotted the danger and screamed earlier for Gallagher to get back.

You'll also see a Preston runner from midfield not being tracked by Rovers central midfielders which means Nyambe has to stay central by then.

The first goal was a wonder strike, so that has to be taken into account too.

And, Nyambe 'assisted' the Rovers pen with a surging run and pass. 

Going on those two incidents, only, he did some good work.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Or Nyambe stays with his man and calls Lenihan back into the middle to cover Barkhuizen. At that point the player with the ball is no danger whatsoever to our goal. Hold the defensive shape let them make the mistakes.

Lenihan had already gone. Nyambe had 2 choices either stay wide and they play a simple ball to put Barkhuizen through for a one on one. Or do what he did which required a much harder pass and fantastic touch and finish.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Tom said:

Mowbray just put the first goal on Nyambe on sky 

Never bought this man of integrity stuff about Mowbray.

IMO, he's an opportunist and it's all about himself.  Never to blame.  Think he's shown form for hanging out to dry who he thinks are the easier targets.

Personally, I don't trust Mowbray.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 9

8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

My issue was after he vacated his space he had zero awareness of what was happening in it, he drifted toward the ball, never glanced back. Even one glance would have given him a time  to react quicker than he did. He had no idea the player was there, in his space that he decided to vacate. 

32 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

That was a performance from a team clearly short of ideas. Maybe we have came as far as we can under TM. The strange thing is he can't seem to push on a very good squad that he personally has built. 

Do I trust venkys to replace him with a manager that will take us to the next level?....... No

See I agree about Venkys but then no other manager would play Buckley or Gally at rb and Elliott as a false 9. Literally none. So even if the next guy isn't the level we would want he cannot make dafter decisions. 

Gally at rb is like having a taxi driver who drives with his eyes closed. Doesn't matter how great the car he has assembled or how good his manouvreing is when he is focussed, they are a liability and a danger for you. Same with TM - regardless of squad or past achievements when you play your striker at rb you know that you have issues.