BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Friday 12th February Blackburn Rovers Vs Preston North End @ Ewood Park

24 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Remember how bad it was when GB got the sack. Berg, Appleton Lambert and finally ending up with Coyle. That's the route I fear we will take again if TM goes. 

This is 100% spot on. For those who say, “it can’t get worse than TM”, oh, yes it can. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Remember how bad it was when GB got the sack. Berg, Appleton Lambert and finally ending up with Coyle. That's the route I fear we will take again if TM goes. 

Berg and Appleton were before Bowyer. Also I think Appleton has shown since that given a bit of time he may well have proven to be a decent appointment.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Yes however if TM continues to play a centre forward at right back I'd say his name deserves to be in that company. And let's be clear for all the faults of the above list not one of them has made such a stupid error as playing a striker at rb. 

TM is clearly losing the plot. Whatever the relative merits of what he has done previously, TM has now lost the plot. The present is a nightmare with bizare formations, line ups and players out of position on a regular basis. Whether you think it Souness-esque after glory years of the culmination of years of mediocracy is largely irrelevant. The fact is that now is a chaotic head- scratching mess that needs ending asap. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

This simply cannot be used as an excuse NOT to have him removed.Decisive action needed now while we still have a sniff of top six.

Top 6 has gone, it did a couple of months ago (this time round) that is pie in the sky talk.

However, a change now would low a new man time to assess the squad and clear the decks in summer in preparation for the new season.

That said, that should have happened in each of the last two seasons so we can only hope it happens now albeit two years too late.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

Mowbray is not worthy of managing our Rovers. I absolutely hate how Waggott, the media and some supporters make out as though we are lucky to have him. I'd argue it is the other way round. He was abysmal as the manager of Celtic and not much better at Coventry. He was on the footballing scrapheap when Rovers came in for him. He has done nothing but talk the club down since his time here, making out as if we are some small time outfit and it is something that many have sadly bought into. All of this a front to quieten expectation. Then he has the nerve to say some fans will never be happy because they remember Shearer and Sutton! Nobody that I know has ever demanded or expected a return to those days.

The relegation to League 1 is something that he has taken maximum advantage of so he can dampen any kind of expectation. "We can't compete with Boro/Stoke/Brentford/Forest". "We were in League 1 not so long ago". Hold on, Tony, didn't you say that the owners wanted to fund a promotion push but you had to calm them down? Which one is it? We can't compete or you had to calm them down? It sounds like nothing but bullshit to cover up a lack of ambition. He simply does not want promotion and all that it entails. The last two years has seen the weakest Championship for some time. A decent manager would have gone for it, but we have blown it as Mowbray does not have a winning mentality. League 1 title up for grabs? "Nah, you're alright". Not worthy of being the manager of Blackburn Rovers.

I don't even want to get started on us scrabbling around for kids on loan from Premier League clubs and then Mowbray acting as though they are some kind of grand acquisitions. This isn't Carlisle or Burton Albion you're managing, this is Blackburn Rovers. If anybody in India is reading this, it's about time you got us a bloody winner in that manager's seat. You have the funds to do it, bloody sort it out!

Best Post on here for many a year.

Bravo Sir.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

This is 100% spot on. For those who say, “it can’t get worse than TM”, oh, yes it can. 

Of course it can. And if it does then you accept it hasn't worked out and you make another change. We don't have to stick with his replacement for a set period regardless of results.

You make a decision that a change is needed. You should already have an idea of what you want. You go and get someone qualified and ready for the job. You give them the best chance to succeed. If it doesn't work you then fire them and get someone else.

That's how it works in football. There are no guarantees. But confident, ambitious and clued up people minimise risks, and have the balls to admit when they've made a mistake and learn from it.

With the attitude of the next man could be worse than the current one then no club would ever change manager.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Trinidad Rover said:

A pretty big elephant in the room is Dack. He’s a shadow of the player he was and we’ve just leveraged OUR club again by offering him a big contract. Symptomatic of how the club is run and a pretty clear example of the decision making.

Today was his second or third start since returning and he was our biggest threat, not that its saying much. Physically he looks fine. To say he is a shadow of the player or an elephant in the room is crazy at this stage. He needs a run in the team in his best position.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Today was his second or third start since returning and he was our biggest threat, not that its saying much. Physically he looks fine. To say he is a shadow of the player or an elephant in the room is crazy at this stage. He needs a run in the team in his best position.

It's a worry when a player starts playing deeper.  Dack does his best work in front of goal.  Never did he get in that position today.  Too much in the middle of the field getting clattered 

27 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Attempting to cover for both CB's who had gone missing.

Not his job. The play came from the middle where we should have had Davenport and Travis in front of Lenihan and Branthwaite. Had no business inside, he is out of position, period.

9 teams out of 10 who get promoted from this league play largely with a settled side and certainly a consistent formation. I’d argue that Mowbray doesn’t come close to knowing his best 11, let alone formation - as admitted by the man himself. We all know he could win 3 on the trot with a 4-4-2 and the same personnel and he’d end up buggering it up in the 4th match for fear of their left back running riot. He simply has to go - the chaos that ensued tonight proves that. Absolutely baffled how anyone can believe he should keep his position. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Of course it can. And if it does then you accept it hasn't worked out and you make another change. We don't have to stick with his replacement for a set period regardless of results.

You make a decision that a change is needed. You should already have an idea of what you want. You go and get someone qualified and ready for the job. You give them the best chance to succeed. If it doesn't work you then fire them and get someone else.

That's how it works in football. There are no guarantees. But confident, ambitious and clued up people minimise risks, and have the balls to admit when they've made a mistake and learn from it.

With the attitude of the next man could be worse than the current one then no club would ever change manager.

I understand football. I’ve followed the Dallas Cowboys for 50+ years, and the head coach/manager role is essentially the same in either sport. 

The Rovers’ owners are more clueless than Jerry Jones, but not by much. They rely on others to feed them information about the state of affairs at the club, because I doubt they’ve been to a game in years. But, the difference is in the money; Rovers don’t get anywhere near the money an NFL franchise does. So, hire/fire becomes much more of a delicate business. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lambert or Coyle is still being paid. 

I get it that about 98% of the posters here aren’t happy with Mowbray- I’m not thrilled myself. but, is that a good enough reason to sack a guy who could be Championship manager of the month, to hire another coyle to put us back in League 1?

I stand by my earlier statement: Give TM the rest of the season. We’re not going to hire Superman right now- who do y’all want- Is it Benitez? Because frankly, unless it is, there is nobody out there available right now that would come with more cred & awards that would be worth getting. 

Edited by WacoRover

25 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I understand football. I’ve followed the Dallas Cowboys for 50+ years.

Off topic

Hardly a ringing endorsement 😅 considering The Dallas Cowboys are basically the biggest sporting "Franchise" on the planet and haven't been anywhere near a Superbowl in a quarter century.

Perhaps the most under performing team there is past 20+ years... Mowbray's 2018-2021 Rovers not far behind.

Ps. I've ran out of Mowbray things to talk about... I've been "Mowbray Out" for literally 2 years and NOTHING has changed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Off topic

Hardly a ringing endorsement 😅 considering The Dallas Cowboys are basically the biggest sporting "Franchise" on the planet and haven't been anywhere near a Superbowl in a quarter century.

Perhaps the most under performing team there is past 20+ years... Mowbray's 2018-2021 Rovers not far behind.

You are Absolutely correct... if there were EFL rules since Dallas’ three Super Bowl wins ‘92-‘95, they would’ve been relegated once or twice. In short, Cowboys are a joke, just another NFL team now. Nothing special, but they give Stephen A. Smith something to laugh about on ESPN on Monday mornings. 

But that’s the curse of this blind loyalty to the shirt. Some refer to it mildly, as, “being a fan”. We’re stuck with it 😉

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, matt83 said:

Gallagher to right back. It still hasn’t sunk in properly. 

I remember posting jokingly SG would be played at CB, but I never in a million years expected it to happen.

Wasn't expecting that to happen at all, I was shocked when I saw the score. It's poor and if anyone has a link to the sky interview, I wouldn't say no.

• Like 1

Dack's clearly not fit.

The proverbial blind man on a galloping horse can see that.

Add in to that, Arma only really flourished once Bradley was no longer in the side due to his injury and it buggers belief that Mowbray now decides to just 'chuck them in together again' because he can.

Who was supposed to be playing where yesterday? 

My Burnley supporting wife has a spring in her step this morning.

I attempted to explain that our squad is more than good enough to challenge for promotion, but TM delegates the starting XI and crucially formation to our 18 month old daughter. On reflection I might actually be onto something.

Hopeless.

I’d be less bothered if we didn’t have such a good squad. When we were relegated the squad was poor, but we could and should be doing better.