BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Friday 12th February Blackburn Rovers Vs Preston North End @ Ewood Park

10 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Only player in our squad that can actually hold the ball up - but do carry on saying he's shit. It's quite amusing. 

What are you about? We were talking about physicality for big men, it literally said physicality in the post you quoted. Never said he was shit, although the jury is back out on that one to be fair. As things stand ,over the season so far, his goals and assists stats are pretty poor. I would certainly expect out most expensive player to contribute more. 

If you ask fans here to name Breretons strengths,I'm not sure many would say holding the ball up would be one. Do you remember Danny Graham? Now, he could hold the ball up. 

Glad you get amused by people saying Brereton is shit by the way. You must be a very happy person. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Surprised to see this. Even aside from his bizarre cameo at right back, all he did of any value was dive for the penalty. Questions over his defending and positioning for both goals and I dont recall any attacking contributions of any worth. There was once when he totally messed up an opportunity to slide Armstrong in.

Screenshot_20210213-132126_Twitter.jpg

Fell asleep immebdiately after Prestons first so I don't know about your judgement but Mowbary has form for yanking players who are performing well done it with Holtby, Nyambe, part of his we will not be promoted wish.

1 minute ago, USABlue said:

Fell asleep immebdiately after Prestons first so I don't know about your judgement but Mowbary has form for yanking players who are performing well done it with Holtby, Nyambe, part of his we will not be promoted wish.

It goes against all logic to suggest that Mowbray doesnt want promotion. If he managed it, his wages would go up, and even if he was sacked, he would be paid off.

He just isnt capable of achieving a genuine play off/promotion push. He has signed too many players that sum up the team as a whole, attacking players like Rothwell, Holtby, Brereton and Gallagher who may have the odd attribute but cannot offer anything of any consistency, and whose role in our team are still questionable even now. Kids on loan trying to patch up a feeble defence. And a lorry load of central midfielders, none bar an academy graduate who can nail down a position. His tactics are overcomplicated to the point of total inconsistency and confusion, and his subs are bizarre.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It goes against all logic to suggest that Mowbray doesnt want promotion. If he managed it, his wages would go up, and even if he was sacked, he would be paid off.

He just isnt capable of achieving a genuine play off/promotion push. He has signed too many players that sum up the team as a whole, attacking players like Rothwell, Holtby, Brereton and Gallagher who may have the odd attribute but cannot offer anything of any consistency, and whose role in our team are still questionable even now. Kids on loan trying to patch up a feeble defence. And a lorry load of central midfielders, none bar an academy graduate who can nail down a position. His tactics are overcomplicated to the point of total inconsistency and confusion, and his subs are bizarre.

Perhaps he prefers working and misguided accolades of press and other managers to being binned and a severance package and the extra work and scrutiny that would come with promotion.  Watching Burnley and Palance the gulf between us and them is massive now doubt I will ever see us above them again in my life barring Dyche moving on and them imploding.   They are.a.good side.  A team with a simple plan perfected by players knowing their roles and being used correctly to carry them out.  More than a bit envious.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Perhaps he prefers working and misguided accolades of press and other managers to being binned and a severance package and the extra work and scrutiny that would come with promotion.  Watching Burnley and Palance the gulf between us and them is massive now doubt I will ever see us above them again in my life barring Dyche moving on and them imploding.   They are.a.good side.  A team with a simple plan perfected by players knowing their roles and being used correctly to carry them out.  More than a bit envious.

You aren't aware of their present situation then?

I wouldn't be too envious.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, arbitro said:

Unless I'm misinterpreting your post your logic says that, because of many poor appointments we should stick with Mowbray whilst the current owners are in situ. 

If we want to progress we have to get rid of Mowbray, Venus and Lowe. I do agree that any new managerial appointment is a roll of the dice but in the view of the majority we have to take that chance. Quite simply we are treading water and the mid table obscurity has become the norm. A new appointment now would give a new boss time to assess the squad, look at new contracts, plan new signings and pre season planning. But sticking with him until the seasons end will make all the planning difficult for a new managerial team.

I’m for it, if we find an innovator, bright & fresh, hopefully young enough to have some energy, but mature enough to have some wisdom. 

We’re not going to find that guy right now. I will say it again, let Mowbray coach out the rest of the season... we might win enough to be top-6, but if we don’t, I think we’ve been patient enough, and can move on without him.

Again: Is there anyone here who wants to throw a basketful of money at Benitez? He’s succeeded at every level, including, getting magpies promoted back up to PL. 

52 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Only player in our squad that can actually hold the ball up - but do carry on saying he's shit. It's quite amusing. 

He's not particularly good at anything.

He had a decent spell where he just ran at the oppositions defence and worked his socks off I'll give him that. I wouldn't say he was good at holding the ball up though.

The lad is only 21 so may end up being a player. Would he be my choice for throwing a load of cash on someone, no but then he didn't put the price tag on himself. That's Mowbray's stupid fault for gambling money away on a kid when we needed defenders.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Again: Is there anyone here who wants to throw a basketful of money at Benitez? He’s succeeded at every level, including, getting magpies promoted back up to PL. 

Benitez would be a dream come true right now.

• Like 1

Why does Mowbray keep playing and borrowing young inexperienced players from premiership teams is he saying the rovers academy is not producing players of sufficient quality if so why are the club spending millions on it as we finished the Preston game with youth players from Liverpool,Everton,and Man City all playing what's his point ?  

• Like 3

Still can get over our “tactics” yesterday. We actually, purposely, played our 7 million pound center striker at right back!  That was an actual decision made, not due to injury or having a man sent off, or trying to see out the last few Minutes..our manager thought, we need a change, then decided that was going to give us the best chance to win. You can’t make that shite up. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, rossyrover said:

Why does Mowbray keep playing and borrowing young inexperienced players from premiership teams is he saying the rovers academy is not producing players of sufficient quality if so why are the club spending millions on it as we finished the Preston game with youth players from Liverpool,Everton,and Man City all playing what's his point ?  

I’m certain Carter could have performed as well as Branthwaite did yesterday. 

• Like 2

I am still furious at last nights utter attempt to win a football match, so much that I took a chainsaw to the neighbours tree and it’s now as non existent as rovers play off hopes!

I listened to Mowbray pre match interview where he told us all he isn’t a fan of formations, Jesus Christ we all knew that! 

Rovers were unrecognisable across the pitch.

Kaminski- too hesitant and ball distribution was terrible.

Nyambe and Douglas - not enough direct attacking, Nyambe caught out for the first goal big time.

Lenihan and Branthwaite- too exposed at times and neither attacked the ball in the air. costs us goal n7mber 2.

Davenport and Rothwell - non existent poor from both.

Dack - not played to his strengths in the first half, showed some touches but exposed due to the lack of midfield support.

Travis- again exposed due to n9 support in midfield.

Gally- thought he did well until he was sent to right back!

Arma- misfiring and needs to look up more as there are better options at times!

Dolan, Downing and Elliot - produced more than most when on the pitch.

Brereton - not enough time to do anything productive.

Harwood- unsure what he brought to the team.

Mowbray - well let’s say no more he has lost the players and the fans and it’s hard to see just how he can stay in the job. I don’t buy the retirement rumour.
it is now time t9 bring another manager in. Paul Cook for me. he can take these players to the next level with ease, any manager with an ounce of formation skill could!

Rovers know this season is now about amassing points and building for next season. If they can keep the spine of this team they will be in a good position, if not then it’s a rebuild built with the cash from selling Arma and Travis and ridding the club of the dead wood and big earners!

As a side issues pne were fucking atrocious as well they just wanted it a bit more and had a plan that they managed to work to!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

I’m for it, if we find an innovator, bright & fresh, hopefully young enough to have some energy, but mature enough to have some wisdom. 

We’re not going to find that guy right now. I will say it again, let Mowbray coach out the rest of the season... we might win enough to be top-6, but if we don’t, I think we’ve been patient enough, and can move on without him.

Your stoicism and support of him is admirable but keeping him until the end of the season is folly. Get him out and give a new manager time to plan. With a potentially huge turnover in the squad we are facing a real crossroads and allowing Mowbray more time will just damage the club even more in my view. His favourite 'journey' phrase will just go on and on if we stick with him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, booth said:

Benitez would be a dream come true right now.

I would have him. Anyone else is just recycled goods. On paper our squad is strong for this division. The key to Norwich success is a consistent team. They need a league for themselves. Too good for the championship. Not good enough for the Premier League. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

I would have him. Anyone else is just recycled goods. On paper our squad is strong for this division. The key to Norwich success is a consistent team. They need a league for themselves. Too good for the championship. Not good enough for the Premier League. 

Benitez would never come ina million years. He’s just been on 12 million a year! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

Generally, curries and wine don't match.

However, based on your starter and fish based curry (with garlic and chilli), I'd go for an off-dry Riesling which is very slightly sweet.  Ask them to recommend a bottle and you should be able to get something decent for ten or twelve quid.

Cheers Mercer, there’s a bottle paid on with Tom for you. 

FF269EBD-495F-47E0-8AF4-83E8C9D8FC36.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I am still furious at last nights utter attempt to win a football match, so much that I took a chainsaw to the neighbours tree and it’s now as non existent as rovers play off hopes!

I listened to Mowbray pre match interview where he told us all he isn’t a fan of formations, Jesus Christ we all knew that! 

Rovers were unrecognisable across the pitch.

Kaminski- too hesitant and ball distribution was terrible.

Nyambe and Douglas - not enough direct attacking, Nyambe caught out for the first goal big time.

Lenihan and Branthwaite- too exposed at times and neither attacked the ball in the air. costs us goal n7mber 2.

Davenport and Rothwell - non existent poor from both.

Dack - not played to his strengths in the first half, showed some touches but exposed due to the lack of midfield support.

Travis- again exposed due to n9 support in midfield.

Gally- thought he did well until he was sent to right back!

Arma- misfiring and needs to look up more as there are better options at times!

Dolan, Downing and Elliot - produced more than most when on the pitch.

Brereton - not enough time to do anything productive.

Harwood- unsure what he brought to the team.

Mowbray - well let’s say no more he has lost the players and the fans and it’s hard to see just how he can stay in the job. I don’t buy the retirement rumour.
it is now time t9 bring another manager in. Paul Cook for me. he can take these players to the next level with ease, any manager with an ounce of formation skill could!

Rovers know this season is now about amassing points and building for next season. If they can keep the spine of this team they will be in a good position, if not then it’s a rebuild built with the cash from selling Arma and Travis and ridding the club of the dead wood and big earners!

As a side issues pne were fucking atrocious as well they just wanted it a bit more and had a plan that they managed to work to!

What retirement rumour are you referring to?

• Like 1