BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Friday 12th February Blackburn Rovers Vs Preston North End @ Ewood Park

18 hours ago, StevenSK said:

Benitez would never come ina million years. He’s just been on 12 million a year! 

Course he wouldn't but if Venkys had any sense they'd throw a lot of money at a good manager, as the returns are huge.

Right now they are just throwing a lot of money at nothing with zero return.

• Like 1

How many times this season has Mowbray used the refrain 'That wasn't how we play'? Was that the third time he's said it?

Mowbray's masterstroke to play Gallagher at RB for 5 minutes. His last game at Celtic he put his most creative player at LB. 

Mowbray's blaming the players for him getting the game plan wrong. Mowbray used Nyambe as a scapegoat, like he used to use Raya. The man who claimed that he brings honesty, humility and integrity to a club. Saying it isn't humble, honest or showing any integrity.

Mowbray and waggott will tell our owners that it's only a small minority of fans venting after a defeat. it'll all blow over in a few days and anyhow, Mowbray's up for manager of the month, so his peers value what he's doing at our Club. He's worked wonders at the club )(yes, he's turned a good squad into a team you wouldn't want to put up against a Sunday pub league side). We're only 7 points off the playoffs (an almost replica of the previous two seasons - will Venkys see the pattern?) with a game in hand (high flying Swansea). They'll expect Venkys to lap it up. Why not? Venkys have in the past.

It's like Mowbray and Waggott are playing a shell game. Where is promotion, nobody knows?

Or a very bad case of the Emperor's New Clothes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You drove me mad with that line. Then I remembered it's from " Ally-Oop " by The Hollywood Argyles.

Can’t say I’ve ever heard of that song 😂 but David Bowie obviously took some inspiration from it! 

44 minutes ago, Butty said:

Can’t say I’ve ever heard of that song 😂 but David Bowie obviously took some inspiration from it! 

Just looked it up on youtube... In the photo of the band on there, I'll swear it's Nigel Farage at the back! Always wondered what he did before he became a professional twat.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Elvis Biro said:

Just looked it up on youtube... In the photo of the band on there, I'll swear it's Nigel Farage at the back! Always wondered what he did before he became a professional twat.

It was a put together studio band record. One of those novelty songs that came out now and again. I don't think " The Hollywood Argyles " ever really existed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Mowbray complaining of the cold?

Well a February night game at Barnsley may be a chill to far....

TBF though upstairs in the JW with an incoming freezing wind is just about the coldest I've ever been, anywhere

Once went on StJames park Newcastle when the were developing the ground.  One side was completely open to the elements from the North Sea.  Tried to move my feet at half time but shoes were frozen to the terrace.  Anywhere at Ewood is positively balmy by comparison.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Once went on StJames park Newcastle when the were developing the ground.  One side was completely open to the elements from the North Sea.  Tried to move my feet at half time but shoes were frozen to the terrace.  Anywhere at Ewood is positively balmy by comparison.

those open terraces at boundary park and roker park were pretty inhospitable🥶

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Had some chilly times at the top (and bottom) of the Blackburn End on occasion. A real wind trap.

42 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

those open terraces at boundary park and roker park were pretty inhospitable🥶

Night game at Oldham somewhere between Nov & Feb i think, announcer says 'Welcome to a pleasant evening at Boundary Park to our visitors supporters' - scoreboard said -1  and the grass bank at the back was covered in ice !

90 mins later it said 2 nil to Latics, plastic pitch, almost batton charged into the cages, no atmosphere, no pints.

Anything but a pleasant evening, i hate Oldham.

1 hour ago, 4000Holes said:

On the other hand I got badly sunburnt at Barnsley of all places on the open end one Easter back in the 80s.

The game was so shit I fell asleep in the sun!

The doors were locked for 10 mins or so after the game with us in seemingly so the home fans could chuck half-bricks at us.

Ahhhhh the good old days ......

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

A bit of a change of subject here...

Rovers were leading the Championship in goals scored; but in the past 9, Rovers have scored 8 goals. 

We’ve expected a leaky defence the whole time, but we’ve only allowed 8 goals in those same 9. 

Thoughts? 

We are dreadful

34 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

A bit of a change of subject here...

Rovers were leading the Championship in goals scored; but in the past 9, Rovers have scored 8 goals. 

We’ve expected a leaky defence the whole time, but we’ve only allowed 8 goals in those same 9. 

Thoughts? 

It took i think 36 mins the other night for one shot wide of target that's an issue. The few high scoring games early season have given a bit of a false picture on our actual goal scoring prowess. We are almost reliant on one man most of the time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It took i think 36 mins the other night for one shot wide of target that's an issue. The few high scoring games early season have given a bit of a false picture on our actual goal scoring prowess. We are almost reliant on one man most of the time.

Almost a third of all our goals scored came in just 3 games.

We have scored more than 1 goal just ONCE in the past 13 games.

We have only 1 regular scorer and hes a 1 in 7er

The money spent on Gallagher and Brereton would have been better given to any worthy charity. It would have been put to more good use.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Thanks, good explanation.

Here’s our goal-scorers the past 9:

Armstrong, 3;

Rothwell, 2;

Gallagher, Dack & Buckley, 1 each. 

13 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Almost a third of all our goals scored came in just 3 games.

We have scored more than 1 goal just ONCE in the past 13 games.

We have only 1 regular scorer and hes a 1 in 7er

The money spent on Gallagher and Brereton would have been better given to any worthy charity. It would have been put to more good use.

These are the things that get overlooked by a lot of those who go to great lengths to defend the manager.

Own half possession, alleged chances created and short passes completed seem to take the limelight from the stats.  I seriously think that having a Rhodes or similar in the side this season might well have seen us with another 3 or 4 points at this stage.

And by that i mean a proper striker over 5'5".

57 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

On the other hand I got badly sunburnt at Barnsley of all places on the open end one Easter back in the 80s.

The game was so shit I fell asleep in the sun!

The doors were locked for 10 mins or so after the game with us in seemingly so the home fans could chuck half-bricks at us.

Ahhhhh the good old days ......

I went to that game Easter Monday afternoon , lovely day , during the miners strike maybe it had just finished ,,,

Think it was 1984 0-0 if I remember rightly ..

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

These are the things that get overlooked by a lot of those who go to great lengths to defend the manager.

Own half possession, alleged chances created and short passes completed seem to take the limelight from the stats.  I seriously think that having a Rhodes or similar in the side this season might well have seen us with another 3 or 4 points at this stage.

And by that i mean a proper striker over 5'5".

And to supply our not tall striker we have the most talented player on the pitch coached to play dinked soft  in-swinging crosses into the area from only part way into the oppo half that rarely get past the first defender. Meat and drink to the defence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Waggy76 said:

I went to that game Easter Monday afternoon , lovely day , during the miners strike maybe it had just finished ,,,

Think it was 1984 0-0 if I remember rightly ..

Thats the one!

I had driven over from a Blackpool hol with the family. Took my 2 lads to the game.

The wife and very young daughter stayed in the car in the car park behind the away end, up a bit of a hill IIRC and got bothered by some local yob stalker until another car turned up and gave the yobs short measure. She wasn't too happy with me on our return to the car, along the lines of 'some f-ing holiday' .....

Had a great burger from a road side van on the drive back.