BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Friday 12th February Blackburn Rovers Vs Preston North End @ Ewood Park

On the set piece thing I do wonder if TMs motto is every little hinders. If it could give us an advantage, let's not use it. 

Players out of position, not using set pieces well, regularly changing formation and first 11. All guaranteed to hamper what is a talented squad. 

Remember the days under Big Sam when the opposition bricked it and we all got excited every time we got a corner. Remember under Hughes getting excited every time we got a free kick or corner too with MGP's deliveries. Even under TM with Mulgrew you got excited at set pieces (mainly free kicks) as well. How can he not see, especially having experienced it, how important these are? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Annoyingly this run of winnable games could have propelled us into the playoffs. However losses to PNE and QPR have seen us well and truly in the mire of mid-table and even a couple of wins won't make that much difference now at the final outcome. 

On a seperate note, and I may be overlooking a game, when was our last really good performance? Can't think of many since our early thrashings and the Preston away game. That speaks volumes to me. 

On your last point, Brentford away perhaps? Didn't get off to the best start but I was genuinely impressed at how we managed to walk away from that with something, especially when we've seen just what Brenford can do since. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GHR said:

On your last point, Brentford away perhaps? Didn't get off to the best start but I was genuinely impressed at how we managed to walk away from that with something, especially when we've seen just what Brenford can do since. 

Yes. That performance gave me real belief. Just look at the difference in form since then though. Shame as that was a great time to kick on. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Yes. That performance gave me real belief. Just look at the difference in form since then though. Shame as that was a great time to kick on. 

For me it was the same as after we beat Bristol City post-lockdown - I spent the next few days believing we were onto something then watched it gradually fade over the next month!

• Like 1

No average team and manager ever changed tack one summer then possession footballed their way into the play offs.

It just doesn't happen overnight like that you have to bite, kick. scratch and play your way to the top end. So naive to think they can turn Rovers into the Real of the English second tier using kids, loans and journeymen. Even worse when you waste the 12 million you get handed.

• Like 4