BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Friday 12th February Blackburn Rovers Vs Preston North End @ Ewood Park

6 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I’m pretty much certain we’ll end up playing with 3 at the back in order to accommodate the two loanees (Tony wouldn’t want to upset Pep or Carlo) and our undropable captain, leader, legend, Lenihan, wonder if we’ll do that tomorrow?

Nope!

54 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Pretty certain we will start  :

Kaminski

Nyambe.   Lenihan.   Branthwaite.  Douglas

Travis.   Davenport.   Rothwell

Elliott.     Dack.   Brereton 

Maybe could have Gallagher up front for Dack if Dack still isn't considered fit.

Is Armstrong out?

We'll be resting Elliot I think. Trav will sit, back 4 picks itself really.

Davenport and Rothwell could double up in midfield, Bradley head of 'the diamond' and Gallagher (?) and Arma front 2.

COYB!!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

edit: What a bench that would make too? Be afraid Nobbers, very afraid.

COYB!!!

Edited by darrenrover

7 hours ago, RV Blue said:

I’m pretty much certain we’ll end up playing with 3 at the back in order to accommodate the two loanees (Tony wouldn’t want to upset Pep or Carlo) and our undropable captain, leader, legend, Lenihan, wonder if we’ll do that tomorrow?

Of course he's undroppable, he's been our best player for a good couple of months now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Gallagher has had some success when he has played against Preston previously so may get the nod in front of Brereton. 

Midfield area is a concern with lack of anyone with creativity. Rothwell blows hot and cold and with Holtby out we are too reliant on Travis. Could we see Evans back? 

When is the next international break? Expect a run of a few matches before then.

9 hours ago, Butty said:

Is Armstrong out?

D'oh back to be bed for me.... Armstrong will start imo with Dack from the bench.

Kaminski

Elliott.     Armstrong.   Brereton 

1 hour ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Gallagher has had some success when he has played against Preston previously so may get the nod in front of Brereton. 

Midfield area is a concern with lack of anyone with creativity. Rothwell blows hot and cold and with Holtby out we are too reliant on Travis. Could we see Evans back? 

Preston must be the only team he's had success against. He'd never start over Brereton for mine.

43 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

D'oh back to be bed for me.... Armstrong will start imo with Dack from the bench.

Kaminski

Elliott.     Armstrong.   Brereton 

Yeh - possibly a bit of kidology by TM in the press around Dack. But with TM you never know.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We'll have to improve 100% on our recent form to get a win tonight. I'm not sure we can. We've too many players blowing hot and cold. 7/10 one week, 3/10 the next. I think Tony Mogadon had baffled them with science.

In the Championship 2021 - W3, D1, L1 - and we possibly played the better football in the game we lost 😳

IF we can keep it tight at the back (without wishing to tempt fate, we have looked far better recently) - we have the forward talent to nick the odd goal.

Also, the options from the bench are still good even with all the injuries.

You have to go after teams like this and get in their face otherwise they'll do it to us. Sit off, go sideways and backwards we'll see the usual poor goal conceded then come to life trying to get back in it after a load of subs and several formation changes. The blueprint is out there.

Doing the double over this lot would set us up nicely and maybe show we are improving. 

Marginally of course !

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, tomphil said:

You have to go after teams like this and get in their face otherwise they'll do it to us. Sit off, go sideways and backwards we'll see the usual poor goal conceded then come to life trying to get back in it after a load of subs and several formation changes. The blueprint is out there.

Doing the double over this lot would set us up nicely and maybe show we are improving. 

Marginally of course !

Win this - and we are looking at top 6 form in 2021 - W4, D1, L1. If we lose or draw we are falling back into mid table mediocrity. Really wouldn't like to say which way will go.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

In the Championship 2021 - W3, D1, L1 - and we possibly played the better football in the game we lost 😳

IF we can keep it tight at the back (without wishing to tempt fate, we have looked far better recently) - we have the forward talent to nick the odd goal.

Also, the options from the bench are still good even with all the injuries.

The recent results mask the fact we've being playing pretty poorly. We got very lucky at Boro, 99 out of a 100 refs would have given a pen and a red card. In the Luton game if the linesman had have blinked and missed that very narrow off side that game would have ended 1-1. I make that 5 points we probably wouldn't have got. Last time out we completely failed to overcome a deeply average QPR team who hadn't won at home for ages.

The options from the bench are good because we don't know what our best team is. Will we be subbing another four players on the 65 minute mark ?

Tonight, given the conditions, it'll be down to the team that wants to be out there the most.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Win this - and we are looking at top 6 form in 2021 - W4, D1, L1. If we lose or draw we are falling back into mid table mediocrity. Really wouldn't like to say which way will go.

I wouldn't like to say which way it will go but I have my suspicions! 😂

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The recent results mask the fact we've being playing pretty poorly. We got very lucky at Boro, 99 out of a 100 refs would have given a pen and a red card. In the Luton game if the linesman had have blinked and missed that very narrow off side that game would have ended 1-1. I make that 5 points we probably wouldn't have got. Last time out we completely failed to overcome a deeply average QPR team who hadn't won at home for ages.

The options from the bench are good because we don't know what our best team is. Will we be subbing another four players on the 65 minute mark ?

Tonight, given the conditions, it'll be down to the team that wants to be out there the most.

Agree we played poorly - with each match decided by fine margins. Prior to QPR they went our way - against QPR we were unlucky.

IMO this squad is good enough for top 6 inspite of TM - and TBH I couldn't give a monkeys if he has to change 5 players every match as long as we win.

Feeling very positive I think we will come away vicorius in a 4 or 5 goal thriller. 

Kaminski 

Nyambe 

Douglas 

Lenihan 

Branthwaite 

Travis 

Rothwell

Elliott 

Dack 

Brereton 

Armstrong 

Makes me sad that it was this game last season that I last stepped foot on Ewood to see my team play. What I would give to be attending a game home or away. A large cold stash of beer and a home win on sky sports will have to do. #rovers

1 hour ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

You're not taking the death spiral into account.

Whilst we were in good winning form, we lost our last game.

Since we returned to the Championship in 2018, 12 times we have lost a game after winning our previous game.

Then only once have we ever won the next game (WLW) 

This has goalless draw written all over it.

Edited by Hasta

11 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

One thing's for sure - we'll hear this from one of the commentator's tonight. Happens everytime we're on Sky:

"It's been very unlike a Tony Mowbray side for them to be playing like this".

Undoubtedly. They'll start by saying how good and exciting we are going forward, despite the fact we create very, very little these days

• Like 1