BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers, Wed 17th Feb

4 minutes ago, Carbz said:

Not sure if there is even any point changing the Manager until the end of the season now. We are that far behind we might as well give him till the end of the season.

To give the new manager a chance to evaluate the squad? To avoid wasting a transfer window by dithering for a month picking a replacement? Put us out of our misery? Put Mowbray out of his misery?

There’s no good reason to keep this going. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Carbz said:

Not sure if there is even any point changing the Manager until the end of the season now. We are that far behind we might as well give him till the end of the season.

What a strange stance. Surely giving a new manager a decent amount of time to assess our squad and head into the summer transfer window with a plan rather than scrambling around would be preferable.  

Surely he has to be under some serious pressure now

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

Or give a new manager the rest of this season with no pressure, to settle in and get to know the current squad of players? That sounds the better option to me. F**k giving Tony any more time in the job.

Yep. Souness learnt so about what was wrong with our squad in the 2 months at the end of the season when he took over it enabled him to know what was required in the summer.  The best time we could possibly change manager is in the next few weeks.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 8

Off to bed at 4.45 am

Didn't waste money and not on dodgy so didn't watch it but saw all the goals on SSN.

I suppose I can watch it on replay, I'll sleep on that.

''Gone in the morning, He'll be gone in the morning

Gone in the morning, He'll be gone in the morning

Gone in the morning, He'll be gone in the morning''

To the tune of ''Gone in the morning, He'll be gone in the morning''

• Like 2

Just now, GHR said:

I hear The Heat Is On playing at Oakwell. No chance at Rovers!

Tell you what, Mowbray is very lucky there are no fans there tonight. He’d have had an earful.

Everyone around him will be telling him what he wants to hear. He has built that kind of set up. Cross me or appear unhappy and you’ll follow others out of the door. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Nyambe has given Tony an ultimatum after being hooked and replaced by a striker in the last game. His man-management has and continues to be his poorest quality.

If your name is Armstrong you will get a free pass. He has stuck by him for years during dry spells and that consistency and faith has resulted in goals. How hard is it to keep some consistency in other key areas?

Our problem right now is that the guy in charge has very few ideas to begin with and now he has been found out by other managers he has no answer.

He has lost it and is dragging Rovers down with him.

• Like 5

There we are, 12th on the table.

it’s pointless defending mowbray anymore. He’s got his transfers & loaners playing, Travis, Dacky ( & Bennett HA), there can be no excuses.

Rovers aren’t going to be successful this year, or if he’s here 10 more years. I’m for a change. There’s some decent football men out of work right now. Surely, somebody would look at Rovers existing talent, and say, “i want that job”. 

• Like 3

Absolutely pitiful. Way worse than Preston imo. It's like he's deliberately trying to get sacked after the RB farce on Friday night and starting Bennett tonight then bringing Evans on when behind.

Bit of straw clutching:

1) Could be a great night if this signals his departure

2) If anyone in India has seen these last 2 live Sky games surely even Swag would be hard pressed to bull up his mate's alleged qualities and keep him in a job? (Preferably both)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Carbz said:

To do what totally destroy players, because thats whats happening right now.

5 minutes ago, neophox said:

I doesn't seem right but I hope we lose to bottom side Nottingham on Saturday as I think that could be the final straw. 

If only it were.

All eyes on Mowbray now. Man of integrity? We shall see.

Sadly, a win at the weekend and the 28 game counter will be reset.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Carbz said:

To do what? See if he can get us into the relegation zone???

So much for us trying to play a passing game. We've done nothing but hoof it for the past few games! Mowbray just makes it up as he goes along. What an awful team selection that was. Look at how many players have gone backwards these past 2 years. Mowbray, Venus, Waggott, the whole lot of them need to do one.