BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers, Wed 17th Feb

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dack starts if his performance warrant it and for me, he is miles away from his best. We need to winning games now if we going to make top 6 not playing Dack to gain his fitness. 

Elliott would play in the hole behind Armstrong cos I want Dolan pace in the team and him to force Their Barnsley wing back Styles back into the full back area as much as possible

Its not like we are carrying him in the mean time solely to use the games to get him fit, I thought he was from a very poor performance the most likely to do something on Friday night, the spin and pass for Armstrong first half was excellent, he scored v Birmingham, he was really good v Boro, its flashes at the moment but he will get there. Crucially, Dack has that proven track record whereby we know he is our best player, he scores and assists, much more than the alternatives, I dont suggest playing him out of pity.

The alternatives you have selected are not performing on a level above Dack. Brereton has reverted back to the clown like performances from last year, why does he play when "we need to be winning games now" but Dack is deemed unworthy? Dolan, its all raw flashes at the moment, I would potentially have him wide left, but same argument as Brereton. Even Elliott has really dipped lately, not aided by Mowbray's poor use of him although that is the case for quite a few including Dack.

As it is, youve cornered yourself repeatedly suggesting the sale of and dampening any optimism regarding the return of Dack for the last year.

Also, we need to win games to get the top 6? No chance sadly, not this season under this manager.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, rigger said:

JRC cannot play wing-back at this level. So the answer is : Don't play with wing backs. Play with fullbacks and wingers, but just use players who play those positions.

why not? 

He played it regular for the under 23's and if we were to play with 3 at the back and wing backs he would be ideally suited to the right wing back role. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why not? 

He played it regular for the under 23's and if we were to play with 3 at the back and wing backs he would be ideally suited to the right wing back role. 

There is a major difference between playing it at U23 and Championship. I would suggest he would be more suited to a right wing role

8 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

That makes no sense. 

You stated that you would have JRC in your general team. You also stated you would have Branthwaite and Douglas in the same team. When JRC is back playing Branthwaite and Douglas may not be available because they are on loan. It is all hypothetical or opinion, so I doubt we will agree.

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its not like we are carrying him in the mean time solely to use the games to get him fit, I thought he was from a very poor performance the most likely to do something on Friday night, the spin and pass for Armstrong first half was excellent, he scored v Birmingham, he was really good v Boro, its flashes at the moment but he will get there. Crucially, Dack has that proven track record whereby we know he is our best player, he scores and assists, much more than the alternatives, I dont suggest playing him out of pity.

The alternatives you have selected are not performing on a level above Dack. Brereton has reverted back to the clown like performances from last year, why does he play when "we need to be winning games now" but Dack is deemed unworthy? Dolan, its all raw flashes at the moment, I would potentially have him wide left, but same argument as Brereton. Even Elliott has really dipped lately, not aided by Mowbray's poor use of him although that is the case for quite a few including Dack.

As it is, youve cornered yourself repeatedly suggesting the sale of and dampening any optimism regarding the return of Dack for the last year.

Also, we need to win games to get the top 6? No chance sadly, not this season under this manager.

If we need to win games we should go 4-2-3-1 with Dack in his best position, not as a false 9. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its not like we are carrying him in the mean time solely to use the games to get him fit, I thought he was from a very poor performance the most likely to do something on Friday night, the spin and pass for Armstrong first half was excellent,

Personally I thought we carried him against Preston too much. Yes he needs game time but if he needs to be sub then he should be. 

Armstrong and Douglas were our best players on Friday and its was Armstrong who looked more likely to do something on Friday night. 

e scored v Birmingham, he was really good v Boro, its flashes at the moment but he will get there.

Both of the bench werent they? 

Crucially, Dack has that proven track record whereby we know he is our best player, he scores and assists, much more than the alternatives, I dont suggest playing him out of pity.

all Pre injury tho. 

Is he our best player now? I would suggest not. 

The alternatives you have selected are not performing on a level above Dack. Brereton has reverted back to the clown like performances from last year, why does he play when "we need to be winning games now"

Brereton is returning from injury himself and needs game time just like Dack. Pre injury he was performing very well with Armstrong

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dolan, its all raw flashes at the moment, I would potentially have him wide left

Dolan is right winger for us and his best performances have come from there. 

Even Elliott has really dipped lately,

His form has drop cos he is 17 years old and this is first taste of playing regular 1st team football at this level. Were your not expecting a dip in form at least? 

This is the reason I have dampen my optimism of Dack ever return the old Dack this season cos how serious his injury and not expecting much from him this season. 

40 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It's not often I agree with Chaddy but he's right regarding Dack. He's playing from memory at the moment. I wouldn't be starting him at Barnsley.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rigger said:

OK everyone has there own opinion. The problem is Mowbray thinks he is suited to the right back role.

I think he is against certain teams when we will have all the possession like Wycombe at all. 

But I'm not convince by Nyambe and I think we need a new right back this summer. We should have got Jack Hunt in when we the chance under Bowyer

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Personally I thought we carried him against Preston too much. Yes he needs game time but if he needs to be sub then he should be. 

Armstrong and Douglas were our best players on Friday and its was Armstrong who looked more likely to do something on Friday night. 

Both of the bench werent they? 

all Pre injury tho. 

Is he our best player now? I would suggest not. 

Brereton is returning from injury himself and needs game time just like Dack. Pre injury he was performing very well with Armstrong

Dolan is right winger for us and his best performances have come from there. 

His form has drop cos he is 17 years old and this is first taste of playing regular 1st team football at this level. Were your not expecting a dip in form at least? 

This is the reason I have dampen my optimism of Dack ever return the old Dack this season cos how serious his injury and not expecting much from him this season. 

Dack warrants more patience in that he was/is our best player, physically he looks totally fine since he returned, he just is yet to fully recapture his form which is impossible without a run of games. Brereton went from hopeless to ok, but hes not of the same standard as Dack anyway.

How did we carry him v Preston? He actually provided a spark at least once, whereas players like Rothwell and Gallagher were hopeless. Armstrong himself is not on top form. To suggest that the team carried Dack is nonsense.

Elliott is handicapped again by our managers illogical and inconsistent tactics, but yes I did expect a dip. Strangely, you seem to show much more courtesy to every player aside from Dack, our best player prior, in regards to dips in form. 

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's not often I agree with Chaddy but he's right regarding Dack. He's playing from memory at the moment. I wouldn't be starting him at Barnsley.

That is said as if he is underperforming compared to others. It is not as if any of Brereton, Gallagher, Rothwell, Dolan or even Elliott are performing to an extent whereby they warrant a start above Dack. Dack has a proven track record above all of those players therefore warrants more patience, although he is yet to start 2 games in a row since returning from injury anyway, where he has showed flashes of his old self including on Friday, looks physically fine and just needs games to get back into form. All bar Elliott maybe of the above have never displayed such consistency.

• Like 2

I think people are being overly harsh on Dack, he isn't at his best yet, but what is he supposed to do when the team is performing as it is. It's not like preinjury he dominated every single game, if he's played in his proper position he'll improve the team. 

As for carrying him against Preston, who on earth was doing that? The whole team was off it, not just Dack, none of them performed well enough to 'carry' him. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dack warrants more patience in that he was/is our best player, physically he looks totally fine since he returned,

more patience? we trying to win games. 

He was our best player pre injury but not currently

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How did we carry him v Preston? He actually provided a spark at least once, whereas players like Rothwell and Gallagher were hopeless. Armstrong himself is not on top form. To suggest that the team carried Dack is nonsense.

Its nonsense that you defend Dack at every opportunity and expecting him to the same player he was pre injury  Ease him back into games from the bench where his best performances have come from so far. Not from starting games. 

Watch the game back. Dack did nothing of much. Armstrong provided the spark and Douglas was our next best player after him. Dack should have been sub during that game and was kept on by Mowbray hoping he produce some pre injury Dack magic. He didnt

I really HOPE we can get Dack back to pre injury Dack levels but I aint expecting this to happen anytime this season. We invested in Dack by giving him a new contract. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

more patience? we trying to win games. 

He was our best player pre injury but not currently

Its nonsense that you defend Dack at every opportunity and expecting him to the same player he was pre injury  Ease him back into games from the bench where his best performances have come from so far. Not from starting games. 

Watch the game back. Dack did nothing of much. Armstrong provided the spark and Douglas was our next best player after him. Dack should have been sub during that game and was kept on by Mowbray hoping he produce some pre injury Dack magic. He didnt

I really HOPE we can get Dack back to pre injury Dack levels but I aint expecting this to happen anytime this season. We invested in Dack by giving him a new contract. 

Stop being so patronising, I watched the game once which was once too many. None of our attacking players covered themselves in glory, Armstrong who again I regularly defend solely because he gets so many goals was not a spark, good penalty and that one chance saved by Iversen aside, he wasnt really in the game. Dack's main contribution was a turn and through ball that none of our other players could have provided

I have never once said that I expect Dack now to be the exact same player. My main point is that he will NEVER return to his pre injury form without regular starts, physically he appears to be fine, and it is NOT carrying him to play him considering how ineffective most of the alternatives are, Brereton, Gallagher, Rothwell, Dolan, even an out of form Elliott. If we had a series of attacking players who regularly offered something, then I would be more inclined to agree. As it is, we are solely reliant on an increasingly isolated Armstrong to score a goal for us.

We are trying to win games yes, but we havent won nearly enough to get into play off contention, so how about persisting with our best player.

• Like 2

I can't see him starting Lenihan and Harwood-Bellis at the back in a 4 with Branthwaite around as he's always banging on about playing a "right footer and left footer together at centre half". To me that spells trouble for Nyambe and I can see the Citeh kid starting in his place at RB.

As for the game, I posted this in another thread but despite the knives being out, Mowbray death spirals don't stop at two matches. Oh no. So expect defeat here.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Stop being so patronising, 

Who patronising you? No one is so.stop with the amateur dramatics again

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dack's main contribution was a turn and through ball that none of our other players could have provided

Is that it? So base on that he keeps his place? What did he produced second half?.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My main point is that he will NEVER return to his pre injury form without regular starts

If he performances deserve him to and his starts dont. His best performances has been as a sub like Birmingham and Boro games. 

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Brereton, Gallagher, Rothwell, Dolan, even an out of form Elliott. If we had a series of attacking players who regularly offered something, then I would be more inclined to agree. 

Well Brereton was out injury for a period of time so should we persist with him like Dack to get his pre injury form back. Dolan hasnt started games when he should. Like he would start tomorrow night. 

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

so how about persisting with our best player.

Not this season..you basing all that on over 12 months ago. Pre his serious injury. Not basing it on this season performances 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who patronising you? No one is so.stop with the amateur dramatics again

Is that it? So base on that he keeps his place? What did he produced second half?.

If he performances deserve him to and his starts dont. His best performances has been as a sub like Birmingham and Boro games. 

Well Brereton was out injury for a period of time so should we persist with him like Dack to get his pre injury form back. Dolan hasnt started games when he should. Like he would start tomorrow night. 

Not this season..you basing all that on over 12 months ago. Pre his serious injury. Not basing it on this season performances 

My point that you seem to be unable to grasp is that neither in recent weeks or in general have the supporting cast performed to a level whereby Dack is a downgrade on any of them, even accepting his rustiness, so just agree to disagree.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My point that you seem to be unable to grasp is that neither in recent weeks or in general have the supporting cast performed to a level whereby Dack is a downgrade on any of them, even accepting his rustiness, so just agree to disagree.

Players like Rothwell for example hasn't constantly enough here apart from one period of games in his 1st season here. Wish it was different story for him. 

Has Dack performed well enough since he returned from his injury to warrant your comment of being our best player considering Armstrong's form since Dack got injured and Kaminski's form since he joined here. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Players like Rothwell for example hasn't constantly enough here apart from one period of games in his 1st season here. Wish it was different story for him. 

That has been the story with most our squad this season. Out of a squad of what 27-28 players the only ones that have performed consistently well this season have been Kaminski, Nyambe, Elliott and Armstrong.