BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers, Wed 17th Feb

3 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

There we are, 12th on the table.

it’s pointless defending mowbray anymore. He’s got his transfers & loaners playing, Travis, Dacky ( & Bennett HA), there can be no excuses.

Rovers aren’t going to be successful this year, or if he’s here 10 more years. I’m for a change. There’s some decent football men out of work right now. Surely, somebody would look at Rovers existing talent, and say, “i want that job”. 

Also we will still be a pretty attractive gig for many up and coming managers. An ok championship budget and a history of giving managers plenty of time. There will be plenty of takers....but will anyone actually dare show TM the door

• Like 2

Wow that was awful.

team selection was terrible

Kaminski 4 

handling was really poor tonight and was in too much of a rush to get moving, kicking was really poor.

Douglas 5

terrible passing no idea going forward

Branthwaite 4

never going to be a premier league player he is so reactive and his touch is poor. Looks really clumsy and scares me when he has the ball

Bennett 4

off the pace shouldn’t be starting

Lenihan 5

good in the it but why does he punt the ball 70 yards out of play every time. It’s painful to watch

Harwood-Belis 5

passing poor, looks lost and out of position 

Downing 4

painfully one footed and too slow to react. One season too many for him I feel.

Travis 5

not strong enough in the tackle to busy morning about everything and everyone else. Still not match fit

Dack 5

not the dack we know and love. Poor use of the ball and too few touches. I fear he’s won’t be the same player

Gallagher 6

should of done better with his effort bit. Had some good moments on the turn but final ball was poor.

Armstrong 5

nice finish but that’s all I can say that is positive 

Mowbray 0

no touch line presence all done by Venus. It’s embrassing

i really look forward to a match day but when I’m watching this team I hate it. Worst I’ve felt this season. Really poor

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SuperBrfc said:

So much for us trying to play a passing game. We've done nothing but hoof it for the past few games! Mowbray just makes it up as he goes along. What an awful team selection that was. Look at how many players have gone backwards these past 2 years. Mowbray, Venus, Waggott, the whole lot of them need to do one.

Our front 3 look like strangers. No support from midfield. What do we do in training? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Off to bed at 4.45 am

Didn't waste money and not on dodgy so didn't watch it but saw all the goals on SSN.

I suppose I can watch it on replay, I'll sleep on that.

''Gone in the morning, He'll be gone in the morning

Gone in the morning, He'll be gone in the morning

Gone in the morning, He'll be gone in the morning''

To the tune of ''Gone in the morning, He'll be gone in the morning''

Are you in Bangkok? Christ! I wish I was back there in Don Mueang with my wife's family..... Beats being here in freezing cold Sweden. 

Dont understand why people are torturing themselves thinking that he will walk or be sacked. Venkys dont care and I wouldnt leave if I was Mowbray. Talk about wanting to lose is crazy, it wont lead to anything.

Formation again different and didnt work, team selection wrong, subs both wrong and too late, again ended up with no midfield.

Individually, Gallagher I would compare to a donkey but that is unfair on donkeys. Travis was hopeless, the 2 kids weve plugged our defence with shaky, Lenihan fighting a losing battle but played well. Attack solely dependant on Armstrong scoring, he did but only 1. 

Absolutely pitiful, I think we are getting worse by the game. Just like Friday night a 2-1 defeat flattered us. After a first half where both sides looked terrible the Barnsley manager didn't hang about long before making changes and they worked a treat. Our clown on the other hand when he finally did decide to make some subs used the same formula that has repeatedly failed of just putting on attackers one after another with no balance or structure to it whatsoever. 

The defence was shocking a better side than Barnsley would have put 4 or 5 past us. Bellis and Branthwaite might be good prospects but they are kids with very little senior football to their name and we are asking them to help get this team into the top 6. Bellis' defending for the first goal really summed up our performance, static and no urgency. He stands of Morris and let's him get his shot away but it wasn't just him the whole team were lethargic, second to every ball and second best in the tackle.

We currently sit 12th and are only one point closer to the play offs than we are to the bottom 3. Unless action is taken soon with loans ending and players leaving then this time next year Tony's journey could well be taking us in a direction that none of us want.

Mowbray Out!

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, benhben said:

What a strange stance. Surely giving a new manager a decent amount of time to assess our squad and head into the summer transfer window with a plan rather than scrambling around would be preferable.  

Surely he has to be under some serious pressure now

Exactly.  Gave souness a few months to evaluate the squad and he shipped out all the deadwood in the summer and brought in winners

5 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Sorry lads, but hes not going anywhere. Do you even think Venkys watch the game? Waggot will just feed them shit

They must be watching or at least have someone watching for them. They have forked out money this season when most other clubs are penny pinching. 

Worrying thing is maybe this was the last roll off the dice and watch Kaminski, dack, arma and anyone else worth a few Bob being sold to the highest bidder in the summer. 

God only knows what goes on behind the scenes at ewood

• Like 2