BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers, Wed 17th Feb

Barnsley’s manager won’t have had anywhere near the backing that Mowbray has, and his team put us to shame.

You would never have believed they had played two tough away games in the last six days.

The lad who came on up front, Dike, showed the likes of Gallagher how a big, physical centre forward should play.

Overall, that was an abject surrender.

Mowbray has lost the dressing room and the supporters.

Time for a change.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Clearly Nyambe's agent has told the club he won't be signing a new deal. 

Nyambe wouldn't be the sort of person to have a bust-up so I'm pretty sure it's down to the contractual situation. 

But we have a year option on him.

Bennett is out of contract and the City lad is only a loan.

So makes no sense to leave nyambe out of spite 

On 15/02/2021 at 22:36, JPTSwindon said:

Enthusiasm, excitement... hope? It’s telling when I am needed to start the match thread!

With settled teams often the most successful, TM will be reaching for his selection lottery machine. Heaven knows what the starting XI will be. Tea-lady might be in with a shout for right back, if they haven’t been furloughed.

We tend to nick a result when it’s all doom and gloom, but I can’t see past a draw which TM will be brimming with pride over, despite the calamitous late equaliser.

My one hope is that Dolan gets a run, our young ‘stars’ need game time to kick on.

Presume the match will be on the red button, though iFollow gets the nod on quality.

Dismal.

The tea-lady probably is too good for the team.

10 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Did people notice we were late coming out at the start of the game, the ref apparently went looking for us. Barnsley commentary were suggesting maybe our players didn't fancy it. What followed suggested they were absolutely spot on. I wonder if a few players voiced opinions pre match? That's probably the most disjointed performance I can remember in some time. Either something happened or the players have just completely given up and have literally no idea what's expected of them, how they're supposed to be set up, who's playing where, basically fucking everything!

I do hope you are right. We need a players revolt to get things moving.

Mowbray Out.

Management and serial club coach failure Dunn has his say, when not being anywhere qualified to be playing project manager in construction wants us to get real. His nauseous rub up of venkys is uneasy for me as a legend of the club. remember when he tried selling them his 3mullion house when they took over I wonder how close he is to them?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Bingo. 

The body language from the players walking out onto the pitch was very poor apart from a couple of them. 

There's something afoot going on. 

I've never seen such a disinterested bunch of players as in the last 3 games.

They were just going through the motions tonight

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

Mowbray has lost the dressing room and the supporters.

Time for a change.

This is said week after week but nothing happens. And nothing will happen again. Groundhog Day just like lockdown.

Just now, Butty said:

"We are the team we are, with total respect to Blackburn Rovers, we haven’t been tearing it up in the Premier League for a long time." IT GETS WORSE!! How dare he insult the fans like that. F**k you Tony.

Finally some passion and understanding from our fans of our club dna. Stop settling for worse off. Your Exactly right lad

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Bingo. 

The body language from the players walking out onto the pitch was very poor apart from a couple of them. 

There's something afoot going on. 

Yeah a player coming back from long term injury and was utter shite before it was put directly into the line up at the expense of our best defender. No player would be happy but the chap getting the undeserving start 

2 minutes ago, Butty said:

"We are the team we are, with total respect to Blackburn Rovers, we haven’t been tearing it up in the Premier League for a long time." IT GETS WORSE!! How dare he insult the fans like that. F**k you Tony.

Wow, a lot of 'respect' for the club there.

Just reeks of dumbing down expectations to disguise his own shortcomings. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Butty said:

I hate the comparisons with Kean but Jesus wept that’s right up there with bullshit

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rock steady said:

Wow, a lot of 'respect' for the club there.

Just reeks of dumbing down expectations to disguise his own shortcomings. 

Where are we all this is a proud club, great heritage, we owe to Jack to continue it. Proud hard working class area. This comment isn’t an attack on the club but the area itself. 100GBP to any fan activities being organised you can be assured on the donation tonight 

"We’ll judge it at the end of the season. Focus now is to keep getting more points.

First and foremost we have to strive to get 70 points. 75 usually gets you in the play-offs.

We’ve got 17 games to go now so we’ll keep going."

"We only used it because we were playing Barnsley. We were just trying to nullify what they do.

Today we just tried to nullify them. I thought they put the gameplan into action very well but as you say, we fell down on basics."

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/barnsley-blackburn-rovers-mowbray-reaction-19858728