BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers, Wed 17th Feb

6 minutes ago, alcd said:

Only 11 points off the relegation places. More points required to stay up. Where are they coming from?

Please. I know we are performing way below our potential, but we are not going down. We have enough to worry about, without having to argue with relegation-merchants....

That doesn't mean I'm happy, I'm angry and frustrated at TM's impotence, but I guarantee you we will comfortably stay up.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Butty said:

"We are the team we are, with total respect to Blackburn Rovers, we haven’t been tearing it up in the Premier League for a long time." IT GETS WORSE!! How dare he insult the fans like that. F**k you Tony.

That’s just diabolical. Show’s how much of a connection to the club he has quoting us in the third person. He’s taking the piss and has done for a couple of years imo. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Our front 3 look like strangers. No support from midfield. What do we do in training? 

It makes no sense, especially when you consider we knocked it around ok earlier on this season. Imagine how peed off our more creative players like Dack, Elliott and Rothwell must be with this. Danny Graham said on a podcast recently that Mowbray and Venus have completely different views on style of play, tactics etc. I'm guessing Mowbray is for the tippy tappy stuff, whilst Venus prefers a more direct game. I wonder if Venus has taken charge, so to speak, over these last few games? He has certainly been more active on the touchline recently while Mowbray has sat uninterested in the background.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, garnersfags said:

Please. I know we are performing way below our potential, but we are not going down. We have enough to worry about, without having to argue with relegation-merchants....

That doesn't mean I'm happy, I'm angry and frustrated at TM's impotence, but I guarantee you we will comfortably stay up.....

We've just lost 3 games in a row, against teams below us at the start of play. We've struggled all season against better teams who are above us. The point most certainly stands, where are the points coming from!?!?!

• Like 1

And here it is, one of his excuses reference matches played: ‘with the players playing so many games in a short space of time.’

Barnsley played on Thursday and Sunday you bumbling fool. Surely Sharpe/Bayes whoever need to step in there?!

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 5

Just now, LDRover said:

With respect to Tony Mowbray, we are Blackburn Rovers and we have pulled you off the football sceapheap and given you 4 years that your previous management achievements barely deserved. Now that you are trying to drag the great name of this club down to your level while trying to take the high ground you need to walk. And now.

Well said.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I know you're fishing 🎣  BUT...

Think back to 2000, Souness came in with around 15 games to go when we had 0 to play for and we could have waited till the summer.

Those games gave him chance to evaluate the squad and see what he had and didn't have - Jansen, Duff, and Dunn were playing reserve football as the likes of Ward, Carsley, Østenstad, McAteer, Frandsen, Harkness, Grayson,  Broomes, Dailly and Fettis were all still getting game time.

That summer he signed Bjornebye Short, Curtis and Hignett. Then Mahon, Berg, Friedel, Bent and Berkovic. 

Sourness needed those months to fully realise how trash some of our team was, even though most fans would have said Carsley, Frandsen, McAteer and Broomes etc were "good enough".

Fast forward: We have 5 loans, Bennett, Williams, Pears, Evans, Johnson, Gallagher, Brereton, Downing and Buckley all getting games when most are not good enough. We have half a dozen out of contract too who need evaluated like Nyambe, Holtby, Rothwell and JRC.

We need a manager NOW to come in if we are to hit the ground running in 2021. Hughes, Howe, Pearson... don't care. 

Mowbray out. Now.

Thanks for taking the time to explain all that. Much more humane than the other replies I received who just jump at the chance to try and belittle someone from behind a keyboard for sharing their opinion. What your saying makes sense. My biggest concern is that people talk about getting Tony out. But no talk of who they would have in instead. Could be out the frying pan and into the fire with a Coyle-like appointment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carbz said:

Thanks for taking the time to explain all that. Much more humane than the other replies I received who just jump at the chance to try and belittle someone from behind a keyboard for sharing their opinion. What your saying makes sense. My biggest concern is that people talk about getting Tony out. But no talk of who they would have in instead. Could be out the frying pan and into the fire with a Coyle-like appointment.

It's looking like we have a Coyle-like appointment right now with the increasingly bizarre tactics and press interviews.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

And here it is, one of his excuses reference matches played: ‘with the players playing so many games in a short space of time.’

Barnsley played on Thursday and Sunday you bumbling fool. Surely Sharpe/Bayes whoever need to step in there?!

It looks like Sharpe and Bayes are as useless at their jobs as Mowbray is at his.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

Management and serial club coach failure Dunn has his say, when not being anywhere qualified to be playing project manager in construction wants us to get real. His nauseous rub up of venkys is uneasy for me as a legend of the club. remember when he tried selling them his 3mullion house when they took over I wonder how close he is to them?

Already after his next pay day after Fleetwood work out he's useless.

• Like 4

We're rapidly entering Steve Kean territory now. Mowbray spouts just as much bull. Who'd have thought, 10 years on, we'd be in more or less the same position (1 division, many millions, and thousands of fans down) with these cretins owning the club and unwilling to pot a useless manager. 

Edited by Roverall
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Today summed up by Mowbray shouting to Evans "youre on your own Corry." He repeatedly chases games with 1 central midfielder, at no point will that work.

I said exactly the same to my dad. 

I looked at the screen at one point & it was clear as day that we were playing 4-1-5!! 5 in a row just past the halfway line, Corry on his own, then a back 4!

Patience gone completely.  I'm absolutely fuming! Fuck off Mowbray you absolute brain dead tw4t! 😤🤬

3 minutes ago, Carbz said:

Theres a 21 page thread titled “Mowbrays Successor” on here. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

I’d settle at Paul cook.

dream would be Mark Hughes

think we will get Tony pulis

19 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

I’d settle at Paul cook.

dream would be Mark Hughes

think we will get Tony pulis

Is he from the HSH agency? I fear that’s the only place our next manager is coming from. Does anyone know what washed up old out of work has beens they currently have on their books? Just so we can be prepared.

Edited by RoverInverness
Tried to correct double quote.
  • Like 2