BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers, Wed 17th Feb

40 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Clearly Nyambe's agent has told the club he won't be signing a new deal. 

Nyambe wouldn't be the sort of person to have a bust-up so I'm pretty sure it's down to the contractual situation. 

Possibly. Or Nyambe has questioned why Gallagher was playing right back last game. Why wouldn't you. If he's said something strongly or weakly, Mowbray has often made scapegoats out of younger players. And he can bring a 'loyal solider' like Bennett back in. 

Could be contractual. Could be a very strong sign he has lost the dressing room.

25 minutes ago, toogs said:

That’s just diabolical. Show’s how much of a connection to the club he has quoting us in the third person. He’s taking the piss and has done for a couple of years imo. 

Same with Swag. They both clearly have zero affinity for the Club.

If Mowbray got the Middlesbrough job to.orrow he'd probably talk them up like they were the biggest side in the world

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Carbz said:

I like how you highlighted that part of the response but not the bit about people on here jumping at an opportunity to belittle someone from behind a keyboard. 

Are you TMs love child or something? Amazing how some fans have become content with the months of dire football and ridiculous statements from the manager.  Guess it's a sign of how far we've fallen. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Carbz said:

I like how you highlighted that part of the response but not the bit about people on here jumping at an opportunity to belittle someone from behind a keyboard. 

With respect, your suggestion that there was no point sacking Mowbray and we might as well just let him continue until the end of the season (despite presumably at the same time acknowledging he wasn't the man for the job) was an extremely bizarre one.

• Like 4

I wondered too tonight if he'd lost the dressing room.  I could be wrong (& very often am) but it looked to me like they'd been told to get the ball forward quickly & in a piss takey way were just hoofing it mindlessly at every opportunity.

If I'm right, good on em! We can't voice our opinions, but they can certainly show it & no-one gets you sacked faster than a group of unhappy players. (At a normal club anyway)

• Moderation Lead
10 minutes ago, Carbz said:

Very good. Hope you enjoy yourself on there.

Well, how about, instead of being confused about who people would replace Mowbray with, you have a look yourself?

Should help to alleviate your confusion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I wondered too tonight if he'd lost the dressing room.  I could be wrong (& very often am) but it looked to me like they'd been told to get the ball forward quickly & in a piss takey way were just hoofing it mindlessly at every opportunity.

If I'm right, good on em! We can't voice our opinions, but they can certainly show it & no-one gets you sacked faster than a group of unhappy players. (At a normal club anyway)

They reminded me of my rugby league team when the wages haven't appeared in their bank accounts.

I've seen other teams were you later find out the players had bot the hump with the manager. We just look like them. If that's not the case I wouldn't like to see us when we really aren't trying !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, superniko said:

What are you talking about? 
My point is Mowbray is saying we’re not premier league quality as if to justify these results but we’ve just lost to 3 teams who are mid-table Championship plodders at best. 

Mid table plodders? 

Just like we are then. So what are you on  about? 

46 minutes ago, bazza said:

This is said week after week but nothing happens. And nothing will happen again. Groundhog Day just like lockdown.

I think the tide has now irreversibly turned amongst the supporters, following that display and his post match comments.

He will linger on, because of the ineptitude of the owners and a puppet Chief Executive, but the clock is definitely ticking now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

With respect, your suggestion that there was no point sacking Mowbray and we might as well just let him continue until the end of the season (despite presumably at the same time acknowledging he wasn't the man for the job) was an extremely bizarre one.

Yeah on first sight I can see why you think that. I just think for what he has done for the club in terms of turning it around when we could have been in freefall, I think he deserves the finish the season with the squad he’s accumulated. Also, although it might be a slim chance, keeping him until the seasons end is probably the best chance we have at reaching top 6. If we don’t make top 6 again then I would say “ok thanks for all you’ve done for our club but you’ve taken thus club as far as it can go at your helm.”

2 minutes ago, Carbz said:

Yeah on first sight I can see why you think that. I just think for what he has done for the club in terms of turning it around when we could have been in freefall, I think he deserves the finish the season with the squad he’s accumulated. Also, although it might be a slim chance, keeping him until the seasons end is probably the best chance we have at reaching top 6. If we don’t make top 6 again then I would say “ok thanks for all you’ve done for our club but you’ve taken thus club as far as it can go at your helm.”

There's not a cat in Hell's chance that Mowbray will make top 6 this season.

• Like 3