BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers, Wed 17th Feb

2 minutes ago, LDRover said:

How about what we have done for him? He was set for the Chesterfield job before we came in from leftfield and appointed him. He's been living the dream ever since, dream's over now it's time to go.

Yeah your entitled to look at it from that viewpoint. I don’t personally but that’s the whole point of this message board. Having healthy discussions about the club. Be boring if everyone had the same opinions and fell in line to the ones who deem themselves to be superior and can’t accept any opinion than their own.

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I see Dack has liked Dunn’s comment on Twitter. Can’t wait to see all the ‘let’s put it right at the weekend’ rollocks we’re going to see over the next couple of days.

I can't see it this.

14 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I see Dack has liked Dunn’s comment on Twitter. Can’t wait to see all the ‘let’s put it right at the weekend’ rollocks we’re going to see over the next couple of days.

Dack isn't going to want Mowbray going anywhere. Dack like Mowbray lacks ambition if he had any he'd have moved on a few years ago. Mowbray's holiday camp attitude is ideal for Dack he can play a bit of football as well as be a Z list reality tv star, I couldn't imagine someone like Mark Hughes or Nigel Pearson being so accommodating. 

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, booth said:

"We’ll judge it at the end of the season. Focus now is to keep getting more points.

First and foremost we have to strive to get 70 points. 75 usually gets you in the play-offs.

We’ve got 17 games to go now so we’ll keep going."

"We only used it because we were playing Barnsley. We were just trying to nullify what they do.

Today we just tried to nullify them. I thought they put the gameplan into action very well but as you say, we fell down on basics."

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/barnsley-blackburn-rovers-mowbray-reaction-19858728

What happened to dominating the ball and letting the opponent feel the pressure...fucking wanker 

• Like 2

I readily admit that things look rather dismal. Not Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham, Derby, Notts Forest all big club dismal. But rather dismal. 

This whole thread is about Mowbray but the players have a role to play too. 

To be honest things have gone rather tits up since we tried to shoehorn Dack back into the system. The goals have come from Nyambe, Elliott, Armstrong combos. We have also had to shoehorn in an almost fit Travis. 

We were screaming to get Dack back in and he hasn’t pulled up trees. 

We have a good squad. I would give Dack a rest, bring Elliott back,  bin Bennett and give Davenport another shot. 

What we need is consistency and balance. We have neither. 

I wouldn’t ditch Mowbray yet. I know I am in the minority. We are two consecutive wins from feeling like Jack the Biscuit.

Two more defeats with an unbalanced team and you can add me to the drizzle cake boycott. 

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Isn't there a years option or roll on with Nyambie or something ?

Either way Mowbray has been trying to ease him out for 12 months now imo.

It's a strange one. There was never any mention of a year option for the club up until Christmas when it suddenly emerged as an apparent 'safety net' leaked to the press to try and calm concerned fans down. I'm not convinced it is actually an option for the club but if it is I suspect Mowbray is revving up for the sale of Nyambe this summer. By ostracizing him now it paves the way for a sale this summer. If he was happy playing every week then he wouldn't push for a move in the summer even if the club activated an extra year on his deal, whereas if the club do that but before then make his position almost intolerable, then any player or agent worth his salt would be actively looking to move on, which might suit Mowbray and others at the club very nicely.

For Nyambe to not feature in the squad tonight with him being the only RB at the club I'm afraid is sacking territory in itself. It is one thing throwing Bennett in after the absence he has had but to not even put Nyambe on the bench stinks of sinister goings on.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

I wasn't,  never rated him and got loads of pelters on here. 

We fell off before he started back properly, but Brereton should be ahead of him. A fit Brereton no matter what you think about his touch, etc brings a certain vitality and drive.  He takes 2 players out with his awkwardness. 

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It is one thing throwing Bennett in after the absence he has had but to not even put Nyambe on the bench stinks of sinister goings on.

Not to mention him changing our system completely to accommodate kids who aren't even ready for our 23s.  We should have had one more in the middle of midfield but you'd never have known it.

Utter shyte.

11 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I wasn't,  never rated him and got loads of pelters on here. 

We fell off before he started back properly, but Brereton should be ahead of him. A fit Brereton no matter what you think about his touch, etc brings a certain vitality and drive.  He takes 2 players out with his awkwardness. 

Dack has scored 43 goals for us, Brereton has 5. One is a proven player feeling his way back after a year out, the other is someone who has been ok at times this season, but laughable prior.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

I readily admit that things look rather dismal. Not Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham, Derby, Notts Forest all big club dismal. But rather dismal. 

To be honest things have gone rather tits up since we tried to shoehorn Dack back into the system. The goals have come from Nyambe, Elliott, Armstrong combos. We have also had to shoehorn in an almost fit Travis. 

We have a good squad. I would give Dack a rest, bring Elliott back,  bin Bennett and give Davenport another shot. 

I wouldn’t ditch Mowbray yet. I know I am in the minority. We are two consecutive wins from feeling like Jack the Biscuit.

Two more defeats with an unbalanced team and you can add me to the drizzle cake boycott. 

I’ve also defended him all along. I’m not going to try to talk you into anything, just look at our squad, those who have returned to fitness, and the wacky selection of the starting 11 after our two previous defeats. Omitting Nyambe was shocking; but starting Bennett, & subbing Evans, unfortunate. 

No doubt this team is underperforming, and have been huge underachievers about a year and a half. I don’t blame Mowbray for everything, but I can blame him for selection, formation, and his lack of passion. He just appears disinterested & sullen. Someone new might motivate our better players to perform better. 

• Like 1

Is this the style of play Mowbray thinks the Rovers should play percentage football what happened to the passing game he told us was his aim for the club this makes Burnley look like Manchester City he has lost his way and its time for new ideas and a change of Management.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I understand the fans frustrations but to start belittling Dunn and then dack is a step too far for me. 

I think it is more Dunn belittling the club than people belittling him. Although it's not the first time from him is it remember when he attacked the fans in order to stick up for Kean. 

46 minutes ago, Carbz said:

Yeah your entitled to look at it from that viewpoint. I don’t personally but that’s the whole point of this message board. Having healthy discussions about the club. Be boring if everyone had the same opinions and fell in line to the ones who deem themselves to be superior and can’t accept any opinion than their own.

Aren't you the one who refuses to accept anyone else's opinion but your own? You want Mowbray to stay til the end of the season. Mowbray's team is playing relegation football not playoff football. With Mowbray we are heading to League 1. Again. We're down to 12th.

There are plenty of name being bandied around on the Mowbray's Successor thread. You should check it out - not that is the fans job to select a new manager.

Let's look at the team Mowbray put out. The two loanees lack match experience and match fitness. Travis back from a long injury, lacking match fitness. Dack -back from a long injury. Bennett (not that he should be anywhere near the squad) lacking match fitness. 5/11 lacking match fitness is too much to overcome.

Downing -his presence was negated by playing the long ball to take advantage of their central defenders being slow. Not  to the 6' 5" striker but to the 5' 6" player. The only player capable of holding up the ball, Brereton,  took 87 mins to come on with Elliott a winger on after 76 mins.

Mowbray brought on Evans who also lacks match fitness.

I have no idea what the formation was. Mowbray's formationless football. Clueless football is what I'd call it.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I think it is more Dunn belittling the club than people belittling him. Although it's not the first time from him is it remember when he attacked the fans in order to stick up for Kean. 

A great playing rovers playing career can mean I forgive a lot. I imagine behind closed doors he maybe has a slightly different opinion, he probably feels he should toe the party line for the club.

mowbray doesn’t have a great playing career here so he gets no credit from me 

21 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Lost for words!

Absolutely diabolically pathetic!

Fuming just does not cut it!!!

Not been a good week has it, with the cricket and Rovers?  Far better to half a glass empty, then you're not as disappointed

52 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

It’s not only about the position in the table we havent looked right for months. I’m thinking Dack doesn’t fit our style of play. He’s performed his best play off a target striker that can hold the ball up. Being the playmaker in that space of a more direct team. With Armstrong firmly cemented into the central forward position Dack seems lost. Dack has admitted in the past he prefers Armstrong wide left, now we know why. 

Travis has not been the problem and our best performances, albeit against bottom sides, was with Johnson in that role and Rothwell/Holtby in front. Rothwell is much better central than wide but with Dack back he gets shoveled out left. 

Also Dolan gave us a dynamic option on the wing that SG simply doesn’t have. Why we went away that I’m not sure. 

bottom line is TM has tinkered to the point where no one except maybe Armstrong knows what they’re doing. The players deserve some blame but most of us have seen their abilities so we know the talent is there...it’s the team and man management that’s gone array. 

• Like 5

A mean we couldn’t even pass the ball tonight, it was so dreadful.

Evans?Bennett?Come on Tony, you can’t be serious. I thought yeah, you know experienced pros as the the 17th 18th man, nope straight back into the side, no questions. Couldn’t believe my eyes. Bennett was lucky tonight the ball was in the air most of the time. He did manage to be at fault for the first goal though by completely misjudging a high ball and getting caught out of position. He did okay apart from okay I suppose. Evans and Bennett for me need to play well in the reserves to get into the team . Not just thrown in ASAP, I watched them both in the under 23s in the last week and they where terrible 

Surely in training he will see Elliott is a better player than Dack right now, is he trying not to win?

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Not been a good week has it, with the cricket and Rovers?  Far better to half a glass empty, then you're not as disappointed

Bullshit!

Half full has always been (and always will be) my mantra.

It ensures you always strive to improve!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Edited by darrenrover