BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers, Wed 17th Feb

6 hours ago, Carbz said:

If your someone that just wants what’s best for the club with no sentiment then I understand why you would want the immediate change.

What? Doesn’t every rovers fan want what’s best for the club. No one man is bigger than the club. Absolutely no need for sentiment rovers gave him an opportunity off the managerial scrapheap after a decade of failures. He’s done his best but he’s failed in his own stated goals and we move on. Plus if you’re ever feeling sorry for the guy just remember rovers have made him a millionaire (if he wasn’t already).

We’ve also put him back in the shop window but at this point in his managerial career and the same pattern of managerial deficiencies elsewhere Blackburn Rovers is the best Mowbray will do. No one above Rovers is coming in for Mowbray ever. We know it and he knows it as well. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 5

52 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Take it the Journey-ometer is now back to year 1, game 1? As our famed ‘possession based game’ seems to have been replaced with ‘young centre halves hoof it forward’

How the hell should we know what he's trying to do? The players don't know, the fans don't know, the press don't know 🤣 Barnsley commentary said we were lining up 442 then went on to concede they actually didn't know how we were lining up! If you look at match reports from various sources that trend continues. Baffling, pathetic, shower of shite.

Edited by Ossydave
  • Like 3

I find the not a Premier League club for a long time comments wholly insulting. We should have never been a League One club but he likes to talk about the promotion out as a success and I'd never take that away from him. That promotion today is as relevant as when we were last in the Premier League.

The Premier League/Play offs this season wasn't out of our reach, regardless of being there previously or not, the league is at absolute best average. Injuries haven't helped, Travis and Brereton were both excellent before being injured and have come back ropey to be kind as well as Dack.

The team look clueless and completely out of fight, and that is firmly in the manager's remit.

• Like 3

Friday was complete shite. Bottom of the barrel shite. Worst ever.

Last night it wasn't even shite.

I would describe it as aimless & abject. Literally nothing happened for 90 minutes.

I suppose the players have got past the point of caring and are now in "why should we bother whilst this clown is here?" mode.

That is exactly how it feels to be a Rovers fan right now. They can all fuck off for me.

I wondered if any of the 2500 season ticket holders ripped their tickets up in discust and through it at the TV ? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

Aren't you the one who refuses to accept anyone else's opinion but your own? You want Mowbray to stay til the end of the season. Mowbray's team is playing relegation football not playoff football.

No you’ve either not seen or chosen to ignore my previous posts where I say things like I understand your viewpoint etc. So we’ve lost 3 in a row and are playing like crap. Yeah that is relegation form but we could hit good form again in the next game. Things can change quickly in football. I’m being optimistic but I want want to give him the the end of the season. If we are not in the top 6 at the end of the season I’m completely on board with a managerial change.

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolutely pitiful. Way worse than Preston imo. It's like he's deliberately trying to get sacked after the RB farce on Friday night and starting Bennett tonight then bringing Evans on when behind.

Bit of straw clutching:

1) Could be a great night if this signals his departure

2) If anyone in India has seen these last 2 live Sky games surely even Swag would be hard pressed to bull up his mate's alleged qualities and keep him in a job? (Preferably both)

Interesting point Rev.

If your job was to protect Mowbray and that question came through from India, what would the excuse be?

He has been backed in every transfer window and, unlike his predecessors, has never been forced to sell anyone. This is his team.

Ironically, the only players from the previous era are Bennett, who Mowbray has made captain, and ex loanee Gallagher, who Mowbray signed.

This surely is the reason Nyambe is being demonised. With him never looking like signing a new contract, and being picked and dropped for a long time (so as to accommodate Bennett), he makes a very useful scapegoat.

• Like 1

The thing with giving him till summer is that he wont achieve anything and then with loanees going back, potential transfer bids and those at the end of their contract, the squad gets ripped up. THIS squad is the best shot we've had at play offs since we had gestede and Rhodes knocking them in for fun and I fear if we give him till summer itll be another 5 years before we can aim for playoffs again. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

The thing with giving him till summer is that he wont achieve anything and then with loanees going back, potential transfer bids and those at the end of their contract, the squad gets ripped up. THIS squad is the best shot we've had at play offs since we had gestede and Rhodes knocking them in for fun and I fear if we give him till summer itll be another 5 years before we can aim for playoffs again. 

This point is the thing that annoys me most about Mowbray gobbing off! He surely must realise that fans faith is weighted massively in his favour due to who his bosses are, they've actually for once done their bit with backing him and it's a horror show! There will be way too much to do in summer from a standing start, start moving forward now.

19 minutes ago, Carbz said:

No you’ve either not seen or chosen to ignore my previous posts where I say things like I understand your viewpoint etc. So we’ve lost 3 in a row and are playing like crap. Yeah that is relegation form but we could hit good form again in the next game. Things can change quickly in football. I’m being optimistic but I want want to give him the the end of the season. If we are not in the top 6 at the end of the season I’m completely on board with a managerial change.

Let me save you the suspense. We won’t be in the top 6 at the end of this season.

If we brought in the right manager a couple of games ago, maybe even still, then we very well might.

This team needs a huge lift. They are playing like they have huge weights on their shoulders and no idea what they are meant to do.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Carbz said:

If we wait until the end of the season, we can write next season off as well.

There is no chance whatsoever we will finish in the top six.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
8 hours ago, Carbz said:

You don't have to agree with me (I’m certain you won’t), but I’ll always respect him from preventing the club from being in a way worse situation than it is now. That’s why I think he’s owed the remainder of the season. Can’t help but be grateful for what he’s done for us. If your someone that just wants what’s best for the club with no sentiment then I understand why you would want the immediate change. I’d prefer to be more respectful but that’s just me.

I’d prefer him to be more respectful than his comments last night, but that’s just me...

• Like 6

So much frustration on here. ....but, it is what it is 

We are a broken club...run by Indians, managed  by cowboys ....yet we are unable to express the heartbreak, disgust and embarrassment that we currently feel. 
...any chance of contacting India ? 
....any chance of Twitter to Pasha ? 
.....any chance of a written response from Waggott? 
.....any chance of Bayes or Sharpe really being the journalists  they are meant to be ? 
NONE .....these are dark days .....we are in limbo and Mowbray and his merry men know they are safe...but, when these dark Covid days end ..he will be charged as guilty.....Ewood will be empty...it will be a shell ....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Carbz said:

You are dismissive of the whole idea of dismissing Mowbray. You have a cavalier attitude to our losing three on the trot and, according to other posters, have not been playing well for a lot longer. You're quite content for us to be relegated, come the end of the season. You agree that we are playing relegation football, yet are unable to grasp that only a change of manger is capable of turning things around.

Mowbray's said he's aiming for 70 points, whereas 75 points is required, usually, for the playoffs. Mowbray has admitted the playoffs, which was the minimum acceptable standard at the beginning of the season, cannot be achieved under him. We will not end the season in the top 6, under Mowbray. We know that already, yet you're not on board with a change of manager, now.

1 minute ago, Dolly blue said:

So much frustration on here. ....but, it is what it is 

We are a broken club...run by Indians, managed  by cowboys ....yet we are unable to express the heartbreak, disgust and embarrassment that we currently feel. 
...any chance of contacting India ? 
....any chance of Twitter to Pasha ? 
.....any chance of a written response from Waggott? 
.....any chance of Bayes or Sharpe really being the journalists  they are meant to be ? 
NONE .....these are dark days .....we are in limbo and Mowbray and his merry men know they are safe...but, when these dark Covid days end ..he will be charged as guilty.....Ewood will be empty...it will be a shell ....

Not sure what you expect from Sharpe? He's clearly highlighting Mowbray's failings, he's just not screaming MOWBRAY OUT! He has to be balanced, unlike us lot on here. 

• Like 1

Bad succession planning if we don’t change things, a new ceo in the summer and his first job will be interviewing a new manager. Why wait do it now and give the new manager time to see the squad who he wants to keep etc. We’ve enough out of contract players which surly a new manager would want to see in action first.

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

It's a strange one. There was never any mention of a year option for the club up until Christmas when it suddenly emerged as an apparent 'safety net' leaked to the press to try and calm concerned fans down. I'm not convinced it is actually an option for the club but if it is I suspect Mowbray is revving up for the sale of Nyambe this summer. By ostracizing him now it paves the way for a sale this summer. If he was happy playing every week then he wouldn't push for a move in the summer even if the club activated an extra year on his deal, whereas if the club do that but before then make his position almost intolerable, then any player or agent worth his salt would be actively looking to move on, which might suit Mowbray and others at the club very nicely.

For Nyambe to not feature in the squad tonight with him being the only RB at the club I'm afraid is sacking territory in itself. It is one thing throwing Bennett in after the absence he has had but to not even put Nyambe on the bench stinks of sinister goings on.

My theory is he's another academy graduate who they think can easily be replaced. Probably by rotataing Benno, JRC and whatever multiposition loanee happens to be in the building next season. Gives Mowbray the flexibility and license to mix and match he craves.

Then it's a case oh look Madame another 3 million plus add/sell ons for a kid we've developed who cost us nowt. He wanted 50 grand a week now so we've cashed in and covered the academy costs for another year on the back of Raya last year.

See, we know what we are doing leave it to us the top 6 is on for next season !

Then it's a case of oh look

I feel so flat and annoyed that this season will not end in top 2 finish or playoff place. 

Yesterday performance wasn't good enough. But watching the game was dull and boring from start to finish. We didn't deserve anything from last night game. I like us playing 2 up front with Gallagher and Armstrong. Gallagher and Douglas was our best players. I did think the back 3 worked 1st half to a degree and I would like to maybe carry on playing it a couple of players changes. 

Armstrong took his goal well and Elliott's through ball was good. 

But the 2 goals were poor defending from not closing down or put a tackling in. 

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I wasn't,  never rated him and got loads of pelters on here. 

We fell off before he started back properly, but Brereton should be ahead of him. A fit Brereton no matter what you think about his touch, etc brings a certain vitality and drive.  He takes 2 players out with his awkwardness. 

That reminds me of a top American boxer who came over here to fight the British champion. He knocked our guy out in a couple of rounds. After the fight a journalist asked him what he thought of his opponent. The Yank said " I thought he was a really awkward opponent ". The reporter asked " What do you mean, you knocked him out in two rounds  ? "

The Yank replied " Well, when I knocked him out he fell over awkwardly ".