BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers, Wed 17th Feb

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

more patience? we trying to win games. 

He was our best player pre injury but not currently

Its nonsense that you defend Dack at every opportunity and expecting him to the same player he was pre injury  Ease him back into games from the bench where his best performances have come from so far. Not from starting games. 

Watch the game back. Dack did nothing of much. Armstrong provided the spark and Douglas was our next best player after him. Dack should have been sub during that game and was kept on by Mowbray hoping he produce some pre injury Dack magic. He didnt

I really HOPE we can get Dack back to pre injury Dack levels but I aint expecting this to happen anytime this season. We invested in Dack by giving him a new contract. 

None of the players are playing well at the moment. He puts Dack on the bench and the player that takes his place also will be being criticised post-match, guaranteed. It's strange having almost an entire team out of form at once. There's only one constant in all of this, the manager.

Perhaps if he played the likes of Gallagher, Dack, Rothwell, Elliott in their preferred positions it would be a step in the right direction and we could make a decent judgement about their fitness and form. As it is none of them look comfortable.

It's not gone unnoticed that players who are performing well are either being benched or playing out of position a couple of games later. The manager has to take some blame for out of form players.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Clutching you lad.

Not sure what you mean; I’m just trying to find a positive. But, 7 points from being in a playoff place appears to be too much for us at present. 

I would still be content with a win, for the time being, but I don’t think there’s any way this club can win three in a row, & hope Cardiff & Boro stand still on the table. 

Just trying to find a positive. 

Barnsley are playing far better football than we are. Therefore Barnsley should win at a canter. They deserved more than they got at Ewood earlier.

Having said that, football is a funny old game. Expect a 3-0 Rovers win. Mercer put your shirt on it. But don't blame me if you finish up naked.

• Like 3

We will win this one and probably quite easily, such is this mental Mowbray inconsistency ride we are on.

Switch to wingbacks for me, need a change:

—-HardwoodBellis-Lenihan-Jared——-

Nyambe———————————-Douglas

——————Travis—-Buckley———-

————————-Elliot——————-

——Gallagher———————Armstrong 

Back five picks itself, but I would consider Rothwell for the left wing back role, think he would do well there. Buckley starts after his contract signing. Would have Travis and Holtby as the holders in this when he is back. Elliott over Dack for me and Gallagher as route option with Arma.

Edited by Fraserkirky

The thing about picking our starting 11 is we’ve gotten so many players whose best position is the same...then we have other positions with no one suited for it.

Undoubtedly Rothwell, SG or BB will be out wide, but neither of them are naturally wide players. 

AA and Dack struggle to play centrally together. We have roughly 8 holding midfielders. 

Naymbe might be a better center back than wing back and Douglas probably a better winger than left back. 

it’s square pegs in round holes all over the pitch. Like a blind lad setting up the chess board. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, yankfan said:

The thing about picking our starting 11 is we’ve gotten so many players whose best position is the same...then we have other positions with no one suited for it.

Undoubtedly Rothwell, SG or BB will be out wide, but neither of them are naturally wide players. 

AA and Dack struggle to play centrally together. We have roughly 8 holding midfielders. 

Naymbe might be a better center back than wing back and Douglas probably a better winger than left back. 

it’s square pegs in round holes all over the pitch. Like a blind lad setting up the chess board. 

And our best center half is in goals

Not even going predict our starting 11 cos our manager doesnt believe in formation. Hes just pick players he likes, put them together on the pitch and let them create something.

Few things for sure.

Gallagher will play on the right wing (either starting or as a sub)

Nyambe will probably start but will get subbed off for the City guy.

Buckley will come on for the ineffective Rothwell.

Armstrong will miss alot of chances, may just nick one from pen.

Brereton will probably start, runs around aimlessly n get subs off, looking really shagged.

Tony will do his infamous triple-threat substitutions

Travis will get his weekly yellow card

Dack will have a few moment of brillance when he comes on, which no one on the same wavelength will anticipate. Fades away towards the end.

Kaminiski will make some great saves but may not be enough.

There wl be aimless long punts from Lenihan.

Tony will sit on his comfortable seat and tell the supporters why is there a need to stand at the touchlines when the players can hear him in an empty stadium.

Happy to be proved wrong.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

—-HardwoodBellis-Lenihan-Jared——-

Nyambe———————————-Douglas

This for me. Favour a back 4 being a real back 4 with the full backs staying where they belong not wandering about as quasi wingers but given that TM likes to see Nyambe and Douglas get forward let's stick them in a 3 at the back formation and let them do their stuff.

All set up for a great performance and win now, it usually happens when he knows the press and fans are asking serious questions.

This is why he should be under a bit more pressure to deliver what he's talked about for years.  It seems the only time that gets any urgency in response.

I've paid my £10 for my son and I to watch (again) .... not expecting anything more than another random shuffle of the squad with no apparent tactical reasoning. In the 2nd half of the Preston game we both said we  had absolutely no idea what system we were playing and who was supposed to be doing what, but then I don't think the players did either.

On a positive note, hopefully their pitch will be Ok and allow some passing football - the appalling state of Ewood has been a big factor in our season downturn after the good start - early season games at home, and in some away games, we were much more effective because of the better surfaces.

Anything other than a miserable loss will be a pleasant surprise.

Edited by TonyM

I have no idea what team will turn up tonight, what formation, just that they will be wearing Rovers kit!

Hopefully Lenihan won't be trying to act as if he is the only centre-half in the team, Branthwaite was very poor the last game but heaven knows why Lenihan wanted to go for balls he should have left to Branthwaite and drop off to cover space.  He reminded me of Hendry at the back-end of his time at Ewood when he chased 40:60 balls unsuccessfully. The senior partner doesn't take over the other guys role but gets ready to cover.

Rothwell may get another chance, I find him one of those players who manages to make me love and hate him, I won't abuse him but he can step from the sublime to the ridiculous in two touches of the ball.  He does have the ability to tear an opposition apart but equally capable of doing that to his own team with slack passes.

I can understand why Mowbray wants to play a possession game but the players need more quality and a better surface . 

Finally, can someone persuade the manager that Sam Gallagher is never going to shine in the tactical formation he chooses (even if he is 'not big on formations').  Gallagher either plays in a 2 up structure with Armstrong (then no place for Dack) or subs Armstrong.  He may not be the greatest player we've ever had but he needs a chance to play centre-forward now and again.

Anyway, as usual I will settle down with a large whisky and pray for something good to come tonight .........

• Like 1