SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Barnsley v Rovers, Wed 17th Feb

433 please 

Kaminski 

Nyambe Lenihan Harwood Douglas 

Travis Davenport Rothwell

Elliott Armstrong Dollen 

Dack is obviously not fit and playing him in a deep position is useless to me. Team needs energy to match this Barnsley team as there isn't really any quality difference at all.

Mowbray out

Edited by Tom Stinny

Last nights results were another death knell in our promotion bid. It looks like there's one place up for grabs - and Cardiff look like they're going to be the team that comes from nowhere to snatch it. 

Tough game tonight but I think we'll win it. Barnsley like to play out from the back and pass the ball around, that suits our style of play more than teams that sit back and play for second balls. 

8 minutes ago, Tom Stinny said:

433 please 

Kaminski 

Elliott Armstrong Dollen 

Dack is obviously not fit and playing him in a deep position is useless to me. Team needs energy to match this Barnsley team as there isn't really any quality difference at all.

Mowbray out

I wouldn't play a narrow forward three against a team set up to defend narrow. Play two wingers to try to make them defend in positions they are not used to. We can't play any worse than we have been doing.

Mowbray out.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Last nights results were another death knell in our promotion bid. It looks like there's one place up for grabs - and Cardiff look like they're going to be the team that comes from nowhere to snatch it. 

Tough game tonight but I think we'll win it. Barnsley like to play out from the back and pass the ball around, that suits our style of play more than teams that sit back and play for second balls. 

Cardiff showing what a change of manager can do! Mick Mccarthy getting more from the same players than Neil Harris.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

Sorry u lost me at 'style of play'

• Like 3

If they give us an early penalty and a man sent off to make it easier for us, no doubt we'll look like world beaters. Otherwise, hard to see how the shambles we saw against Preston can break down a well-organised Tykes side.

Maybe a tedious goalless draw with about two shots on goal all match would be a good bet considering their fatigue and our recent inability to carve out more than a couple of good chances per game.

Edited by TheRoversReturn

Be interesting to watch tonight's game.

I was thinking after Friday's shambles, whether or not Mowbray has "lost the dressing room" or if maybe some of the players are starting to lose faith in the way Mowbray wants the team to play (answers on a postcard to that)

Gallagher really didn't look happy when he trudged off after being subbed and Nyambe can't have been happy with being subbed off two games running and then hung out to dry by his manager. Also, although i didn't see it at the time, Sharpe mentioned that Arma was kicking off when we conceded the second goal.

Potentially a bit of disharmony creeping in amongst the players but tonight could be a good indicator of that. 

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 1

TK

THB    Lenihan  Branthwaite

Nyambe                                  Douglas

Travis  Downing

Dack                      Elliott

Armstrong

2 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Starting to worry me now.

At what point does our use of loan players signal a change in the overall aim of the club...i.e. to be a mere nursery school for the likes of City and Liverpool?

Not long after he arrived didn't Mowbray question the value of having a category a academy with rather having the money for the first team. The loaning of these young defenders with very little first team experience has to be seriously questioned. Inevitably they will make mistakes but not for our benefit whereas our own academy players would be learning to our benefit. These loans are not the same as when tosin arrived with a seasons worth experience with west brom at championship level.

• Like 3

Just now, Rogerb said:

Not long after he arrived didn't Mowbray question the value of having a category a academy with rather having the money for the first team. The loaning of these young defenders with very little first team experience has to be seriously questioned. Inevitably they will make mistakes but not for our benefit whereas our own academy players would be learning to our benefit. These loans are not the same as when tosin arrived with a seasons worth experience with west brom at championship level.

I thought everyone and his dog knew that you need a tough, experienced "owld arse" centre half-McNamee, Moran, Short etc.

Not long ago, even TM was talking about needing "men"....

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Inta Beaver said:

TK

THB    Lenihan  Branthwaite

Nyambe                                  Douglas

Travis  Downing

Dack                      Elliott

Armstrong

I wouldn't mind that side.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom Stinny said:

433 please 

Kaminski 

Elliott Armstrong Dollen 

Mowbray out

Travis, Davenport and Rothwell's best position is central midfield. Were that the team and formation, I'd make Rothwell a free player with license to roam all over the pitch. 

Playing 2 out and out wingers is fine, if that's what they do. Dack won't get match fit without minutes on the pitch. i see 4-2-3-1 as suiting Travis and Dack better than 4-3-3.

Mowbray's had Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday to drill the back four.