BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forest v Rovers Sat 20 Feb 3pm

I always hope for a Rovers win, alas, I’m not expecting one at Forest. As with our last three opponents, we could & should beat them. They are sitting 18th on the table, but I wouldn’t be a bit surprised to see them catch up to us in a couple of weeks. 

Things to get worse, before they get better, I’m afraid. 

Cant wait to see the 11 Mowbray throws out on the pitch... Moe, Larry & Curly could be announced as forwards, and I wouldn’t be surprised.

• Like 3

The shame of it is, at their age Lyle Taylor & Lewis Grabban probably couldn’t make our 11, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see either player get the game-winner. 

I’d like to see us get an early goal, scrap & hustle on defense, and see some energy going forward, in lieu of hoof ball and loads of backwards passes. 

2-1. 

7 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Embarassing.

Thanks for your insight, solid discussion.

I would take Rovers losing tomorrow all day if I was certain it would result in the end of Mowbray. Losing 3 on the bounce followed by a lucky win is no good to anyone. For the long term health of our football club we have to be back in the Premier League, it's the only way we'll be able to rid ourselves of the current owners. The best shot of being back in the Premier League is having a manager in place until the end of the season to assess the squad and what they need for next year. It's quite simple.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Displaced Rover said:

Thanks for your insight, solid discussion.

I would take Rovers losing tomorrow all day if I was certain it would result in the end of Mowbray. Losing 3 on the bounce followed by a lucky win is no good to anyone. For the long term health of our football club we have to be back in the Premier League, it's the only way we'll be able to rid ourselves of the current owners. The best shot of being back in the Premier League is having a manager in place until the end of the season to assess the squad and what they need for next year. It's quite simple.

Nothing to discuss. You made a statement that you want the Rovers to lose tomorrow. In my view, that's embarassing.

Losing one single game won't make or break Mowbray. How about we win tomorrow instead, and then sack him?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Nothing to discuss. You made a statement that you want the Rovers to lose tomorrow. In my view, that's embarassing.

Losing one single game won't make or break Mowbray. How about we win tomorrow instead, and then sack him?

Well there's fuck all chance of our owners ever sacking a manager on the back of a win.

Sometimes you need to be a little more pragmatic in search of long term success.

Anyway no point continuing to argue with someone who's contribution is one word in response to something they disagree with.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

When you posted Embarrassing, I was going to like the comment as it would indeed be embarrassing for us to lose 5-0. Still, we entertain Watford next Wednesday. Plenty of time for us to be embarrassed. Defeats 4 and 5 on the trot are coming.

5 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Well there's fuck all chance of our owners ever sacking a manager on the back of a win.

Sometimes you need to be a little more pragmatic in search of long term success.

Anyway no point continuing to argue with someone who's contribution is one word in response to something they disagree with.

Managers don't get sacked on the basis of one game. To think that is naive in the extreme. They generally get sacked because of results over a longer period of time.

I want Mowbray gone as much as the next man. But I'd like us to be in the best possible position for when the next man does comes in. Losing games doesn't give that.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Hard to care too much. A loss won’t see the end of Mowbray and a win won’t propel us to promotion but would strengthen his position.

Probably a draw with us salvaging it late on to cries of ‘this team are giving their all for the manager’

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Managers don't get sacked on the basis of one game. To think that is naive in the extreme. They generally get sacked because of results over a longer period of time.

I want Mowbray gone as much as the next man. But I'd like us to be in the best possible position for when the next man does comes in. Losing games doesn't give that.

I hope we keep losing until the pillock gets sacked, is that better?

• Like 5

Won't be watching sadly due to the manager. Didn't watch Wednesday's mess either. As a fan I'm perfectly happy to watch us lose games we are expected to lose. I'm not happy to watch players underperform with a passive manager on the sideline, like we have done since October.

We seem to have lost that ability to bounce back directly after a loss with an impressive effort. Not a good sign, it was something of a trademark of this squad. 

A dour 1 - 1   with the 56th different selection of the season. Then the 58/59/60th in the second half.

40 minutes ago, @roverseas said:

Forget about Barnsley, forget about the 3 game losing streak, forget about Nyambe contract situation... its all about Joe Lolley and getting one over Nottingham Forest after the last minute winner earlier in the season.  One game at a time.

Funnily enough, Joe has a bit of a soft spot for Rovers. He used to post often on the Rovers 606 pages and another Rovers forum (no longer active) with a bunch of us around 2008-10. He was a regular in the match day threads and used to cheer us on, even though he's a Villa fan. It didn't stop the rascal from diving or scoring a winner against us though!

Would love for us to sign him. He has lost his starting place at Forest. Has a cracking left foot and can play on either wing. Forest would want too much for him though.

As for the game, I think we are going to pull off a surprise win tomorrow. We always seem to do that when things look bleak and the fans aren't expecting anything.

I started watching Rovers seriously as they slowly declined into the third division (first time around), watching a team steadily plummet until Ken Furphy arrived to give some positive direction.  Like a lot of football fans I took a sort of perverse pleasure in knowing I was still supporting the Rovers when nearly everyone else had turned their back on them.  I watched from the Riverside as a painfully small crowd watched us drop.

At the moment it feels like I'm back at having to feel the anguish again, hoping against hope that the corner will be turned.

So I will watch the Forest game, I want our team to win (I don't think the outcome will see the end of TM either way) and show a bit of quality.

Managers come and go, I've seen a heck of a lot leave Ewood, always after they had arrived in a fanfare of 'this is where the change starts'.  Who knows who will arrive next?  The only positive is it won't be Steve Kean.

At least we have a team to follow, I have mates who are Bury.  

• Like 4

As I said on another thread I have no interest in this game until the two muppets running this club take their final pay cheque. And the chicken chokers can do one too. I want the club I started watching in 1963 back. None of these BS excuses from a seriously misrun club