BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forest v Rovers Sat 20 Feb 3pm

You can play all the passes in the world, and have the most touches in the box, and any other stat TM wants to throw our way to suggest we're making progress but the reality is you have to do the basics well, which we don't and never have done under TM, before you can make any genuine progress. 

The defensive shape is as bad now as it was on the first day he arrived. 

Edited by rovers11
  • Like 2

Just now, RTM08 said:

I really don't recall Gallagher being this bad when Coyle played him as a striker, I mean as far as that team was doing anyway. 

The fact that TM was allowed to throw £12m at two players who never play in their actual positions is mind-boggling - especially when we already have Elliot, Dolan, Rothwell, previously Chapman etc who he refuses/refused to utilise in those positions in favour of them.

He was paying center forward with crosses coming in. Now Mowbray expects him to be Ryan Giggs or David Beckham, skinning defenders and whipping balls into the box. Then again there would be nobody in the box, so ya, I'm not exactly sure what Mowbray expects. 

Genuine question, what does Mowbray expect Gallagher to be doing? Honestly , can anymore have a stab at telling me 

• Like 2

Just now, dallydally said:

Brereton and Gallagher are plodding donkeys

One bad shot and you put BB in the same bracket as the hopeless Gally?  Drivel.

1 minute ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Brereton doesnt really look like a footballer eh?

Yet he's been our best player today, so what does that say about the rest?

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He should be if he thinks this squad is top 6. He has been told about fans opinions in my opinion 

Mowbray has wrecked him by playing him wide for pass 18 months. 

He scores when he plays up front like Preston away, Stoke away, Luton away. 

Have we ever played 4-4-2 with AA and SG?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

The defensive shape is as bad now as it was on the first day he arrived. 

Throw in that we create 1-2 max clear cut chances per match and you can see why we’re struggling!

As I posted earlier, Forest have a 100% win record when going ahead - so this game is done and dusted.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

For all I’d like to be inside the ground making my feelings clear in a way I’m glad the fans aren’t allowed inside. There’d be a lot of booing, etc. It would then play in to Mowbray’s narrative anyone but him is to blame giving him the false excuse fans creating a negative atmosphere and some fans would lap it up (happened under kean). At least this way these failures are his own the fans are just bystanders to this car crash. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There's been a lot worse than that.

Raya, Nyambe, Brereton, Davenport, Chapman.

At least from Gallagher's point of view he does seem to start fairly regularly in an attempt to justify the expenditure.

Absolutely disagree. He is playing Gallagher in a position that has made him a laughing stock and destroyed his confidence. How in god's name did he handle some of those you mention worse? Raya, Chapman, Nyambe, Brereton? No way. He should have started Davenport sooner, but when he does, at least it's in his best position. 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He was paying center forward with crosses coming in. Now Mowbray expects him to be Ryan Giggs or David Beckham, skinning defenders and whipping balls into the box. Then again there would be nobody in the box, so ya, I'm not exactly sure what Mowbray expects. 

Genuine question, what does Mowbray expect Gallagher to be doing? Honestly , can anymore have a stab at telling me 

Collect a pay check? 

Performance getting steadily worse.

A couple of posters asked what going big on Forest means - have put a sizeable wad on Forest win, enough to get me a case of quality reds.

Cardiff look set for 5 wins on the trot and 17 points out of 21 since big Mick arrived.  Shows what a half decent manager can do - if we had one, IMO, we'd be top 6 comfortably.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He should be if he thinks this squad is top 6. He has been told about fans opinions in my opinion 

Mowbray has wrecked him by playing him wide for pass 18 months. 

He scores when he plays up front like Preston away, Stoke away, Luton away. 

Has someone hacked your account Chaddy?

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2