BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forest v Rovers Sat 20 Feb 3pm

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

He was paying center forward with crosses coming in. Now Mowbray expects him to be Ryan Giggs or David Beckham, skinning defenders and whipping balls into the box. Then again there would be nobody in the box, so ya, I'm not exactly sure what Mowbray expects. 

Genuine question, what does Mowbray expect Gallagher to be doing? Honestly , can anymore have a stab at telling me 

he`ll have watched some foreign game where the c/f pulled out wide and gave the full back problems,he puts his own version of it here,only problem is he`s a bad coach who can`t get it through to an average player what he wants,hence it does`nt work

1 minute ago, Miker said:

This feels like a winnable game despite being 1-0 down, but I know it's more likely to finish 2-0 given our current record.

Gally off at half time, get Rothwell or Dolan on.

The irony with that sub is we will then  start getting crosses into the box  with nobody big enough to win them.  

Such is the Mowbray way 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

Absolute shite served up again, not that the idiots on ifollow would give you that impression.

In attack we are again imbalanced and totally reliant on Armstrong, his movement and his magic which he nearly scored with. Gallagher on the wing again not working and even beyond that, he is technically bereft. Brereton crap too, 3 attempts which all barely reached. Elliott is not a central player.

Defensively the 2 kids are bombscares, especially Harwood Bellis. And easy to forget quite how bad Bell is until he plays, a terrible player.

Only 2 positives are Armstrong as mentioned and Davenport who will be dropped for the next game anyway.

• Like 2

Feel complete apathy towards this, to the extent of not watching!

That says a lot in lockdown when I've more or less watched all other football.

I know this is sacrilege, but I would be okay with us losing if (big if, I know) it meant Mowbray going. The season has gone to pot anyway.

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

According to a lad on Twitter it’s 2 first half goals in 14 matches. Throw in conceding first in 12 of the last 15 matches (not 16) and the stats are beyond damning of what an awful manager we have at the helm.

Please dont look at such stats. They do not reflect the truth.

We are second in the league in terms of possession. We are also one of the top scorers in the league. Also second top scorer in Armstrong.

• Like 2

On iFollow...

Forest have a half-time round up of the scores around the grounds while the Rovers commentary has...silence. Hardly groundbreaking stuff, but at least Forest are making an effort! As always, Rovers as a club just give off the feeling that they can't really be all that bothered. It's been the same for a decade now. 

Edited by TheRoversReturn
  • Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Nope.

Just wish he would play Gallagher upfront or on bench. 

His best performances come when he is up front. And goals aswell

Hes not a particularly good striker, dreadful technical footballer, ball bounces off him every time. But certainly not a winger as you say. Should be on the bench and sold as soon as possible.

• Like 1

Every single thing Gallagher did was rubbish, he’s a complete donkey. His first four involvements were passing to an opponent when under no pressure, swinging and missing a clear shot, cushioned header to no-one anywhere near, and passing straight out of play. Get him off.

Also noteworthy Nyambe’s crap header led directly to the goal.

It's clear to anyone that Gallagher being on the right doesn't work and Elliot is lost in the middle. It continually affects the flow of the team and it means we don't get that quality from Elliot where he flies down the wing and cuts in.

Two players made passengers because of a dosile idea and a stubborn manager.

Mowbray is an idiot.

• Like 1

Not watching this one...I got off at the last stop ...I didn’t fancy the rest of the journey......I couldn’t cope with images of Mowbray ..miserable, hunched, mute.....relying on your updates on here ....it’s less painful.....judging by your comments....bet Gallagher and Brererton wish they had got off too . Employers have a duty of care.....what Mowbray has done to these 2 is scandalous.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was always in reality Mercer. We just had different opinions. 

Surprise you didnt to my posts in the Mowbray thread and my shortlist in the Mowbray's successor. 

2 weeks ago you wanted to give the rest of the season and the "see"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Throw in that we create 1-2 max clear cut chances per match and you can see why we’re struggling!

As I posted earlier, Forest have a 100% win record when going ahead - so this game is done and dusted.

He’s completely out of his depth now that the ambition is to get promoted rather than just plod along in mid table. 

Hughton sets his teams up very well, builds from the back and gets them doing the basics right. Nothing exciting but it gets results in the long term. We can only dream of that. TM is trying to get us to play champagne football on quicksand. It’s bonkers. 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hes not a particularly good striker, dreadful technical footballer, ball bounces off him every time. But certainly not a winger as you say. Should be on the bench and sold as soon as possible.

Hes a striker by trade. He scores goals when he plays there. His best performances comes from that position like Bristol city away or Preston away last season. 

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Time up for mowbray? I’m glad you have gave some negative response towards mowbray. It’s a start 

I said on Thursday we need a new manager if we want promotion which I want. Plus discuss my shortlist in the appropriate threads.