BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forest v Rovers Sat 20 Feb 3pm

Hughton is a proper clued up astute manager at this level - everything Mowbray isn't - he will make gradual improvements, building from the back and improve a side year on year.

He's doing now what he did at Brighton in his first season - inherited an absolute shambles - he's not ripping up trees or blowing teams away but the signs are there - they are conceding less goals, becoming harder to beat and climbing the table slowly but surely. They won't win awards for nice football or nonsense like box incursions, expected goals or number of passes completed but they will achieve consistency.

Next season he'll have them challenging for the top 6, like he did at Brighton and Birmingham. They'll be really hard to beat. We'll still be lolloping around going nowhere and Mowbray will be able to bemoan the Forest spending, resources, quality etc.

Good managers continually progress clubs. Average managers reach a level and can't go any further.

I expect a narrow defeat but a reasonable performance insofar as we won't be outplayed or humiliated so Mowbray will fall back on excuses, mistakes, fine margins or the referee as the reason for another defeat.

By that point it will be 4 straight defeats so the pressure will be getting up to unavoidable levels even for the more deluded around, so expect a draw the following week v Watford and a narrow win v Coventry to keep the show on the road in typical fashion.

• Like 3

Be interesting to see what or who gets the blame for this one if we lose. Once you get round to the fans what's left afterwards ?

The barrel has been pretty much scraped by then, likes of Kean could take it further obviously but i expect better of Tony.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elvis Biro said:

I wish I knew what my first game was. All I can remember is being with my dad, sat on our next-door neighbour's shoulders at the back of the Blackburn End. Must have been 1960ish.

Reading this back I should point out that we weren't both sat on the neighbour's shoulders. Just me.

I was 11 at the time and whilst Dad was a Blackburn lad we lived a bus, boat and train ride away so only got over for rare hols, hence my first game was in a September school hols period. I'd been Rovers indoctrinated well before that though from Dad and the dailys which then carried proper football reporting. A Footy annual at Christmas too. No money but happy days.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Cant wait to see the 11 Mowbray throws out on the pitch... Moe, Larry & Curly could be announced as forwards, and I wouldn’t be surprised.

With Stan and Ollie in midfield?  Buster Keaton and Harold Lloyd in central defence.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Good managers continually progress clubs. Average managers reach a level and can't go any further.

The statement of the decade!!

Oh, by the way, a 0-0 draw

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

Hughton’s hex over Rovers to continue. Forest are packed full of players who do well against us, Lolley, Grabban and a certain Glen Murray who must be in double figures against us over the years. Ideal scenario: Rovers win, Mowbray is sacked. Reality: Rovers lose, Mowbray trundles on 

i was`nt aware glenn murray was at forest,he`s a proper centre forward ffs,i hope tony tells lenihan to take care of him because murray up against branthwaite or harwood bellis is like putting the fox in with the chickens,it`ll be a harsh lesson for either of those two🙄

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i was`nt aware glenn murray was at forest,he`s a proper centre forward ffs,i hope tony tells lenihan to take care of him because murray up against branthwaite or harwood bellis is like putting the fox in with the chickens,it`ll be a harsh lesson for either of those two🙄

Yep, signed on loan from Brighton in the window. I think he’s notched against us for Brighton, Palace and Reading. 

1 hour ago, Elvis Biro said:

I wish I knew what my first game was. All I can remember is being with my dad, sat on our next-door neighbour's shoulders at the back of the Blackburn End. Must have been 1960ish.

Reading this back I should point out that we weren't both sat on the neighbour's shoulders. Just me.

The Biro family off to watch the football

See the source image

• Like 2

Well I'll watch it purely on the basis I've decorated almost every room in my house the last few weeks, the gyms are shut and so are the pubs and it's looking set to piss down, so there's not a great deal else to do.

I notice Mowbray said several players are carrying 'knocks' after the Barnsley game. The old knocks chestnut you find happen a lot when players have no interest in playing for a manager.

Alas it gives him a perfect excuse to make 5 changes to the team.

Its set up perfectly for us to somehow rag a win. 1-0 rovers. 

• Like 1

I wonder if Nyambe will still be left out in the cold.

Just looked at the Forest squad. Not only have they got Lolley and Glen Murray but also another regular thorn in our side, Knockaert. One or two of these is bound to score.

2 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

If Mowbray starts Evans and Brereton that'll be 7 players who aren't match fit. That would be worse than the Barnsley game. It would be like Mowbray is deliberately going out of his way to sabotage us.

Trybull, Johnson, Holtby, JR-C, Ayala, Wharton, Williams all out. 

3 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Trybull, Johnson, Holtby, JR-C, Ayala, Wharton, Williams all out. 

Wharton's not in the 25 man squad we handed in to the EFL after the January window shut. Johnson and JRC are allegedly on their way back. Trybull,. Holtby and Williams are said to be long term injuries. Holtby is likely done with us and back in Germany with his missus - yeah I'm speculating.

Yeah, there are 7 who could start instead of those lacking match fitness.

1 hour ago, bazza said:

I wonder if Nyambe will still be left out in the cold.

Just looked at the Forest squad. Not only have they got Lolley and Glen Murray but also another regular thorn in our side, Knockaert. One or two of these is bound to score.

I was coming into this game thinking it be a chore to watch and didn’t expect much out of it.

Reading your post just made that feeling even worse.

Oh well, no idea on team selection, don’t even care, let’s see what happens

35 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Not saying want rovers to lose but for me it’s simple. 

Win and Mowbray stays - bad day. Lose and Mowbray goes - good day. Win and Mowbray goes - great day. 

Sad to say but the option you did not mention will be the most likely outcome.

Lose and Mowbray stays

13 hours ago, JHRover said:

Aye, and liars, cheats, asset-strippers and con-men employ GURNING DISINTERESTED PAST IT PATSIES to hide the fact that the real game is not on the pitch, but in getting rich by selling off the crown jewels.

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/34804-brockhall-stc-planning-permission-application/

If you haven't been on the Brockhall up for sale thread yet, go there now. It is a more important development than whether the Gurning Goon sets us up for a win or a loss today.

It really is - the heart and essence of Jack's Legacy and our club is at stake.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Aye, and liars, cheats, asset-strippers and con-men employ GURNING DISINTERESTED PAST IT PATSIES to hide the fact that the real game is not on the pitch, but in getting rich by selling off the crown jewels.

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/34804-brockhall-stc-planning-permission-application/

If you haven't been on the Brockhall up for sale thread yet, go there now. It is a more important development than whether the Gurning Goon sets us up for a win or a loss today.

It really is - the heart and essence of Jack's Legacy and our club is at stake.

If what I’ve just read in there about Venus and the Coventry training ground is true. Then come on forest give us a good old fashioned hammering

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mercer said:

What an awful start to the weekend with the news about Brockhall.

Think result of today's match is academic.

IMO, the sooner 'Maggott', Mowbray and Venus are out of our club the better.  IMO, they have done nothing for Rovers.  Think Mowbray has fooled many with his self purported man of integrity bullsh1t - I've never liked the bloke, didn't welcome his appointment in the first place and I certainly don't trust him.  Perhaps even the 'Happy Clappers' will have a change of heart now.  

Have I missed something? News about Brockhall?

I see TM has described Forest as "well-organised"! Another team we'll presumably struggle against then.

Exactly what he said about Barnsley.

Tony ---they're all well-organised except us and Wycombe. Stop deluding yourself! You're not fooling us.