BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forest v Rovers Sat 20 Feb 3pm

Played OK today

Certainly not as bad as previous games. But not good enough to win and I never at any stage felt like we were going to win or even nick as point to be honest. 

I'm ashamed to say i stopped watching after 80 mins and put the Millwall game on as a Millwall win would have won me near 700 in my acca. 

Managers live and die by their results and I believe TM should be allowed to see the season out and leave with decency. 

It's amazing how rovers can manage to ruin your weekend. 😭

• Like 1

Usually, “Wild Horses” couldn’t drag me away from watching my beloved Rovers. I also hoped that this love would “Not Fade Away”, but this is “The Last Time” I am going to visit this match thread this weekend. “I Can’t Get No Satisfaction” from watching this manager and his team any longer. I will “Miss You” all but if I don’t leave now, then I will be having my “19th Nervous Breakdown”.

Tonight, I’m going to Blackburn Mecca with my mates to see if I can pull a “Honky Tonk Woman” who may “Gimme Shelter” from this latest death spiral.

Oh…hang on; we are still in lockdown aren’t we?

So, it looks like a night in with a coffee, two teaspoons of “Brown Sugar” and maybe later on head over to the Music Association Thread to see if there is anyone posting Rolling Stones songs.

So for me anyhow….  “It’s All (R)Over Now”

Goodbye….. (“Ruby Tuesday”).

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

Usually, “Wild Horses” couldn’t drag me away from watching my beloved Rovers. I also hoped that this love would “Not Fade Away”, but this is “The Last Time” I am going to visit this match thread this weekend. “I Can’t Get No Satisfaction” from watching this manager and his team any longer. I will “Miss You” all but if I don’t leave now, then I will be having my “19th Nervous Breakdown”.

Tonight, I’m going to Blackburn Mecca with my mates to see if I can pull a “Honky Tonk Woman” who may “Gimme Shelter” from this latest death spiral.

So, it looks like a night in with a coffee, two teaspoons of “Brown Sugar” and maybe later on head over to the Music Association Thread to see if there is anyone posting Rolling Stones songs.

Don't be like that, remember  " You Can Make It If You Try ".  You're starting to sound like a " Mona ". Just because the " Little Red Rooster " chokers have caused you " Pain In My Heart " . We need the manager to realise he's " Out Of Time " and somebody needs to tell him " You Better Move On ".

I always preferred the early Stones stuff.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Played OK today

Certainly not as bad as previous games. But not good enough to win and I never at any stage felt like we were going to win or even nick as point to be honest. 

I'm ashamed to say i stopped watching after 80 mins and put the Millwall game on as a Millwall win would have won me near 700 in my acca. 

Managers live and die by their results and I believe TM should be allowed to see the season out and leave with decency. 

It's amazing how rovers can manage to ruin your weekend. 😭

Your mowbrays biggest fan though , he needs binned now 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Pennymeadowrover said:

Looks like there is only 6 more defeats or draws and he will walk haha  Found this from his time at Coventry 

Coventry City manager Tony Mowbray has resigned after 18 months in charge of the struggling League One club.

"The table doesn't lie," Mowbray, 52, told BBC Sport, following Wednesday's 2-2 home draw with AFC Wimbledon, which proved his final game in charge.

"It's embarrassing to go 10 games without a win. I'm an honourable guy.

I say do the honourable thing now Tony AND QUIT!!!

That would leave any caretaker just 10 games to get at least 10 points to avoid relegation. Probably doable if there are no more serious injuries -  but a big ask with the fitness record of this squad.

20 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

@Stonesrick, Why did you "Start Me Up''?  "It's All Doom & Gloom" but as you say, "Wild Horses" wouldn't keep us away. We've no "Sympathy For The Devil" but "Baby, Please Don't Go". We're "Waiting on a Friend" to be appointed by "Far Away Eyes":

MARK HUGHES' BLUE AND WHITE ARMY!!!

• Like 2

• Backroom
57 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Hasn't he already taken us on a 10 game winless run?

9 losses from 11 back in the 18/19 season, with a draw in the 5th game and a win in the 8th game. A horrific run nonetheless which ruined that season entirely. Notched 4 wins in a row once the pressure was off though, unsurprisingly.

I've never really felt serious resentment towards Mowbray despite his obvious limitations as a manager, but his recent comments are turning me against him and I imagine if fans were at the ground there would be a turning of the tide at this point. He comes out with excuse after excuse, and his attempt to blame the fans for Nyambe's injury is disgraceful. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Any other team lost four in a row? The Premier League champions. Not lost that many in a row since the 1920s. At least we are in good company. 🥴

Not sure if someone else has posted this yet, but we actually lost 4 in a row in 2019 under Mowbray. Brentford, Bristol, Reading, Boro. Then we drew, Brum. Then we lost two more (Rotherham, Preston). Then we won! Then we lost three more.

I know he survived it last time, but surely to god a similar run now would see him gone? Right? Right?

• Like 1

The Coventry thing also shows Waggott has form for not firing TM during horrendous runs, once with them, once with us (I mean more than once with us kinda, but like really HORRENDOUS runs that no other manager on Earth would usually survive). Tony had to walk at Coventry, may get to the same point here.

33 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Your mowbrays biggest fan though , he needs binned now 

Wouldn't say I'm his biggest fan. But I appreciate what he done for my club in its darkest times. 

I still respect him, but something isn't right at the moment. I think he's lost the dressing room and when that happens change is needed. 

But god knows who the loons from pune would appoint if he goes and we could find ourselves in a worse position 

Ashamed to say i didn't even watch it today and to be quite honest showed a limited interest in keeping tabs on the score.

Even in the Kean era I didn't feel this way. At least we had the social aspect of seeing our pals then and shouting abuse at that nob.

I don't know who we play next, nor do I particularly care. 

• Like 8

Mowbray has said we should judge him after the season. The goal for this season were reaching the play offs. Other than that Is a failure. So assume he won't be off until the season ends. Parting company by mutual agreement. 

We can only hope he walks. The sooner the better. 

Edited by neophox
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I think Watford will beat us but we will get something from Coventry. Still useless and needs gone ASAP tho. 

Not so sure we would get anything from Coventry. They're out for revenge and did beat promotion chasers Brentford 2-0 today. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Thats what the old 'Birdie' (the nutter, not the current one) used to do: he used to take potshots at folk out of his upstairs bedroom window on Nuttall Street.

Wonder whatever happened to him? He was a real head case!

Stuart Baird died a while back.

Another woeful afternoon. If that was 'more like it' in Mowbray's eyes I dread to think what 'it' could be.

Once again unable to recover from going behind. Sign of a manager with no idea how to turn a game and a side without the know how or fight to do it.

Reliant on another penalty and a moment of magic from Armstrong with his strike to go nearest to scoring. From open play we offered next to nothing.

In Mowbray world we are 'on a journey' and looking forward to a bright new era with a new training ground.

In the real world we are underachieving, sliding down the table whilst flogging off the assets.

I expect a narrow win from either Watford or Coventry just to keep the serious heat off his back.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Thats what the old 'Birdie' (the nutter, not the current one) used to do: he used to take potshots at folk out of his upstairs bedroom window on Nuttall Street.

Wonder whatever happened to him? He was a real head case!

Aye, the guy was a nut bag. He was one of my dads acquaintances from the Ewood club.....racist outbursts a plenty.

Deserved a draw today that would have been fair enough against another similar side who should be doing better.  They'll out perform us next season if Hughton gets a bit of backing iv'e no doubt.

Sadly it was another predictable loss, 4 on the bounce and season practically gone in terms of target set in public.

Owners do your thing, now is the time and you never know get rid and it might seem like a weight has lifted off some of these players. Plenty points still to play for.

• Like 1

Our current form is relegation standard. Even during January -we were just  lucky enough to play some other teams playing badly.  Since history has a habit of repeating itself, I thought this comparison was interesting:

Hull 19/20    Rovers 20/21

Played             Points     Points

1                        0             0

5                       4             7

10                     13            11

15                     22            24

20                    29            28

25                    36            36

26                    39            39

27                    39            39

28                    39            39

29                    39            39