BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forest v Rovers Sat 20 Feb 3pm

2 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Our current form is relegation standard. Even during January -we were just  lucky enough to play some other teams playing badly.  Since history has a habit of repeating itself, I thought this comparison was interesting:

Hull 19/20    Rovers 20/21

Played             Points     Points

1                        0             0

5                       4             7

10                     13            11

15                     22            24

20                    29            28

25                    36            36

26                    39            39

27                    39            39

28                    39            39

29                    39            39

30                    39            39

That's spot on.  Normally on any given day during the last 3 seasons we have won as many as we lose.....today the table sta d that we have lost 2 more than we have won.  It's a worrying sign considering a couple of tough games on the horizon.

Looks like Mowbray will leave us exactly where he found us.....with a bit of luck

Two big concerns for me are Dack and Travis.

Many were saying 'just wait until we can throw Dack and Trav in the mix'.

IMO, Dack is really struggling.  Will he really be the same force again?  Was it wise to give him a lucrative new two and a half / three and a half year contract before Christmas?

Travis hasn't recaptured his form and to me looks 'leggy' and lethargic.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMO, Dack is really struggling.  Will he really be the same force again?  Was it wise to give him a lucrative new two and a half / three and a half year contract before Christmas?

Dack has got a long way to go before he gets back to his best. But it was absolutely the rite decision to tie him down to a contract. 

Travis. His injury wasn't as severe. He's one of the players in thinking has lost faith in the gaffer. He's playing like he dosnt care or dosnt want to be associated with the current set up. 

• Like 3

What are we gonna hear before Watford?injuries, excuses, blah, blah, blah. 

Tony, we were crap before losing Gally & Nyambe, and the 7 who missed the Forest game weren’t that great either (JR-C & Holtby might’ve been useful). 

I love the team, & look forward to each & every game, but it’s hard looking forward to games, knowing your team not only won’t win, but has very slim hopes of even getting a point. I’m bummed thinking about the near future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Dack has not shown any signs that he has not recovered physically fron the injury, he may not have regained his form (apart from glimpses) but he has mainly been on the bench, in a struggling team and often out of position, once as a false 9 and mainly far too deep.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dack has not shown any signs that he has not recovered physically fron the injury, he may not have regained his form (apart from glimpses) but he has mainly been on the bench, in a struggling team and often out of position, once as a false 9 and mainly far too deep.

Although he was never the quickest, I think he does look a little slower and fades more easily. Unclear yet on whether that's just not being match sharp again yet or if this is as good as he is gonna get physically now.

Edited by bluebruce

Do people get the idea that TM even gives that much of a shit any longer? It's all tired excuses, repetitive blah-de-blah in interviews, no real new ideas...just Gally on the wing and others played out of position. The defence is the same shitshow it's always been under him.

Sack him, pay off his contract, he will be given another job at some stage at this level as he can point to steadying the ship, blaming relegation on Coyle, winning promotion, establishing us as championship side again, add in some crap about box incursions and possession percentages and bingo. Seems like putting him (and us) out of his misery would be welcome all round. 

As for the match, Arma was again head and shoulders above the rest of the side. His movement, pace and attacking threat mean we're something of a one-man team. He's too good to play for a side managed by Mowbray. Expect him to be sold to a mid-ranking prem side in the summer and for us then to find out there's a massive 50% percentage clause or something ridiculous meaning we don't get that much in the end.

With Elliot going back to Liverpool, that'd be what...60% of our goal scorers gone and our top two assist creators to boot. Ben and Gally better step up to the plate then!

We need a change, the players need a change, even Tony needs a change. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Do people get the idea that TM even gives that much of a shit any longer? It's all tired excuses, repetitive blah-de-blah in interviews, no real new ideas...just Gally on the wing and others played out of position. The defence is the same shitshow it's always been under him.

Sack him, pay off his contract, he will be given another job at some stage at this level as he can point to steadying the ship, blaming relegation on Coyle, winning promotion, establishing us as championship side again, add in some crap about box incursions and possession percentages and bingo. Seems like putting him (and us) out of his misery would be welcome all round. 

As for the match, Arma was again head and shoulders above the rest of the side. His movement, pace and attacking threat mean we're something of a one-man team. He's too good to play for a side managed by Mowbray. Expect him to be sold to a mid-ranking prem side in the summer and for us then to find out there's a massive 50% percentage clause or something ridiculous meaning we don't get that much in the end.

With Elliot going back to Liverpool, that'd be what...60% of our goal scorers gone and our top two assist creators to boot. Ben and Gally better step up to the plate then!

We need a change, the players need a change, even Tony needs a change. 

No he doesn’t give a shit, but he’s not going to walk away. He wants paying off, I honestly don’t think our owners are engaged enough or care about the club enough to pot him and try and salvage something from this shit show of a season, Waggott is our CEO and he’s Tonys pal, he won’t let his mate just walk away. It’s all shit and I’m glad I didn’t pay for the game today like I’ve done every other week this season, I got my brother round and had a few beers with him and his Mrs and my other half and I didn’t even think about the game once, just checked the score at full time and I wasn’t surprised. We’re close to getting into the realms of toxicity of the Kean era and I don’t want that, but if that’s what it takes for our owners to acknowledge us instead of just signing cheques then I’ll happily turn up at brockhall for the full duration of the next few weeks with a banner, I’m on furlough so I’ve nothing else to do. Fuck Tony, fuck Waggott, fuck the Venkys. I’m done with all of them. 

• Like 3

So .... Mowbary and staff have been worried about Nyambe all week and then under perceived pressure from Fans and Media play him against Forest for the full match, well until his hammy went in about the 90th minute.

If fault for this injury is to be apportioned it can only be laid fully at Mowbrays door, if concerned why not sub him a bit earlier?? Obvious question to ask Tea-Leaf.

I have just re-watched the 2nd half specifically to follow Dack. He was much better than some are saying and can still do a proper pass. Played far to deep but at least this will have put a lot of mileage into his legs, he certainly gave it a go. He is lacking match sharpness but that will come and he was never the fastest anyway.

Of more concern is Travis. Bloody awful game from him and he's become a serial clogger without actually nailing anybody. Like he should have sorted Garner out for one.

The 2 Cub-Scouts at CB were quite ok and will have decent careers at Championship level, maybe even at PL.

Elliott is a beautiful footballer, by miles the best playing for us but a loan, same as the CBs.

Armstrong had a very good game and decent penalty kick saved well by a keeper who moved very early and well before the ball was kicked and who should have been sent off for the assault on Nyambe.

If such force and disregard for a players welfare had been shown in a tackle anywhere else on he pitch it would have been a straight red. What is so special about keepers and the penalty area? (Pickford on Van D being the prime example I can think of)

We could have got a draw and Forest could, maybe should, have scored 4.

I am not going to have a go at our strikers. We only have one and that's Armstrong. Performance and stats can take care of the others without me labouring the point.

If Armstrong does go we have absolutely no player at Ewood who can step up and fill his goal scoring. That is appalling management of a squad.

Why can't Bell get a decent cross in? I don't think he looks where to put the ball, just hit and hope theory, but he is truly awful at it.

Mowbrays erratic comments over the past few weeks are worrying. Did he head the ball too much in his clogger style playing career.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

I haven't read this whole thread and I'm sure it will have been mentioned but in a strange season I found something I saw bizarre. Lowe called Nyambe over and appeared to read something to him from a scrap if paper which was strange enough but then Nyambe called a few players together, spoke to them and showed them the note. All of this was during a break in play whilst Mowbray and Venus were playing statues. 

I'd love to know what was written on that piece of paper.

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'd love to know what was written on that piece of paper.

I have it from a very good source that it  was the chippy order for on the way home, as those that had ordered steak puds were out of luck as they had sold out and had to order something else ..

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, den9112 said:

I have it from a very good source that it  was the chippy order for on the way home, as those that had ordered steak puds were out of luck as they had sold out and had to order something else ..

I was secretly hoping it was the resignation note of Mowbray and his staff.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Did he refuse an audio interview after the game? Haven’t seen a post match video / audio yet?

other than the official one. Which he can mood himself.

BBC radio Lancashire arent live inside away stadium outside Lancashire due to the current restrictions 

• Like 1

Another disheartening but all too predictable display. For what it’s worth, I find it all the more frustrating for the following two reasons: firstly, we’re not conceding bucket loads of goals...all our recent defeats have been 2-1s and 1-0s...this implies that we are not a million miles off being a side capable of winning more regularly , secondly, we seem perfectly capable of getting into the opponents final third but then things routinely break down. How many times did this happen yesterday and across recent games? The problem for me lies in the formation. Call me a dinosaur but it’s crying out for a good old fashioned 4-4-2. When the ball breaks to those arriving on the edge of the area then usually nothing happens (see Travis yesterday). Get another striker up there with Arma and see what happens. Give McBride a go if needs be. If Elliot was playing for Watford or Norwich he’d have about 30 assists by now...so frustrating. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

Travis looks heavy

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Although he was never the quickest, I think he does look a little slower and fades more easily. Unclear yet on whether that's just not being match sharp again yet or if this is as good as he is gonna get physically now.

I got criticised for saying it but I thought the way Dack signed a new contract so easily told me he knew that getting back to where he was previously wasn't going to happen any time soon.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Dack has got a long way to go before he gets back to his best. But it was absolutely the rite decision to tie him down to a contract. 

Travis. His injury wasn't as severe. He's one of the players in thinking has lost faith in the gaffer. He's playing like he dosnt care or dosnt want to be associated with the current set up. 

That's struck me about Dack he very much looks pissed off with what is going on around him. He's grafted away to get back from serious injury with probably the aim of a play off push spurring him on.  Then he comes back to a shambles and a very half hearted set up.

The guy is simply frustrated and who can blame him, not enough at the club or in the team really want it enough.  One glance at the dugout tells you that.

• Like 4

Can only assume his post match comments were along the lines of

"Awful news, Sam's going to be out for a long time but if we're taking a positive out of the game Ryan's hamstring went in the 90th minute. I've got a problem for the next game, benno could cover at right wing or at full back, it's a headache but a nice headache to have. It might be that he covers both and we play with 10" 

37 minutes ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

Another disheartening but all too predictable display. For what it’s worth, I find it all the more frustrating for the following two reasons: firstly, we’re not conceding bucket loads of goals...all our recent defeats have been 2-1s and 1-0s...this implies that we are not a million miles off being a side capable of winning more regularly , secondly, we seem perfectly capable of getting into the opponents final third but then things routinely break down. How many times did this happen yesterday and across recent games? The problem for me lies in the formation. Call me a dinosaur but it’s crying out for a good old fashioned 4-4-2. When the ball breaks to those arriving on the edge of the area then usually nothing happens (see Travis yesterday). Get another striker up there with Arma and see what happens. Give McBride a go if needs be. If Elliot was playing for Watford or Norwich he’d have about 30 assists by now...so frustrating. 

Fair points but they are exactly the same problems that Mowbray inherited. He has tried different things but we are still making the same basic mistakes as from day 1. It does not matter what formation we play when your defence makes the same mistakes week in week out, season in, season  out.

There is no pace in midfield so transition is slow from either attack or defence. It does not matter if we have one, two, three or four there. How many times do we think that player x should be there or player y should have closed quicker. Everything is too slow.

It does not matter who plays upfront because 9 times out of 10 they are too isolated because we cant get the basics right.

There is no progress under Mowbray, nothing has changed. Its all smoke and daggers to hide it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mercer said:

Travis looks like he's muscle-bound. Only a shadow of the player he was 2 years ago.