BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forest v Rovers Sat 20 Feb 3pm

16 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Well I'll watch it purely on the basis I've decorated almost every room in my house the last few weeks, the gyms are shut and so are the pubs and it's looking set to piss down, so there's not a great deal else to do.

I notice Mowbray said several players are carrying 'knocks' after the Barnsley game. The old knocks chestnut you find happen a lot when players have no interest in playing for a manager.

Alas it gives him a perfect excuse to make 5 changes to the team.

Its set up perfectly for us to somehow rag a win. 1-0 rovers. 

Well the 5 changes part was in the head, let's hope the result is although looking at that team it's highly doubtful. I'm all for young lads playing but that defence is pretty much an u23 defence against the experience of Murray and Knockaert etc and 2 of them aren't our players. This could be a long afternoon.....

3 minutes ago, matt83 said:

What a crap team. 4 years into the moggasarus journey and the defence is worse now than when he took over vs burton and it’s nothing to do with injuries. 

I disagree, the defence today is significantly better than anything we've fielded under Mowbray.

The problem is that we don't own half of it.

3 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I would always play Downing at full back over Bell.

Otherwise a good team on paper but in reality he wont keep things simple and it will be shit.

For me this team works as 4-4-2

Gally & Arma up top

Elliott right, Breo left.

Maybe thats just me...

It wont be that simple though.

Been saying that for ages. Absolutely spot on.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Tombola Tony strikes again. 

It’s every bloody week mate. I know we were terrible last match, but it’s the same 3-6 changes every match. How can we breed any kind of consistency with a different team each week?

As an aside today is going to wind me up when, as I suspect, we lose. Why? Because Mowbray is going to get a completely free pass with the Facebook and LET brigade as they’ll be too busy waxing lyrical about the ‘amazing future of Rovers’ following today’s statement.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

Just watching Coventry City , the team Tony left on their arse , play Brentford off the park( on a borrowed pitch ) all post Tony . .....maybe our day will come.....No training ground, ground sharing at t’ Turf ...so much to look forward to 

Also, so much for Brentford’s possession based shite and Raya awful again

Just now, booth said:

Been saying that for ages. Absolutely spot on.

4-4-2 would make us more solid at the back. It's got 4-3-3 all over it, though. Has Mowbray ever played 4-4-2, because I can't remember a time, when he did?

Out go Bennett, Douglas, Lenihan, Dack and Downing. Our inexperienced CBs haven't the nous to cope with wily experienced strikers in Grabban and Murray.

It's an attacking line up. Whether it is, is another matter. Mowbray clearly knows he needs something out of the game.

The inexperienced young CBS who have been in the building weeks and barley played together ( funny how no bedding in period needed with these two) and bell I can’t see anything but a mauling. Nyambe to be scapegoated . I genuinely don’t care today. We have bigger things to worry about. The start of the kean out era all over again. The division of the fans is on its way, one of the two things Mowbray gets credited for, the other being stability which will be a pipe dream when the Coventry lot have sorted there grandchildren’s futures out. 

after last time has nobody learned anything ? This is as corrupt and more sinister than what Jerome and co did. The happy clappers need to fuck off. Simple. 

I know this is a match thread but it really doesn’t feel like it matters today as bigger things are at play. I just wish I could be there to look Tony in the face and tell him exactly what I think of the low life and that’s before his mental tactics and shit football

• Like 3