BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

12 hours ago, den said:

The covenant on the land mentioned earlier in this thread was inserted there by @Paul while he helped out with the trust -I believe.

He could be your man.

No den I don't have any connection with Brockhall and the Covenant. It was me who had Ewood Park designated an Asset of Community Value (ACV) on behalf of the Rovers Trust about ten years ago.

I did consider if we could apply for Brockhall to be designated an ACV at the same time but it was clear there was no case to be made.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Paul said:

No den I don't have any connection with Brockhall and the Covenant. It was me who had Ewood Park designated an Asset of Community Value (ACV) on behalf of the Rovers Trust about ten years ago.

I did consider if we could apply for Brockhall to be designated an ACV at the same time but it was clear there was no case to be made.

Cheers Paul. It had to be the land owners who put that covenant on hadn’t it 🙂

10 hours ago, den said:

So there it is.

The club WILL sell off part of Brockhall for housing. 

Nothings going to change that. 

And won't go ahead with this apparently much needed upgrade unless the land is sold.

Warning to fans not to object but to stay in their rightful place.

I thought when Waggot first pitched this it was more of a cost cutting exercise.  Get everything under one roof to curb running costs.

Now it seems to have turned into a multiple state of the art complex costing a fortune that some houses will pay for.

I remain sceptical.

• Like 1

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

Why does my post keep getting deleted on this thread?

Because you're not saying anything in the post. Just posing a question to entice other people to comment.

If you have something to say on the matter, then go ahead. 

That statement was so odd to me. Absolutely no mention of the Academy and its pivotal Cat 1 status, a feather in the cap that surely gets mentioned in a PR puff piece about the club moving forward?

And the actual owners were not mentioned either, a massive infrastructure project and they are nowhere to be seen. Who then, is ‘the club’ here? A few salaried hired hands like Waggott? 

Very, very strange..

• Like 3

12 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

It's pretty hard to remove a covenant.

It depends on length of term of the covenant and the ts &cs. 

Some people/organisations have had endless pots of money and not been able to break a covenant.

If it depends on the Walker Trust ii won't take endless pots of money if the takeover is any guide.

No news there from Nixon except a few thousand clicks for the Sun website on a Sunday morning which keeps him in work.

Don't know where he has plucked £20 million figure from or what that is based upon. Probably just a guess based on sales of other training grounds.

I remain convinced this is a Mowbray/Venus/Waggott scheme and the extent of Venkys' involvement is or will be to 'authorise' it.

Another reason we need the three stooges gone asap before they cause permanent damage.

• Like 4

A nothing article there. Might have been an interesting read if outlined the Coventry Threes involvement in their training ground and whether there’s any similarity with our own situation.

I think Mowbray particularly lures people in with his Tim nice but dim routine but I reckon there’s a few foxes in the henhouse here

Edited by matt83
  • Like 4

Might calm a few clowns on social media down though who've got themselves in a lather about this state of the art new modern complex.......

It's all about money and those in the middle driving it forwards and set to make a few quid.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Might calm a few clowns on social media down though who've got themselves in a lather about this state of the art new modern complex.......

It's all about money and those in the middle driving it forwards and set to make a few quid.

Driving it forward before they are removed from their positions  !

Money is a great motivator especially if it is for one last big payday ..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We’ve got A1 facilities recently refurbed added too, players who say they are first class and premier league, two sites of really high quality facilities, yet some bimbos or excuses for life are asking Alan why he hasn’t included in the article that we’re moving to a state of the art facility. 

They need to ask themselves why they think it’s a good idea, we really have a large contingent of dopes in our fan base.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

We’ve got A1 facilities recently refurbed added too, players who say they are first class and premier league, two sites of really high quality facilities, yet some bimbos or excuses for life are asking Alan why he hasn’t included in the article that we’re moving to a state of the art facility. 

They need to ask themselves why they think it’s a good idea, we really have a large contingent of dopes in our fan base.

Speaking of Hughes wasn't he the one who swapped them around ? Then said he wanted the youngsters to be aspire to 'get up the hill' to the senior better equipped training center ?

Now that was showing a bit of brains and trying to give them a bit more motivation. Not much of that if they are lumped in together and maybe a bit distracting for the senior pros as well.

The daft thing is it all seems to have been working quite well as it is so why change ?

Nothing more than a cash grab and downscale however it's being dressed up. Nixons article and club statement are opposite descriptions of it. Truth as usual will be in the middle along with those who can't wait to get something out of it.

I'd wager Waggot and his cronies have planted this seed in the owners heads.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

No news there from Nixon except a few thousand clicks for the Sun website on a Sunday morning which keeps him in work.

Don't know where he has plucked £20 million figure from or what that is based upon. Probably just a guess based on sales of other training grounds.

I remain convinced this is a Mowbray/Venus/Waggott scheme and the extent of Venkys' involvement is or will be to 'authorise' it.

Another reason we need the three stooges gone asap before they cause permanent damage.

Why not ask Nixon about the 20 million figure on twitter? It's probably based on selling the senior training centre to a property developer and redeveloping the academy training centre into all in one training centre for all teams levels. The average price for housing on Brockhall is just over 300k. https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/brockhall-village.html

So I would guess that is where the figure comes from. 

At least he publish an article in the national media now. 

Surely we need to ask the questions to the relevant people and see what the plans for the upgrade all in one training ground and whether this will affect our category 1 status academy . I can see why you want in all in one base from a Club/footballing point of view but Its more the way the announcement was done, application put in before telling the fans, no communication with fans, etc. 

If the new training ground complex will be state or art facility and help the club move forward surely that good thing. Granted its a massive if with trust issues with Venkys as owners, Waggott here but supposedly retiring so the new CEO will be over seeing this project. Surely they will be announcing his replacement shortly.  

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Speaking of Hughes wasn't he the one who swapped them around ? Then said he wanted the youngsters to be aspire to 'get up the hill' to the senior better equipped training center ?

Now that was showing a bit of brains and trying to give them a bit more motivation. Not much of that if they are lumped in together and maybe a bit distracting for the senior pros as well.

The daft thing is it all seems to have been working quite well as it is so why change ?

Nothing more than a cash grab and downscale however it's being dressed up. Nixons article and club statement are opposite descriptions of it. Truth as usual will be in the middle along with those who can't wait to get something out of it.

For a so called journalist, or any of them for that matter, I can’t believe there isn’t a story in the link (coincidental or not) between Coventry City, training ground sales, housing companies, land ownership and Blackburn Rovers.

Football is a murky world, with huge amounts of money at stake, and the newspapers and media are very much a part of it. Gone are the days of unbiased investigative journalism - advertising is too important.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

That statement was so odd to me. Absolutely no mention of the Academy and its pivotal Cat 1 status, a feather in the cap that surely gets mentioned in a PR puff piece about the club moving forward?

And the actual owners were not mentioned either, a massive infrastructure project and they are nowhere to be seen. Who then, is ‘the club’ here? A few salaried hired hands like Waggott? 

Very, very strange..

You have to wonder who hastily wrote or signed off the statement in reaction to the cat being out the bag.

Where is Suhail ? Hasn't he been in India since the virus came along and still there ?

Waggott complete silence. Usually he lives in Mellor but I'm sure he is at home in Kent since the end of last year.

Mowbray was in Nottingham for sure.

Rovers the rudderless ship getting closer to the rocks.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue
  • Like 4