BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

. If 12 months down the line we lose Category A status who cares? The perpetrators will likely be long gone by then and they can just blame ever stringent regulations that favour the PL clubs. Some fans will just lap it up and be grateful.

Job done, money banked and a sizeable portion of the fans accept, even embrace it, who will never see for themselves what has happened. Retirement here we come! 

Then said useful idiots will then simply go ‘we aren’t a PL club anymore, we need to be realistic’

’Lets be honest, Brockhall was far too big anyway’.

’we are a small club’

’Bolton’

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why not ask Nixon about the 20 million figure on twitter? It's probably based on selling the senior training centre to a property developer and redeveloping the academy training centre into all in one training centre for all teams levels. The average price for housing on Brockhall is just over 300k. https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/brockhall-village.html

So I would guess that is where the figure comes from. 

At least he publish an article in the national media now. 

Surely we need to ask the questions to the relevant people and see what the plans for the upgrade all in one training ground and whether this will affect our category 1 status academy . I can see why you want in all in one base from a Club/footballing point of view but Its more the way the announcement was done, application put in before telling the fans, no communication with fans, etc. 

If the new training ground complex will be state or art facility and help the club move forward surely that good thing. Granted its a massive if with trust issues with Venkys as owners, Waggott here but supposedly retiring so the new CEO will be over seeing this project. Surely they will be announcing his replacement shortly.  

Nixon has blocked me so I can't but wouldn't anyway.

I'm actually glad that Nixon has taken the line that Venkys are pushing this to rake in some cash - they won't like that (if they see it).

We can only hope Waggott goes as soon as possible and that a proper appointment is made next time. I have to say that Waggott's background and experience elsewhere causes concern about him being CEO of Blackburn Rovers.

If he can see this project coming to fruition he might postpone his retirement until contracts have exchanged and the money is banked. 

These people are taking us backwards.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the planning permission for this 'state of the art' facility they want to build down at the academy site. 

Of course this project isn't to make money for people but is to better the club. So I would expect to see no expense spared in designing world class academy and training facilities using the millions generated from the sale of the existing facility.

Leicester have just built a new state of the art facility and it cost them £100 million so for us to demolish and start afresh on the academy site and deliver a 'state of the art' facility it won't be cheap.

The Gross Development Value of the top site is likely to be around £50 million. That is the total value of the houses when built, based on an average property price of £310,000 (Rightmove) and 170 units being built. Take out the developer's slice, construction costs, demolition costs, fingers in pies, planning costs - how much is left over?

I'm also intrigued as to how they plan on fitting this super new facility on a relatively small site with limited access routes and parking and how they plan on building a huge indoor facility that will be many stories high and a blot on the landscape for miles down there.

In short it is hard to believe this is anything but a big con. Get that valuable and easy to develop top site sold asap to developers, grubby hands on the proceeds and then send everyone down to the bottom site and chuck something together on the cheap down there. If 12 months down the line we lose Category A status who cares? The perpetrators will likely be long gone by then and they can just blame ever stringent regulations that favour the PL clubs. Some fans will just lap it up and be grateful.

Job done, money banked and a sizeable portion of the fans accept, even embrace it, who will never see for themselves what has happened. Retirement here we come! 

Spot on. Well said.

Gawthorpe was 5 million and still isn’t anywhere near the STC standard. 

They will sell the STC and use the proceeds however, we will not see a new Training. Ground or academy building, it will be a refurb of the existing units at the JTC

Edited by StevenSK
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the planning permission for this 'state of the art' facility they want to build down at the academy site. 

Of course this project isn't to make money for people but is to better the club. So I would expect to see no expense spared in designing world class academy and training facilities using the millions generated from the sale of the existing facility.

Leicester have just built a new state of the art facility and it cost them £100 million so for us to demolish and start afresh on the academy site and deliver a 'state of the art' facility it won't be cheap.

The Gross Development Value of the top site is likely to be around £50 million. That is the total value of the houses when built, based on an average property price of £310,000 (Rightmove) and 170 units being built. Take out the developer's slice, construction costs, demolition costs, fingers in pies, planning costs - how much is left over?

I'm also intrigued as to how they plan on fitting this super new facility on a relatively small site with limited access routes and parking and how they plan on building a huge indoor facility that will be many stories high and a blot on the landscape for miles down there.

In short it is hard to believe this is anything but a big con. Get that valuable and easy to develop top site sold asap to developers, grubby hands on the proceeds and then send everyone down to the bottom site and chuck something together on the cheap down there. If 12 months down the line we lose Category A status who cares? The perpetrators will likely be long gone by then and they can just blame ever stringent regulations that favour the PL clubs. Some fans will just lap it up and be grateful.

Cat 1 status is the litmus test in all this. Keep it and keep attracting a decent pedigree of intake - suitable for PL2 Div1 - and the ends may justify the means.

The state of the art training centre will need to be on a par with our competitors. That said, when the current one was built, our competitors where in the top flight. If we are only going to be as good as Brentford then we will no longer be able to use it as part of the ‘sell’ to new players.

I guess I’m very much hoping that the sale of the land is blocked and anyone only here for that and not for the betterment of BRFC clears off.

As far as any fans continuing to be grateful just to have a club, I’ve reached the conclusion that we do have a lot of very ignorant fans. There will still be some around who think Kean wasn’t as bad as everyone made out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Nixon has blocked me so I can't but wouldn't anyway.

I'm actually glad that Nixon has taken the line that Venkys are pushing this to rake in some cash - they won't like that (if they see it).

We can only hope Waggott goes as soon as possible and that a proper appointment is made next time. I have to say that Waggott's background and experience elsewhere causes concern about him being CEO of Blackburn Rovers.

If he can see this project coming to fruition he might postpone his retirement until contracts have exchanged and the money is banked. 

Steve Waggott is an ex football agent and a very poorly rated director without any business qualifications for to be director. Infact he’s a failed teacher. 

Should be nowhere near the club

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

You have to wonder who hastily wrote or signed off the statement in reaction to the cat being out the bag.

Where is Suhail ? Hasn't he been in India since the virus came along and still there ?

Waggott complete silence. Usually he lives in Mellor but I'm sure he is at home in Kent since the end of last year.

Mowbray was in Nottingham for sure.

Rovers the rudderless ship getting closer to the rocks.

They can write it on a laptop and give each one a teams call to check it over. Not sure location has any bearing 

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

This kind of projected will take years and will be done before 3 to 5 years. The academy training complex will need to redevelop first before any building work starts at the Senior training centre. 

Lets see the redevelopment plans and the digital designed of this new training complex. Looking forward to seeing them

11 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

You have to wonder who hastily wrote or signed off the statement in reaction to the cat being out the bag.

Where is Suhail ? Hasn't he been in India since the virus came along and still there ?

Waggott complete silence. Usually he lives in Mellor but I'm sure he is at home in Kent since the end of last year.

I believe Suhail hasn't been in the UK in the last 10 to 12 months. 

I would imagine that Waggott spoke to the owners yestetday morning and then the statement was released at dinner. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I believe Suhail hasn't been in the UK in the last 10 to 12 months. 

I would imagine that Waggott spoke to the owners yestetday morning and then the statement was released at dinner. 

Why would you imagine that? Any evidence? 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 2

Waggott and Mowbray get excited about buying new drones and computers and refitting the Brockhall changing rooms and have to publicly thank the owners for their support in doing it.

Building a brand new training complex to house our academy and senior squad under one roof and it being better than the existing set up?

• Like 3

On 21/02/2021 at 10:29, StevenSK said:

Statement was realised at 1 ish. Not dinner 🤦🏼‍♂️

Semantics aside, there is no evidence Venkys signed off on that statement. I doubt very much that they are hands on with the 'redevelopment' of Brockhall. Others will be in charge of that. Like the three stooges... 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 3

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Semantics aside, there is no evidence Venkys signed off on that statement. I doubt very much they, are hands on with the 'redevelopment' of Brockhall. Others will be in charge of that. Like the three stooges.... 

I totally agree with you pal. I thought they were happy to keep financially supporting. I reckon we sent a false budget to Pune in the summer which is now incredibly looking short and venkys have said cut the costs then and this is dodos plan.

Im reading the comments on Nickos tweet now, how can anyone be this stupid after the last ten years?

We can’t afford to wash Ewood or de weed around it, staff have been on furlough, club shop and facilities closed during covid but yet we are suddenly going to end up with better facilities than we have now 🤦🏼‍♂️

Almost like the last ten years people have learnt nothing.

C0CB524C-B8CE-429F-99BA-26565B3309D4.png

3A304135-6289-4A50-AD2D-AC21B2A12C9E.jpeg

59B1C128-B704-4260-A1E2-315C5B34B133.png

7AE168FB-1132-47AF-8F91-08144D8C67CE.png

DD2A587E-04C7-4098-BE0D-40CC7CD9612B.png

2323AF0F-6D6E-4A46-8B6A-B9B3C767EEE9.jpeg

21DB7554-3658-4AC1-BF9C-3F288C533864.jpeg

CB385BEC-6E3A-405D-9D30-80AC4BB690F4.jpeg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

We can’t afford to wash Ewood or de weed around it, staff have been on furlough, club shop and facilities closed during covid but yet we are suddenly going to end up with better facilities than we have now 🤦🏼‍♂️

Almost like the last ten years people have learnt nothing.

C0CB524C-B8CE-429F-99BA-26565B3309D4.png

3A304135-6289-4A50-AD2D-AC21B2A12C9E.jpeg

59B1C128-B704-4260-A1E2-315C5B34B133.png

7AE168FB-1132-47AF-8F91-08144D8C67CE.png

DD2A587E-04C7-4098-BE0D-40CC7CD9612B.png

2323AF0F-6D6E-4A46-8B6A-B9B3C767EEE9.jpeg

21DB7554-3658-4AC1-BF9C-3F288C533864.jpeg

CB385BEC-6E3A-405D-9D30-80AC4BB690F4.jpeg

The ‘rest’ after everyone’s been paid and these State of the Art facilities have been built is going to ‘balance the books’.

Whose ‘books’ then? The enormous debts owed to the Rao’s? Or will it sort out the structural issues we have as a non PL club with wages at 80% of turnover that means the owners have to pump in millions every few months?

Please let us know, Arran.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Some people make me laugh.

Almost as if the last 10 years haven't happened. I bet we heard the same when Rhodes got sold too.

Sell off your assets and it is hard to get them back. We are sat on a wonderful piece of land there that over time may be redeveloped into a true state of the art facility if we ever get an interested owner again. People fail to see that. There's life after Venky's, so why sell off our parting gifts from Jack to make their life easier now?

Wake up and smell the coffee ffs.

It comes down to the fact that most fans don’t really understand the business/infrastructure side of the sport.

As long as players keep arriving and the club keeps going, they are happy enough. They don’t see how such enormous decisions could lead to potential Cat 1 issues down the line, or the reduction in the club’s reputation and who we can attract as we reduce the quality of our infrastructure.

Couple this with riverside drip’s very perceptive post yesterday re critical thinking, that actual comprehension and reading between the lines seems to have completely vanished for large swathes of the population. I would bundle that in with this present day obsession that a lot of folk have with avoiding ‘negativity’.

Social media will be ‘the club’s’ greatest ally through this swindle.

• Like 7

Newspaper article from 2016. The Coventry City club statement sounds familiar. Not sure what the outcome was. Anyone know if the houses were built or if Coventry got a new inspirational training ground ?

Dozens of homes could be built on Coventry City football club's training ground in Rugby.

The site at Ryton-on-Dunsmore is suitable for up to 75 properties, according to the borough council's draft local plan.

A club statement said the six-acre site would not be built on until a replacement training site was found.

"The objective is to relocate to a new modern site, which will act as an inspirational environment and will better serve the needs of the football club as a whole," it said.

• Like 7