BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

As has been pointed out...only 1 minute commute between the two...let’s buy some golf buggies instead 😉

True, But one complex will mean all the staff will be based together. I know and I agree with you. I also agree with your 12 points above Herbie

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

1/2) We're not currently using all of the pitch space available at the STC & JTC to the best of my knowledge (someone feel free to correct me on that but I've been told this by a few). Therefore I can understand an argument for pragmatism on getting the most out of a more appropriate pitch space.

How many pitches do we use? 

Would you not like to see proper digital design of how our new training complex will look for the future? 

I am concerned over the lack of future development we will have in future if/when we get back to the Premier League. I have a number of questions I want to ask the club about this future plan to merge the training ground complex. 

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Happy days!

Recall the 'non performers' or 'those who wouldn't listen' being sent to run round Pleasington away from the 'training pitch'.

Kenny showed he still had it! 

Speedie flattening Peter Baah with a right hook in a training match! Yep, happy days😀

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Hypothetically.....what would people's opinion be if the club committed to reinvesting any profit from the sale of the STC into, say, a rebuild of the Riverside?

(I don't believe for one second anything like this would happen, btw)

Hypothetically It certainly would smell a lot sweeter, depending on the added income/facilities  a rebuild could bring post covid, but would prefer if that was built first ,Venky's fund it (they never refuse to sign a cheque 🙂 ), then they can have part of the the money back after the Brockhall sale.

Wouldn't want a Riverside rebuild to fall through after the sale of Brockhall because of a "technical" issue. 😉

Another hypothetical idea, is a realistic bash at getting back into the Premier League , more cash generated then selling land/assets, even if we last one season, after all Venky's seemed keen, ToMo had to stop them chucking money at this mad idea in favour of a slow build.

Edited by perthblue02
spelling
  • Like 1

• Backroom

As others have touched on if this really was a positive and progress it would have been sung from the rooftops.

We’d be seeing mock ups of this state of the art new site and details on exactly why it’s such a great thing.

Instead the plans get found and then a rushed press release with no details comes out.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Agree except that Rovers isn't a "product". It's a club and vital part of the community and the town and people's lives. 

I was referring to the quality of play and results which as far as I am concerned is the product.

I think everyone agrees this is all very bad news and no one is in favour.

So how are we, the fans and everyone who cares about the club, and presumably the community around Brockhall who I assume will be against the proposal, going to oppose it?

This is going to need concerted action. Fans complaining on a messageboard won't stop it happening  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

This whole “outdated facilities” thing...three quarters of Ewood Park is the same age as Brockhall...should we knock that down ? 

I was fortunate enough to be given a tour of the STC a couple of years ago, unless they’ve gone downhill bloody quickly, they were pretty impressive to the untrained eye I can assure you. 

There are people on social media who think so!

29 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Hypothetically.....what would people's opinion be if the club committed to reinvesting any profit from the sale of the STC into, say, a rebuild of the Riverside?

(I don't believe for one second anything like this would happen, btw)

Hypothetically it wouldn't make any difference to me.

You don't sell your crown jewels full stop. Once they get away with this one then how long before they fancy selling the other site at Brockhall, or chunks of Ewood Park off?

Aldi want a new supermarket in Blackburn so lets sell that car park that 'never gets used' so they can build on there. And on it goes until the club has nothing left other than a run down stadium and a name.

Yes we need a new Riverside stand. Many ways that can be achieved without having to sell off Brockhall. We have billionaire owners who never refuse a cheque but even without them we could sell a player or two, grow sponsorship, fundraise over several years.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, superniko said:

That Mowbray comment (and countless others) really got on my goat. 
What exactly do we do in training that requires the farm at ewood over our current (superb) facilities? The man is a lunatic, or is he (disclaimer: speculation) involved in this whole shitshow and therefore getting a point across to owners/fans that our facilities ‘aren’t good enough’ and the answer is clear and obvious...we have to sell half of it for a housing estate and half our total land/facilities/pitches and potentially lose our catA academy, that is surely the only answer to avoid training on the ewood bog, you know we don’t have state of the art indoor facilities ALREADY! Somehow fans are lapping this up as “shrewd”. Absolute boot lickers.

Almost split my sides laughing at the ‘everyone on the same site’ justification. You could throw a bloody stone between the two. We are literally cost cutting here. Losing half our land and half of our facilities. 
Best laugh I had on here since a few months ago when someone argued to me that £300k was a justified salary for our CEO

Got to admit, the training on Ewood thing made zero sense to me, but now with this announcement some dots connect as you say, whether rightly or not.

• Like 1

• Backroom
53 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

1. Rebuild the Riverside

2. Refurb/renew the rest of Ewood & it’s environs

3. Invest in the ladies team

4. Buy a Brexit busting feeder club in RoI

5. Appoint a sales & marketing director 

6. Appoint someone to run merchandising & licensing

7. Appoint a fan liaison officer charged with building bridges with the community 

8. Give away Rovers shirts to every new born child in BwD (Google Atalanta)

9. Give Rovers shirts to every 10 year old child in BwD (Google Accrington Stanley)

10. Design innovative fan membership schemes to encourage attendance 

11. Issue a Fan Charter that says the club will run on ethical grounds - e.g. no gambling sponsorship, no vaping sponsorships - actively pursue commercial partnerships that are ethical/green

12. Change the floodlights to LED panels to allow pre-match entertainment options & demonstrate our green credentials

I just came up with those off the top of my head (yes, we know...they’re lame...) but there are folks out there that can do this stuff, that want the best for their club.

What we have is distant, remote owners and one of the lamest executive boards I’ve ever seen at Ewood.

Over to you...😉

You've been reading the Rovers Trust Marketing Prospectus, haven't you? 😉

• Like 2

Ok so, I'm not going to read the full plans. But I'm curious about them and others say they've read them. It barely seems to have been touched on through this discussion, which has centred over other issues around it, but I'd really like to know...

So sure, I'm being lazy, but could someone who has read the plans give some kind of breakdown of what facilities are proposed for the new site? Ideally contrasted to what facilities are already in place on the old site (or maybe yet another person may be able to give that).

I think it would be nice to have a sense of what actual facilities we stand to gain and which we stand to lose. I'm not really interested in how shiny the new building is, and only a little interested in players/staff per square metre. I'd much prefer to know the bread and butter to get a sense if it's an upgrade or a downgrade. Obviously with the regime's track record I expect a downgrade.

If someone is capable of giving that breakdown so there's something tangible to assess beyond the asset reduction and legacy debates, I'd be vastly appreciative.

I appreciate the plans may still be vague in some areas.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Maybe the indoor facilities will fall by the wayside. Mowbray recently said they dont train in them even when it leaves our pitch in ruins, so it fits the narrative to get rid to save the Venkys some rupees.

That’s not what the plans show

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Maybe the indoor facilities will fall by the wayside. Mowbray recently said they dont train in them even when it leaves our pitch in ruins, so it fits the narrative to get rid to save the Venkys some rupees.

Over the years there's plenty of footage of him being interviewed with players playing on those training pitches. Another  statement to feather his own nest rather than better the club.

Just now, bluebruce said:

Ok so, I'm not going to read the full plans. But I'm curious about them and others say they've read them. It barely seems to have been touched on through this discussion, which has centred over other issues around it, but I'd really like to know...

So sure, I'm being lazy, but could someone who has read the plans give some kind of breakdown of what facilities are proposed for the new site? Ideally contrasted to what facilities are already in place on the old site (or maybe yet another person may be able to give that).

I think it would be nice to have a sense of what actual facilities we stand to gain and which we stand to lose. I'm not really interested in how shiny the new building is, and only a little interested in players/staff per square metre. I'd much prefer to know the bread and butter to get a sense if it's an upgrade or a downgrade. Obviously with the regime's track record I expect a downgrade.

If someone is capable of giving that breakdown so there's something tangible to assess beyond the asset reduction and legacy debates, I'd be vastly appreciative.

I appreciate the plans may still be vague in some areas.

Lazy f*cker 🤣

Losing half the footprint, half the pitches, rebuild STC but no bigger than current one

88E560F4-5E8F-4093-9E86-B3548F8D875E.jpeg

E4864DF9-BB7B-4A66-8E51-FB57B5951FC5.jpeg

D4469D06-F19C-4D1C-838C-F9DDFD948CF9.jpeg

2FC73A34-57E0-4F5D-B70D-EBCC3CAD554C.jpeg

18F33687-AB39-47CA-A133-AF5344603924.jpeg

46AA80FA-59B4-4E24-AC30-0F962D2FA41B.jpeg

5CBDB3A7-58AB-4371-B14A-CEB9DFA43877.jpeg

4613FF6A-6D6B-4CFF-8DAE-DF1E675C85FC.jpeg

• Like 1

Venkys have no idea what is happening in Blackburn or what the best thing for the football club is. Therefore the idea And proposed benefits must have come from here

A key question is will people close to the club, either currently or previously, benefit personally financially from this.

The similaraities to the Coventry situation are alarming.

Venkys bought a club (cheaply) with several a major assets. One of them, despite it being condition of the sale it not be sold off for non-sporting usage, is about to be lost from the club forever, unavailable to be utilised by whoever owns us going  forward.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 6

The lack of effort to attract new fans and increase attendances now makes more sense.

Dissenting voices at a football club make it a bit more difficult to do things like this. Lockdown must be a dream come true.

Sadly football clubs in the North West are going the same way as our pubs. Nobody gives a shit anymore.

The FF, who I have to expect are also completely blindsided by all of this, should be raising holy hell at the next meeting - whether on Zoom or in person.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I find it bizarre that anyone's natural instinct based on what has happened to date is to give Venkys the benefit of the doubt.

Today’s social media users would have been primary school kids or early secondary when Venkys rocked up.

Those poor bastards are literally ignorant to the kind of club we were before Venkys and SEM. Sure they can watch dvds or YouTube clips but they didn’t even experience the Hughes era, let alone Souness - never mind Kenny.

I’m just so sad that Jack’s legacy is being sold off for scrap. It feels like a death in the family.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Today’s social media users would have been primary school kids or early secondary when Venkys rocked up.

Those poor bastards are literally ignorant to the kind of club we were before Venkys and SEM. Sure they can watch dvds or YouTube clips but they didn’t even experience the Hughes era, let alone Souness - never mind Kenny.

I’m just so sad that Jack’s legacy is being sold off for scrap. It feels like a death in the family.

...by foul play...

• Like 1