BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

1 minute ago, booth said:

I still have no idea why Venkys bought Blackburn Rovers FC if their plan was to basically run up loads of debt and sell of its assets. Have they benefited from it in any way?

Apart from agreeing to it i doubt it's been much to do with them in regards to this latest development.

Imo it's very much been pitched and pushed by those who's day jobs are on ground back in Blackburn. Very much fits into their remit and there'll no doubt be a nice bonus in it.

• Like 3

Just now, tomphil said:

Apart from agreeing to it i doubt it's been much to do with them in regards to this latest development.

Imo it's very much been pitched and pushed by those who's day jobs are on ground back in Blackburn. Very much fits into their remit and there'll no doubt be a nice bonus in it.

Agreed but it's their club and they should know what's going on with it.

You'd think after what happened with the spiv and his Scottish sidekick they'd have at least kept an eye on proceedings and boned up on the rights and wrongs of football clubs. If rumours are true the only time they exert any sort of energy towards the club is if someone questions whether the manager is doing well or not, which ends in an angry sacking.

The average pound shop has a more logical management structure.

Their management structure seems to have been adopted from Queenie in Blackadder 2.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

A message I have received from the person who initially discovered the plans...

Some information gathered over the weekend, peacocks  are applying for the covenant on Brockhall to be removed. 2 reasons for this rules have been changed due to covid in the landlords  favour and they're going to say that the senior training centre and land are no longer viable and will become derelict.

Shake your money maker.......yet again, not in the interest of the club. More dumbing down.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I remember that name Baah, blast from the past! What did he do to provoke Speedie's ire?

I can’t remember exactly Hoochie bloochie. I do remember the punch though, followed by a short break in proceedings while Baah was picked up, brushed down and told to get over it. No apology from Speedie though. At that point Speedie was coming towards the end of his career, while Baah was 18 years old. That’s why it stuck in my mind.

Think about this....

Kenny Dalglish, Hartford, Wegerle if I remamber correctly,and the rest of rovers squad was there training in a public park and there were probably a dozen or so of us watching. 

How many would have been at Stanley Park if Dalglish had been taking his Liverpool squad for training there? 

Edited by den
  • Like 2

I just posted on a Coventry forum to quite civilly ask for their opinion and for a quick summary of what happened in in their situation.

I got one reply but within a minute the thread was deleted. 

I presume the mods thought it was going to be either too divisive or legally dodgy.

edit - the thread has been hidden pending approval.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 8

Venkys as proper owners respecting Jack's legacy....

Steve, get thet Riverside rebuilt. You have 12 months.

Steve, why is it a tip around the ground ? Sort it out ASAP and get some regular meetings setup with the neighbours to ensure we are one with the community.

Steve, we want final plans for the hotel and local community center in 60 days. Think big. We are the biggest town club in England and tjat is what you should remember every day.

Steve, where is the proforma for the new pitch ? We need to get essential work booked in so it looks great for the new season.

Steve, did you get us the short list of managers who will get us to the PL next season ?

Steve, have you any feedback from fans on the plans for the new state of the art training centre? We need to engage. We want feedback.

Steve, we will be there on Monday around 10:30 for a full update.

Steve,....

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

1. Rebuild the Riverside

2. Refurb/renew the rest of Ewood & it’s environs

3. Invest in the ladies team

4. Buy a Brexit busting feeder club in RoI

5. Appoint a sales & marketing director 

6. Appoint someone to run merchandising & licensing

7. Appoint a fan liaison officer charged with building bridges with the community 

8. Give away Rovers shirts to every new born child in BwD (Google Atalanta)

9. Give Rovers shirts to every 10 year old child in BwD (Google Accrington Stanley)

10. Design innovative fan membership schemes to encourage attendance 

11. Issue a Fan Charter that says the club will run on ethical grounds - e.g. no gambling sponsorship, no vaping sponsorships - actively pursue commercial partnerships that are ethical/green

12. Change the floodlights to LED panels to allow pre-match entertainment options & demonstrate our green credentials

I just came up with those off the top of my head (yes, we know...they’re lame...) but there are folks out there that can do this stuff, that want the best for their club.

What we have is distant, remote owners and one of the lamest executive boards I’ve ever seen at Ewood.

Over to you...😉

Still catching up on the earlier exchanges but this is a brilliant post.

It neatly highlights exactly what Venkys are NOT doing.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Venkys as proper owners respecting Jack's legacy....

Steve, get thet Riverside rebuilt. You have 12 months.

Steve, why is it a tip around the ground ? Sort it out ASAP and get some regular meetings setup with the neighbours to ensure we are one with the community.

Steve, we want final plans for the hotel and local community center in 60 days. Think big. We are the biggest town club in England and tjat is what you should remember every day.

Steve, where is the proforma for the new pitch ? We need to get essential work booked in so it looks great for the new season.

Steve, did you get us the short list of managers who will get us to the PL next season ?

Steve, have you any feedback from fans on the plans for the new state of the art training centre? We need to engage. We want feedback.

Steve, we will be there on Monday around 10:30 for a full update.

Steve,....

I bet they don't even know he's called Steve.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I just posted on a Coventry forum to quite civilly ask for their opinion and for a quick summary of what happened in in their situation.

I got one reply but within a minute the thread was deleted. 

I presume the mods thought it was going to be either too divisive or legally dodgy.

edit - the thread has been hidden pending approval.

Could you link it on here if it ever becomes active. Cheers. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’ve just been comparing what we currently have to what the proposals are.

Most of it is a copy and paste job, we have a pool, we will be getting a pool... now, if the intention was to be all state of the art why are we replacing like for like? Surely a hydrotherapy suite would be the upgrade?

There are NO signs of any proposed upgrades, there are however a number of things that appear to be omitted.

We will lose carparking, bedrooms and for me, very significantly, CLASSROOMS. Something that will be essential for a Cat 1 (and probably cat 2) academy.

The groundsman’s workshop seems to be an afterthought, and it appears we would also be losing an outdoor Floodlit synthetic pitch.

Then of course, there’s the fact that it’s a scaling down so all the facilities reduce in size and capacity. Pitches being the main one.

The link Chaddy shared earlier to Leicester’s facilities at their new training complex is must see stuff. It’s incredibly impressive, one thing that stood out was 21 playing surfaces including 14 full size pitches. To think their owners took over just 2 months before Venky’s darkened our door.

If someone had just taken over the club and presented this scenario they'd be accused of asset stripping.

In our case it's most definitely a downscale it's obvious.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom said:

As others have touched on if this really was a positive and progress it would have been sung from the rooftops.

We’d be seeing mock ups of this state of the art new site and details on exactly why it’s such a great thing.

Instead the plans get found and then a rushed press release with no details comes out.

I am expecting to see a follow up showing the plans in tomorrow's telegraph.

15 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Some information gathered over the weekend, peacocks  are applying for the covenant on Brockhall to be removed. 2 reasons for this rules have been changed due to covid in the landlords  favour and they're going to say that the senior training centre and land are no longer viable and will become derelict.

Wonder what other rules have been changed due to Covid.

Stiffed by the Walker Trust.

Stiffed by the fit and proper test.

Stiffed by SEM.

Stiffed by the imposter.

Stiffed by the media and the local rag.

Stiffed by FFP.

Stiffed by Cheston’s holiday leave.

Stiffed by the stand out candidate.

Stiffed by Covid regs.

And if we lose Cat 1 status, stiffed by EPPP.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Performance related pay for Waggo perhaps?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Bigger problem is that vast swaths of the fanbase have swallowed the plans and think they are wonderful. We now seem to have a fanbase that's happy for expectations to be dummed down and the club and general infrastructure to be dumbed down and left to rot.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Very sneaky if correct.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Bigger problem is that vast swaths of the fanbase have swallowed the plans and think they are wonderful. We now seem to have a fanbase that's happy for expectations to be dummed down and the club and general infrastructure to be dumbed down and left to rot.

vast swathes of 2500 Pete.

probably no more than 50 in reality.

just stay off there in the knowledge they are deluded and wrong.

25000 reduced to 2500 and 50 of.

I make that 24,950 vs 50.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

vast swathes of 2500 Pete.

probably no more than 50 in reality.

just stay off there in the knowledge they are deluded and wrong.

25000 reduced to 2500 and 50 of.

I make that 24,950 vs 50.

You reckon? I’m afraid the days of 2010-2013 have long gone (though plenty supported the owners over the protesting fans even then)

This forum is very much the minority view, and ‘the club’ knows it will have an easy ride.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Today’s social media users would have been primary school kids or early secondary when Venkys rocked up.

Those poor bastards are literally ignorant to the kind of club we were before Venkys and SEM. Sure they can watch dvds or YouTube clips but they didn’t even experience the Hughes era, let alone Souness - never mind Kenny.

Or it could just be the same people who supported Kean.

In the Riverside I witnessed a guy try to initiate a fist fight with the two blokes behind him, with his wife and small child watching, all because one of them shouted Kean out. Nothing more, no swearing or anything offensive. Infact there had been swearing in that section but not from them. The guy with the wife and kid just went mental, accused him of being a Burnley fan then started squaring up. The two guys, I'd say around their early forties told him to calm down and didn't take him on. Another bloke who he didn't seem to know had to hold him back from hitting them. Stewards came, saw the guy was with his family and moved the two guys who had done nothing wrong on despite other fans explaining it wasn't them.

Had the two blokes felt like it they could have broken the guy in half but I guess Kean was much more important to this guy, more important than scaring the life out of his kid and his wife.

Some people are just gullible, brainwashed or just don't want to face the reality.

• Like 4