Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

3 minutes ago, Ozz said:

Just a reminder that to even apply for planning permission for housing technically breaches the covenants placed by the Walker Trust. 

Which Rovers have not quite done yet.

Hi Ozz. Simple question. Does the trust have Access to legal advice? 

No real reason for asking.

Edited by den
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With respect, you are talking absolute rubbish on this point and imo being extremely disrespectful to Jack Walker. I hope my post doesn't send you scurrying off to the moderators to complain as I woul

Joe, I mean this will all due respect, but Jack’s legacy isn’t Rovers winning the league. I would assume you’re too young to really remember what Jack did? Jacks legacy is putting Blackburn on th

First alarm bell that should be going off is the fact that the club have only acted AFTER the news has emerged through fans doing homework online and spotting the planning application. If this is

Posted Images

Some of the terms of Jacks will were allegedly overturned in a Jersey court in order to sell the club.

Money talks, get the best lawyers, grease the right wheels and away you go. I don't think they'd be this far along if they weren't confident.

25 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Savills UK | The value of land

So, if GDV (see link above) is £132.5m then the value of the land for sale is a third of that - about £43m in Venky's pocket. 

Still hard to get my head around the fact we were sold for £23m (£45m or so with debt) all things considered. We sold Phil Jones for £16m a year or so later didn’t we. (Albeit finances from 10 years ago)

Just now, tomphil said:

Some of the terms of Jacks will were allegedly overturned in a Jersey court in order to sell the club.

Money talks, get the best lawyers, grease the right wheels and away you go. I don't think they'd be this far along if they weren't confident.

Last sentence - thats the worry. 

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Sadly I agree...

6 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

I hate to say it...but FFP...this helps our FFP...

So explain the £20m in share issues  put in the club every year to keep it going? What are the FFP rules regarding owner investment? 

I genuinely don't understand it anymore. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

Something that iv'e been mulling over but would people prefer the old fashioned way and just sell a player ?

For all we know that might be the next part of the plan but if not would it be more sensible to cash one in than fixed assets ?

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

So explain the £20m in share issues  put in the club every year to keep it going? What are the FFP rules regarding owner investment? 

We must be close to breaching that anyway over the 3 year cycle. 

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

I thought facilities weren’t a factor in FFP? Sure that’s been stated before when talking about the Riverside. 

The income would help the FFP

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Something that iv'e been mulling over but would people prefer the old fashioned way and just sell a player ?

For all we know that might be the next part of the plan but if not would it be more sensible to cash one in than fixed assets ?

Exactly. It doesn't make sense. Mowbray was telling us he'd essentially put off prospective Prem buyers of AA by telling them he wasn't ready. I don't buy the argument all this is just to cover costs. 

24 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

And still begs the question, what are fans going to do (if anything) to oppose it? 

The Rovers Trust have taken the first steps with the questions they posed to the club last night. I’m positive there will be more to come from them, and they are best placed to mount or any legal challenge or work with Brockhall residents.

I think it’s absolutely certain that sections of our fanbase will oppose this in a number of ways. Whenever we’ve had crises before people have stepped up... however, I am worried that this time round there will be even more opposition to the protestors from the fanbase at large.

This ones going to run on for a while I think.

8 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Exactly. It doesn't make sense. Mowbray was telling us he'd essentially put off prospective Prem buyers of AA by telling them he wasn't ready. I don't buy the argument all this is just to cover costs. 

Unless.... 

Big Baz - Tony, we need money quick. Flog a player. 

Tony - But what about promotion?

Big Baz - Don't take the piss Tony, there's more chance of Shebby Singh getting us to the Prem. 

Mark - Don't talk to my Tony like that. 

Big Baz - Shut it, Venus the Penis 

Tony - OK, OK. What if I give up the STC. We could get promotion and build an estate? 

Big Baz - Done. Now fuck off. And tell Mark to stop crying. 

14 minutes ago, superniko said:

I thought facilities weren’t a factor in FFP? Sure that’s been stated before when talking about the Riverside. 

That’s the point...V’s could if they wanted invest to do this...the fact that they aren’t but instead are realising the latent value of that land will generate a profit which helps our FFP calculation.

Its not what JW had in mind.

17 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

The money V’s put in is literally to pay the bills. An internal overdraft if you will. The FFP calculation restricts what owners can put in. If they put more in than the FFP calculation we are in embargo, fine, points deduction territory.

Just now, Herbie6590 said:

The money V’s put in is literally to pay the bills. An internal overdraft if you will. The FFP calculation restricts what owners can put in. If they put more in than the FFP calculation we are in embargo, fine, points deduction territory.

I get that, I just don't understand the difference between share issues and external investment? Why is the £20m they've invested this year to keep the lights on not part of FFP calculation?

And how much are owners allowed to invest each 3 year cycle? Googled it but not easy to find info.  

7 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I get that, I just don't understand the difference between share issues and external investment? Why is the £20m they've invested this year to keep the lights on not part of FFP calculation?

And how much are owners allowed to invest each 3 year cycle? Googled it but not easy to find info.  

They aren’t different for FFP. A club can lose up to £39m in a 3 year cycle...though that has been extended due to COVID.

When a club loses money, the owner can invest up to £39m to cover those losses via loans or share capital.

We must be perilously close to the FFP threshold before COVID. This whole proposal is to my mind to bring us back in line. It has nothing to do with improving facilities.

The fact you can flog your ground or training facilities to bring you in line with “Profit and SUSTAINABILITY rules” just shows what a farce the whole thing is.