BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

26 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

What was the 'community asset' thing that some people got Brockhall registered as a few years ago?

It was opposed by the club and subsequently rejected.

Had they not opposed it I reckon it would’ve snook through, although in all honesty it would be a bit of a stretch for Brockhall to be considered for an ACV.

Cheston was quizzed about why the club opposed it at one of the consultation meetings. I might have some notes somewhere, I’ll see if I can dig them out.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

170 units at average of 400000 a house is approx 68million gross development value

Seems a tad optimistic but half that would cover what they've put in since the reset after the audits etc.

Could even have been borrowed against in advance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Seems a tad optimistic but half that would cover what they've put in since the reset after the audits etc.

Could even have been borrowed against in advance.

Yep. Chuck in £20m for Arma and they’ll certainly be hanging around to see what could drop next.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yep. Chuck in £20m for Arma and they’ll certainly be hanging around to see what could drop next.

Someone actually said to me today he reckoned the only thing the present manager was hanging around for was to see the fruits of his labour flogged off.

• Like 1

Waggott got the job here, eye-watering salary and all, on the basis he would generate cash and reduce overheads/reliance on Venkys.

He has to justify that salary somehow and something like this will more than make up for his pitiful commercial and ticketing efforts over the last 3 years.

I dont think Venkys will have set this in motion. They could have done it years ago if they were that bothered. They just don't care. Into the void come all sorts of chancers and agendas.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Two words came to mind when I saw this. Mark Venus. He tried this at Coventry and it looks like he is trying it again here. I don't think this idea has come from Venky's. Sick of these chancers.

Questions over Coventry City training ground go unanswered - CoventryLive (coventrytelegraph.net)

Already plenty comments flying about 'no big deal they don't use that bit anyway'    - 'why does it matter if it's empty land, TM will get the money to buy player'.....

Some people are beyond help, never mind though there might be enough spare change to build the Mowbray statue for the groupies.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Two words came to mind when I saw this. Mark Venus. He tried this at Coventry and it looks like he is trying it again here. I don't think this idea has come from Venky's. Sick of these chancers.

It might not be anything to do with Venus.

Then again, its one hell of a coincidence isn't it?

I don’t understand all the acv stuff and legislations so if this is genuine harmless or helpful thing and I’ve jumped the gun I will apologise in advance but from comments of fans and previous form something doesn’t sit right with me. If the vultures are cashing in on the training ground and spinning us some bs about needing to move into one building etc then this puts Tony , swag and Venus firmly in the kean camp in my eyes. In fact worse than kean as they are actually pissing all over jack walkers life’s work and dreams . Thin ice time with these lot

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I don’t understand all the acv stuff and legislations so if this is genuine harmless or helpful thing and I’ve jumped the gun I will apologise in advance but from comments of fans and previous form something doesn’t sit right with me. If the vultures are cashing in on the training ground and spinning us some bs about needing to move into one building etc then this puts Tony , swag and Venus firmly in the kean camp in my eyes. Thin ice time with these lot

Totally. We need a strong local journalist to get to the heart of this. Rich Sharpe, stand up and make a name for yourself

• Like 8

They moved the senior training up to what used to be the academy in the first place because the lower site wasnt big enough, so how it's supposed to be big enough for seniors and academy I dont know. It will of course go straight through planning because even if RVBC oppose it, which they probably wont, central government will overrule. It's happened with every refused planning application in the last 10 years. Just concrete over the Ribble Valley. There'll be no green space left soon.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SuperBrfc said:

You might be right, however, it certainly is a heck of a coincidence that this has happened at two clubs he has been at.

This is the reason I’m concerned as it’s the same three stooges trying to pull off the same stunt with no one to have rovers best interests 

• Like 5

• Backroom

From a supporters point of view it’s horrible, goes against Jacks legacy and feels a real kick in the teeth.

From a cold business perspective there’s mega money in it; I think it’s one of the first things any new owners would look at most likely.

Thats a sad state of affairs but it’s what it is now; even those buying clubs in the top flight are now using every bit of club assets to offset their outlay 

• Like 4