BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

Venkys gave me a very bitter taste in my mouth ....I wrote to The Indian Times , I wrote to Jack Straw, I vented my feelings on National and Local radio, I attended meetings in the hope that the heart of our club could be massaged into life......I didn’t think I would enter Ewood again but, old habits die hard...and I did. 
As the years have gone my love has not lessened..but, I’ve  become indifferent to what I watch , my dummed  down expectations are exactly that.  

BUT ....to be conned, used and broken by Mowbray, Venus and Waggot hursts far more ....I told myself that the Indians couldn’t help it .....these 3 manipulative buggers can.....that taste is now even more bitter...and what can we do other than watch and listen to the s..t that comes from their mouths ....any sensible answer would be appreciated 

• Like 7

I keep thinking of how Mowbray has been dumbing down the fans expectations for a long time now. 

It looks very much as though he’s known about the direction the current regime have been aiming for and gone along with it all. It appears to suit him down to the ground. No pressure on Tony then, is there? He’s part of it.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I know what you mean, RB, but how long can people (not you) keep giving the owners a free pass?

Everywhere in the town, I still hear it..."badly advised"..."it's not Venky's but Anderson, Kean, Shaw....now-years later- The Coventry Three etc"

The club is simply not in safe hands and never has been, since 2010.

Don't disagree, if it isn't down to them it's up to them to step in and put a swift end to this nonsense and preferably hand the Coventry three their P45's. If they're not happy with results this would be the ideal opportunity.

If it is down to them or it's been run by them and they're fully in support, we'd better hope the Covenant holds firm and/or the local residents are violently opposed to another 170 homes on their doorstep.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CCFC PS said:

Waggott - god only knows what he did behind the scenes.

As a rovers fan I can say I’ve no idea what he does here. I also know a charlton fan who had no idea what he did there. Seems struggling clubs just pay him £300,000 to sit on his fat arse. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I wonder who's idea it was to sell half the training ground for housing? 

I suspect Loons have said we are hemorrhaging (yes, I looked it up) money, ask Waggott and the few mafia left, give us something? All we have left, save for the stadium. and a few players, is Brockhall. Shameless.

8 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

I suspect Loons have said we are hemorrhaging (yes, I looked it up) money, ask Waggott and the few mafia left, give us something? All we have left, save for the stadium. and a few players, is Brockhall. Shameless.

Probably why Mowbray keeps strangely touting Armstrong at every opportunity he gets, on the weekend he was calling him a premier league player. Mowbray knows there is no money available in the summer so is looking to flog Armstrong so he can go and buy some other flops, or is looking to make the venkys a bit of dosh before he retires.

Edited by Wovers

8 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Possibly. I wonder who will get the contracts? There's going to be a lot of money to be made if this ever goes ahead. 

The dark lord will be sleeping down at the training ground again, shovel and spade in hand. He'll be topping off before we know it.

16 minutes ago, Wovers said:

Probably why Mowbray keeps strangely touting Armstrong at every opportunity he gets, on the weekend he was calling him a premier league player. Mowbray knows there is no money available in the summer so is looking to flog Armstrong so he can go and buy some other flops, or is looking to make the venkys a bit of dosh before he retires.

Well we'd have been in the relegation spots this season if it wasn't for him. So we better hope if he did go they can pull a rabbit out the hat next season.

If not, training complex / new pitch or neither it'll be a terrible season having to rely on the overpriced pair he's wasted an entire seasons losses on.

25 minutes ago, Wovers said:

Off topic but noticed that as well.

Might be my imagination but didn't Mowbray do another article only a few weeks ago when he claimed he was trying to convince everyone he wasn't a Premier League player (yet)

Complete change of tack.

Maybe another one like Nyambe who's indicated he won't sign a new deal and TM is putting him in the shop window knowing we'll have to flog him.

£40 or £50m for Brockhall and £20m after sell on fees for AA. Venky's would still have been badly burned from owning us but it would be something back for them.

20 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Off topic but noticed that as well.

Might be my imagination but didn't Mowbray do another article only a few weeks ago when he claimed he was trying to convince everyone he wasn't a Premier League player (yet)

Complete change of tack.

You are spot on. Not your imagination but an article saying he is a young lad and not ready yet for the Prem. Sounded like a desperate way to try keeping him here. 

20 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Maybe another one like Nyambe who's indicated he won't sign a new deal and TM is putting him in the shop window knowing we'll have to flog him.

£40 or £50m for Brockhall and £20m after sell on fees for AA. Venky's would still have been badly burned from owning us but it would be something back for them.

Agree about the likelihood being he won't sign a new contract and hence the change of tack. (And to be fair why on earth would you resign with us right now?) But we won't get £20 mill for us from him. That's the maximum fee I can see him going for with 1 year left on his contract. More likely to be around 15 mill.  40% of profit to the barcodes and it's not a huge return at all. Especially if some is given over to a replacement. 

3 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

One point about this proposal. In the discussions about possible successors to the present manager there are some names flying round - Howe, Lampard etc- which had already struck me as completely unrealistic. Nobody now can surely believe that those sorts of managers are going to be attracted to a club which wants to sell off half its training grounds ?

You're probably right.

However there's even less of an excuse to stick with someone who is not only failing on the pitch, but is (IMO) also totally complicit in these affairs off the pitch.

Edited by LDRover
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

OTIUM ENTERTAINMENT GROUP LIMITED - Company Credit Reports, Company Accounts, Director Search Reports (companysearchesmadesimple.com)

This is the company that bought Coventry's training ground (on the cheap apparently) and sold it on for housing. They were/are an offshoot of SISU, the people who owned CCFC. 

Anyway, contained in the link is an interesting 'timeline overview' of appointments to the board of the company. 

Two names previously directors at that company...

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Two names previously directors at that company...

I know you guys are focusing on the 2 names relevant to us, for serious reasons.

But my attention just keeps getting drawn to the first name at the bottom of the list:

"Onyechinaeduanaghaefuuzo"

Wow! Now that is a hell of a name. Good luck to the Starbucks barista writing that on a coffee cup! 

"Sorry sir, just bear with me. Now what comes after the 4th 'a' again?"

• Like 5

Perhaps we should all storm Ewood and attempt a coup d’état. We won’t get rid of Venky’s, obviously, and probably not the Coventry Three but it would be quite satisfying ‘outing’ the possible intentions of those three to the media.

And I say that only half in jest. I’ll get the Stop The Steal banners made tomorrow morning..

• Like 2