BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

1 hour ago, LDRover said:

You're probably right.

However there's even less of an excuse to stick with someone who is not only failing on the pitch, but is (IMO) also totally complicit in these affairs off the pitch.

They might well be so sold on his slow build to top 6 and promotion sales pitch that they genuinely think he'll deliver it. Therefore terrified of selling any player or upsetting his cosy old pals set up.

So they'll go along with this instead of questioning the 12 million he's pished away. If only we could get half that back this might not need to happen.

Not that it does anyway.

For ten years now it’s been impossible to evaluate initiatives objectively because there’s always been shady fuckers lurking around.

Maybe there is an argument to go the Brentford model, especially as Travis, Dolan and JR-C joined us in their late teens and were all good enough to be on the fringes of the team. Maybe having what is essentially a reserve team playing friendlies against a range of different teams is better than u-23s being mollicoddled and having to be sent out for years on loan to toughen up. Maybe someone has added up the costs of taking lads on from the age of six, and, out of hundreds of them being coached, educated and sometimes housed, we only end up with Buckley who doesn’t look ready to be sent to Asda to do the shopping.

Maybe. But maybe it’s some shady fuckers getting their snouts in the trough, and until we get proper owners it is actually best to oppose everything.

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Probably been mentioned somewhere in the thread previously but with the club trotting out the line its the best way forward for the future and all that, do any other clubs operate with a similar set up to what we are proposing?

I'd wager not many similar clubs in this league already have the set up these lot are proposing to downscale.

The aim is supposed to be eventually re-establishing in the Prem that line is always trotted out. What happens if that came true and we needed more room to expand ?

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'd wager not many similar clubs in this league already have the set up these lot are proposing to downscale.

The aim is supposed to be eventually re-establishing in the Prem that line is always trotted out. What happens if that came true and we needed more room to expand ?

Didn't think there would be. 

Obviously its just spin to please the fans but it seems unlikely that Venkys or Waggot would be masterminding such a revolutionary idea to merge it all into one place and basically being a head of the curve compared to other clubs.

It seemed we were ahead of the curve than most clubs with the Cat one status. 

I guess we will lose that status too? Probably costs a bit to keep it at a Cat one level, so might be another money saving idea.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RJM said:

The residents of Brockhall Village and surrounding area have formed a comittee to oppose both the planning applications and are already in talks with Councillor Atkinson and MP Nigel Evans.

This is good to hear. Probably the best hope we have of it not going ahead.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

As they should have done with the supporter base, they should have engaged with the local community around Brockhall to get them on board from the outset.

Hardly surprising though really!!

It was not mentioned at all to the local residents, someone who lives on Brockhall happened to come across the applications on ribblevalley planning so looks like they were trying to keep it quiet from them as well for now.  

10 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

‘What other non PL clubs around here are Cat 1? We need to be realistic. We should carry on using TM’s contacts to bring in more Elliotts instead. Good and sensible move by the club IMO’

God Almighty! We have no hope if there's more like him.

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Probably been mentioned somewhere in the thread previously but with the club trotting out the line its the best way forward for the future and all that, do any other clubs operate with a similar set up to what we are proposing?

The only other club that I've seen mention this as a good idea is......Coventry.

This is a quote from their chairman, Mr Fisher,  at the time of the proposed sale of their training ground:

“We do want to move to a site that allows us to co-locate the academy and the first-team. Can we please set aside the notion that this is some sort of asset-stripping exercise?"

12 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Ok so these tweets are rather puzzling. Most of all is how have we fans like this? 

So I can't see any fans wanting to support Rovers sine the Loons rocked up. With broad coverage of the big 6 available, the toxic environment at Ewood under Kean, 6-7 years of steadily worse performances and a general circus - why would anyone start supporting Rovers? 

On the flip side I cannot see how any fan from prior to the takeover could be happy with what had happened over the last 10 years. If you have seen Hughes or Souness's team, let alone the Premiership winning one, and Williams running of the show, why would you be happy with how things have gone? Why would you think these plans are acceptable? 

We've also lost half our supporter base in that time. So where on earth have these supporters of operation destroy Rovers come from? 

I think they are on the payroll.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

A short history of events for those still catching up on things.

Episode 1 - Steve Waggott

2004-2010 - employed at Charlton Athletic, first in the Community Trust before ending up CEO of the football club. Our very short-lived Director of Football Paul Senior was also working at Charlton up to around 2004 according to his LinkedIn profile....

2011 - Waggott joins Coventry City where in March 2015 Tony Mowbray arrives as manager, and in June 2015 Mark Venus becomes 'technical director' - a move that enables Waggott to concentrate on his 'other responsibilities' at Coventry having been dealing with recruitment until then. https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/mark-venus-joining-coventry-city-9289138 

November 2015 - Waggott decides to leave Coventry City although no reasons given and doesn't have another job lined up. https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-chief-executive-steve-10392288

February 2016 - after 3 months out Waggott becomes CEO at Gillingham working alongside Paul Scally. https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/former-coventry-city-chief-executive-10851093

January 2017 - after less than a year as CEO at Gillingham Waggott 'steps down' to become 'consultant' focusing on the new stadium development project'.https://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/2017/january/change-of-role/

At some point between January 2017 and October 2017 Waggott leaves his 'consultancy' role at Gillingham and appears in October at Southend United, as 'head of operations' where his position seems to revolve around the 'transition from Roots Hall to Fossets Farm'. https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2017/october/reshuffle/

In December 2017 he leaves his consultancy job at Southend to take up the position at Rovers as CEO. https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2017/december/steve-waggott-moves-on/) 

Aren't we lucky that we've someone in place to oversee this much needed training ground project who has been headhunted by clubs such as Gillingham and Southend to oversee their developments (that still haven't even started to happen). 

Personally speaking I'm not impressed with what I'm reading.

What a CV. What a crock.

And because the inept ones of Pune have allowed the heart of the club to be hollowed out, there is no-one on the ground level at Blackburn Rovers to question the intent and actions of yet another bunch of charlatans seeking to pick the bones of our club clean. Nobody, to challenge the nobodies who would answer to no-one until there is nothing left.....

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WIR Second Coming said:

What a CV. What a crock.

And because the inept ones of Pune have allowed the heart of the club to be hollowed out, there is no-one on the ground level at Blackburn Rovers to question the intent and actions of yet another bunch of charlatans seeking to pick the bones of our club clean. Nobody, to challenge the nobodies who would answer to no-one until there is nothing left.....

giphy.gif

Maybe that CV is what attracted the V's to approve of the appointment

10 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

I've thought long and hard, if this happens, and we lose Cat 1 status, I might walk, if there is no explanation to the contrary. After 50 years, 10 of which under this destructive regime, I need something new.....then I can engage again. 

Being realistic - without external financial support - we would lose it anyway.

Been dipping in and out of this thread so apologies if I missed it. But what is the financial benefit of doing this?

I've seen it touted as a £68million  deal but

1) that's based on £400k per house which seems high as an average for a development 

2) it also assumes the houses are built for free. Even assuming we didnt just sell the land to a developer and built it ourselves you're looking at 25-30% profit  (and that's a high estimate)

3) we've then got to build this new training centre 

So realistically is this deal not going to be well under 20million? Less than 2 years of what the venkys stick into the club to keep it afloat. Or is this an exercise in cutting overheads? 

14 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Been dipping in and out of this thread so apologies if I missed it. But what is the financial benefit of doing this?

I've seen it touted as a £68million  deal but

1) that's based on £400k per house which seems high as an average for a development 

2) it also assumes the houses are built for free. Even assuming we didnt just sell the land to a developer and built it ourselves you're looking at 25-30% profit  (and that's a high estimate)

3) we've then got to build this new training centre 

So realistically is this deal not going to be well under 20million? Less than 2 years of what the venkys stick into the club to keep it afloat. Or is this an exercise in cutting overheads? 

In my considered opinion, it's about lining charlatan's pockets, period!

Well we ain't Gillingham, Southend or Coventry City,

WE'RE BLACKBURN ROVERS FC!!! 

Take bloody note!!!.....

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, darrenrover said:

In my considered opinion, it's about lining charlatan's pockets, period!

When you look at the sums and assume I havent missed anything, it can only be of any real benefit to someone earning a bit of commission out of this. 

I dont know if anyone involved in this is say a CEO on the brink of retirement... 

There is a new development going on close to me and through a friend who knows the people who sold the land I was told they got £60k per plot. The Ribble Valley would be higher I guess but some of the ridiculous figures being banded about are, I suspect wide of the mark.

5 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

When you look at the sums and assume I havent missed anything, it can only be of any real benefit to someone earning a bit of commission out of this. 

I dont know if anyone involved in this is say a CEO on the brink of retirement... 

Bloody dead right!!!

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

There is a new development going on close to me and through a friend who knows the people who sold the land I was told they got £60k per plot. The Ribble Valley would be higher I guess but some of the ridiculous figures being banded about are, I suspect wide of the mark.

Forget the price per plot Tony, whilst that is a figure at some point in the calculations, it's price per acre.

Speaking of my own experience in Chorley, 12 years back: it starts at £1 million per acre. Factor in Ribble Valley and the potential increases, add in the acreage and there you go. That's just for the land.

Then factor in other family connections/'friend' connections involved in the building trade and there's the additional potential profit.

Well they can fuck off!!!

• Like 5