BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

How long until we get to the stage under these 3 berks and venkys that Ewood is "no longer viable" for "a club our size who only get 5k attendances" and we are sold a vision of a new stadium somewhere only to end up ground sharing with Wigan "whilst it's in development" or something?

A bit dramatic but the parallels with Coventry seem scary to me.  

‘LT Fans Jury’ weekly article -

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19110094.communication-cost-fans-verdict-rovers-brockhall-plans/

Still a fair bit of denial going on, but at least there’s some reticence.

I would wager said Jury is probably a more realistic snapshot of where the fanbase is. Not up in arms like brfcs (yet), but certainly not the uber-positive cretins you see on FB groups.

Edited by Mattyblue

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘LT Fans Jury’ weekly article -

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19110094.communication-cost-fans-verdict-rovers-brockhall-plans/

Still a fair bit of denial going on, but at least there’s some reticence.

I would wager said Jury is probably a more realistic snapshot of where the fanbase is. Not up in arms like brfcs (yet), but certainly not the uber-positive cretins you see on FB groups.

Now that's a refreshing choice of word! Sometimes one has to call a spade a spade, and a tool a tool.

2 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Being realistic - without external financial support - we would lose it anyway.

Oh, here we go, that old acorn.

Two examples of the Effect of ''External Financial Support''

I actually started to write on this but after 5 paragraphs realised that it would be a long essay that most would not read and that anyone who follows Rovers and Football in general should know the story.

So, just look at the past 10 years history of Rovers and compare it to that of Leicester City.

Both Clubs have for the past 10 years been owned by billionaires so both have had the availability of the magical ''External Financial Support''

However only one Club has had the backing of decent people.

That when analysed says it all and reflects in the current situation of these clubs.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, den said:

About time Rich Sharpe at the LT started to do some real digging, ask hard questions. You know - become a real journalist. Represent those people that buy your newspaper. 

It looks as if an editorial decision has been made to use news journalists instead of Sharpe and treat it purely as a local housing/planning issue.

Which is fine, I suppose, for the local resident aspect of it, but from a football club perspective it is ‘nothing to see here’ and certainly shows that Sharpe/LT are simply swallowing the ‘state of the art’/combining facilities angle.

Piss poor.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Those LT comments contain a few who believe the club might be looking to sell off some of its carparks for residential purposes. Almost an admission we'll never be back in the Premier League if true.

Let's get ready to welcome Rochdale and Oldham to Ewood Park shall we?

I didn't mention Acc Stanley---they could be above us for the first time in nearly 200 years.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

Those LT comments contain a few who believe the club might be looking to sell off some of its carparks for residential purposes. Almost an admission we'll never be back in the Premier League if true.

Let's get ready to welcome Rochdale and Oldham to Ewood Park shall we?

I didn't mention Acc Stanley---they could be above us for the first time in nearly 200 years.

Ignoring the Dingle trolls and that utter fool Beetlejuice, I’m pretty pleased (and relieved) with a lot of the responses to the Jury article.

There's definitely plenty of fans with their eyes wide open...

• Like 1

I can’t remember the last time I looked on the LT prior to the training ground news. Now I realise why. 

Quite terrible journalism. There’s a story to be had with Rovers if they bothered. Let’s start with a recent timeline of Waggot, like JH put together, and his links with clubs’ “developments”. There is no smoke without fire. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Ignoring the Dingle trolls and that utter fool Beetlejuice, I’m pretty pleased (and relieved) with a lot of the responses to the Jury article.

There's definitely plenty of fans with their eyes wide open...

There's a guy who calls himself John Claret - amongst many, many other aliases - who posts about twenty times a day on Rovers articles and has been doing so for at least the past decade. Real psychiatric-inmate territory.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It looks as if an editorial decision has been made to use news journalists instead of Sharpe and treat it purely as a local housing/planning issue.

Surely not. 

I don’t live in Blackburn so only read it online occasionally, but Rovers just has to be the big selling point for the LT? In these times where newspapers are struggling to keep going you would think they would relish this kind of story.

Its all part of the bigger scene that’s making some fans feel as though they don’t matter any more and are better just moving to other interests.

7 minutes ago, den said:

Surely not. 

I don’t live in Blackburn so only read it online occasionally, but Rovers just has to be the big selling point for the LT? In these times where newspapers are struggling to keep going you would think they would relish this kind of story.

Its all part of the bigger scene that’s making some fans feel as though they don’t matter any more and are better just moving to other interests.

It’s just my take on it, but the only article on this development that isn’t in the news section (all written by news reporter Sophie-May Clarke) is the Fans Jury.

Sharpe himself hasn’t written a thing...

Edited by Mattyblue

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s just my take on it, but the only article on this development that isn’t in the news section (all written by news reporter Sophie-May Clarke) is the Fans Jury.

Sharpe himself hasn’t written a thing...

Wierd.

1 hour ago, Roverall said:

There's a guy who calls himself John Claret - amongst many, many other aliases - who posts about twenty times a day on Rovers articles and has been doing so for at least the past decade. Real psychiatric-inmate territory.

Previously a resident at Brockhall, I believe 😉 Used to go by the name of Dr Dunkerley, or sometimes Jimmy O'Brien, back in the early 1980s when I worked there..I blame Maggie Thatcher for forcing him out into community care, so those greedy little chumocracy drillers could get their grubby mitts on the land around Jasmine and Begonia wards..

IMG_20160415_0003-320x211.jpg

Edited by WIR Second Coming
  • Like 1

It was weird yesterday that someone posted a reply to a tweet from Sharpe whereby he was basically agreeing to a comment along the lines of "It's the Club's land to do with as they wish and no-one goes after the farmer who sells his land for development"

A few things arose out of that.

1) He was obviously taking the line from the Club about any new facility being "state of the art" at face value.

2) Is he so blissfully ignorant as to all things Rovers related that he is unaware of the covenant protecting the use of the land at Brockhall?

3) Is he unaware of Waggott's/Venus's/Mowbray's involvement at Coventry?

Everyone need to contact him and tell him to get his finger out of his backside and investigate it properly. I know he just takes everything Mowbray says at face value  and never questions it normally but this is even more important if anything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It was weird yesterday that someone posted a reply to a tweet from Sharpe whereby he was basically agreeing to a comment along the lines of "It's the Club's land to do with as they wish and no-one goes after the farmer who sells his land for development"

A few things arose out of that.

1) He was obviously taking the line from the Club about any new facility being "state of the art" at face value.

2) Is he so blissfully ignorant as to all things Rovers related that he is unaware of the covenant protecting the use of the land at Brockhall?

3) Is he unaware of Waggott's/Venus's/Mowbray's involvement at Coventry?

Everyone need to contact him and tell him to get his finger out of his backside and investigate it properly. I know he just takes everything Mowbray says at face value  and never questions it normally but this is even more important if anything.

What is the best way to get hold of Sharpe?

2 hours ago, den said:

About time Rich Sharpe at the LT started to do some real digging, ask hard questions. You know - become a real journalist. Represent those people that buy your newspaper. 

The annoying thing is that all the information to start an in depth article is on this website. Lots of links, facts and JHRovers excellent post containing the Coventry angle in chronological order. At the very least they should be exploring Venus and Waggotts involvement in the 'sale' of Coventrys training ground.

• Like 6