Jump to content

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?


Recommended Posts

From a supporters point of view it’s horrible, goes against Jacks legacy and feels a real kick in the teeth.

From a cold business perspective there’s mega money in it; I think it’s one of the first things any new owners would look at most likely.

Thats a sad state of affairs but it’s what it is now; even those buying clubs in the top flight are now using every bit of club assets to offset their outlay 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With respect, you are talking absolute rubbish on this point and imo being extremely disrespectful to Jack Walker. I hope my post doesn't send you scurrying off to the moderators to complain as I woul

Joe, I mean this will all due respect, but Jack’s legacy isn’t Rovers winning the league. I would assume you’re too young to really remember what Jack did? Jacks legacy is putting Blackburn on th

First alarm bell that should be going off is the fact that the club have only acted AFTER the news has emerged through fans doing homework online and spotting the planning application. If this is

Posted Images

If a trustworthy and transparent owner came in and announced this in an open and honest way i think most would have some faith or trust.

When it's this mob and they're doing it this way there can be no trust and no belief it is in the club's interests.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

This is the reason I’m concerned as it’s the same three stooges trying to pull off the same stunt with no one to have rovers best interests 

MVW

Mowbray Venus Waggott

Making Venkys Wonga

It's been there all along. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be wrong but didn't somebody post the other day that the house the V's bought from one of the Nevilles is up for sale? If it is and bearing that in mind, trying to get planning permission on Brockhall may be a way of making the club a bit more attractive to potential buyers?.

Edited by perthblue02
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sharpe is on it:

 

Rich Sharpe @richsharpe89 3h

Replying to

@pmall1

no, but on my radar now so will check it out. Literally could be anything from taking down a tree to work on the buildings.

 

IMO, Chamberlainesque !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Sharpe is on it:

 

Rich Sharpe @richsharpe89 3h

Replying to

@pmall1

no, but on my radar now so will check it out. Literally could be anything from taking down a tree to work on the buildings.

 

IMO, Chamberlainesque !!!

Christ......this could be the making of him and that's his opening gambit

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Christ......this could be the making of him and that's his opening gambit

In his position, i'd be dragging folk from their beds tonight to get to the bottom of this - you don't take no for an answer!

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Sharpe is on it:

 

Rich Sharpe @richsharpe89 3h

Replying to

@pmall1

no, but on my radar now so will check it out. Literally could be anything from taking down a tree to work on the buildings.

 

IMO, Chamberlainesque !!!

It must be on heck of a size tree to make room for 170 dwellings. Tony must have bought some magic beans and planted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of whether this is something positive, something sinister, or whatever it is.. answers need to be given ASAP.

As has been said this is a huge, huge asset to the club and any form of change should not be taken lightly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to work out how this could be done in any way that improves or maintains the offerings we currently have whilst saving substantially on cost/raising extra funds.

I can't.

I've been down the academy site many times before. The existing academy building, that used to be the senior training centre, is now relatively dated, and contains changing rooms, a canteen, gym, offices, kitchen. There is a car park, a groundsman's shed and then 4 or 5 full size pitches. 

I'm struggling to work out where they could build an indoor training centre with full size pitch, along with all the other facilites the senior training centre offers and that are part of modern day football - media suite, recreation space, swimming pool, recovery areas, manager's office, analysis suite. The ST centre building is much newer than the others and offers all these modern facilities . A facility big enough to accommodate all the senior squad and coaching staff, category a academy and staff right the way down to scholars is going to take up quite some space. The only way it could fit is by building over one or more of the existing pitches.

Constructing a brand new all in one training centre would cost millions and would also be a planning headache with height and size of the building required down there. I'm not saying it couldn't or wouldn't happen but it isn't going to be straightforward or cheap. 

 

Edited by JHRover
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just trying to view this development in a potentially positive light:

Assuming planning approval is granted for residential development by Ribble Valley Borough Council, it would significantly increase the value of the land. I'm unsure of the acreage involved but a starting point would probably be £1 million per acre as a rough valuation.

The Venky's don't necessarily have to act upon it and actually sell the land to a developer. The asset could be revalued, introduced into the P & L and balance sheet as a re-valuation reserve. This would significantly improve the clubs financial performance in the eyes of FFP and provide the owners with the opportunity to 'splash the cash', even more so than they have done recently in terms of actually keeping the club afloat.

There are others on here who are actually accountants (@Mercer) and far more suitably qualified to comment than am I.

So where as a number of years ago, I would have been apoplectic along with everyone else, these days I'm not. Granted, it could have been handled much better in order to allay supporters' fears but they've always been absolutely crap in the communication stakes.

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JHRover said:

I'm trying to work out how this could be done in any way that improves or maintains the offerings we currently have whilst saving substantially on cost/raising extra funds.

I can't.

I've been down the academy site many times before. The existing academy building, that used to be the senior training centre, is now relatively dated, and contains changing rooms, a canteen, gym, offices, kitchen. There is a car park, a groundsman's shed and then 4 or 5 full size pitches. 

I'm struggling to work out where they could build an indoor training centre with full size pitch, along with all the other facilites the senior training centre offers and that are part of modern day football - media suite, recreation space, swimming pool, recovery areas, manager's office, analysis suite. The ST centre building is much newer than the others and offers all these modern facilities . A facility big enough to accommodate all the senior squad and coaching staff, category a academy and staff right the way down to scholars is going to take up quite some space. The only way it could fit is by building over one or more of the existing pitches.

Constructing a brand new all in one training centre would cost millions and would also be a planning headache with height and size of the building required down there. I'm not saying it couldn't or wouldn't happen but it isn't going to be straightforward or cheap. 

 

Go full Brentford and scrap the Academy

Mowbray was anti Academy when he first came to us. Therefore a small stretch says Maggot and Venus are the same. They run this shitshow.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JHRover said:

I doubt there's even room down there to build an indoor centre big enough for the academy and senior squad with parking, ground staff etc.

And we'll need to find room for Bennets statue as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

How can 'they' think the supporters wouldn't get wind of this and the mad panic thats obviously ensued? Its just like another "get fucked we'll do what we want".

Or was Waggott simply resigned to the fact there's just no way he could put a positive spin on this so tried to push it under the carpet?

Aside from the happy clappers on Facebook nobody sees this as being a potentially positive move do they? I mean how could it be? If they had exciting plans they'd be shouting from the rooftops about it.

I shouldn't be up at this time on a Saturday worrying about the club, but here I am, again!

Link to post
Share on other sites

No fans in the grounds, previous 'Coventry' escapades, slipping it through on the sly?

Does not bode well.

Anyone up for the taxi prank now? I feel a bit more serious about that now.

Sorry Ozzz

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Aside from the happy clappers on Facebook nobody sees this as being a potentially positive move do they? I mean how could it be? If they had exciting plans they'd be shouting from the rooftops about it.

 

How can anyone be happy in the potential sale of our senior training ground? Potential selling it would be devastating for club, fans and the potential future. 

I see zero benefit from selling the senior training ground complex or even junior training centre.

Rovers need to put a statement out today on what the hell is going on here. This should have done before any applications went in. I am extremely concerned what is going on here and future of our club. 

There is another planning application in for Junior training centre so is the new overall training for all teams. Surely it's not a big enough site to have all teams run from there?

 

Edited by chaddyrovers
Link to post
Share on other sites

I really does look like sell STC for residential development, upgrade JTC to STC level and bin the U23 and below and do a Brentford.

Profit on the sale, cost saving by using one site, cost savings by shedding Juniors etc. Win, Win, Win for Vs and % for the rats.

Guilty until proven innocent and I do not believe a word those lot say .........

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to know who the hell is behind this as well. Is this driven by those at the club or India. 

I can't see any upside to this right now. If it is those at the club who are peddling this then they should be clearing their desks today. If it's a directive from India. Things could begin to look very, very grim if the owners are looking to claw their money back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.