BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

Listeners to today’s Price of Football podcast will have heard a discussion regarding Coventry City’s training ground at Ryton being once more on the market to facilitate a housing development... 

Some interesting bits about ACVs as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

Possibly thinking of @only2garners (if I've got the right guy) who posts the minutes sometimes?

I write them Mike, but don't usually post them on here! The minutes are posted on the Rovers website under More, Fans after every meeting. Brfcs.com does have a rep on the Forum but it's not me.

The next meeting of the Forum is a week on Monday (8th March) and Brockhall will obviously be on the agenda.

There hasn't been a meeting of the wider Fans Consultation Group this season yet due to the pandemic. The club have been hanging on hoping to be able to have a face to face meeting but it looks like they will have to arrange something online. Again we will be asking for an update on 8th.

• Like 4

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I write them Mike, but don't usually post them on here! The minutes are posted on the Rovers website under More, Fans after every meeting. Brfcs.com does have a rep on the Forum but it's not me.

The next meeting of the Forum is a week on Monday (8th March) and Brockhall will obviously be on the agenda.

There hasn't been a meeting of the wider Fans Consultation Group this season yet due to the pandemic. The club have been hanging on hoping to be able to have a face to face meeting but it looks like they will have to arrange something online. Again we will be asking for an update on 8th.

Thanks o2g, I wasn't quite sure of the arrangements. Only ever attended pre-meets twice as a guest of Tris

6 hours ago, only2garners said:

I’d love to know who’s representing BRFCS at the Fans Forum meetings. Because it’s none of the BRFCS owners. 

• Like 2

Will the BRFCS rep on the Fans Forum please step forward. We need to have a clear set of messages to take from here, to there for the meeting on Monday 8th March.

If members of the BRFCS Trust can also lobby for clear messages to go the club via that forum, and try to ensure these are consistent with the priorities coming from here, that would help to drive home our points. Get on there and join too (£10) rather than spaffing it on this Saturday's inevitable smoke screen.. https://www.roverstrust.com/

• Like 2

No wonder they do what they like when they think BRFCS is represented on the FF!

Some observations though:

Whomever is claiming to represent BRFCS is being rather disingenuous. Maybe people are just talking about someone who is always moaning and they just assumed. 🙂 

The views shared by this individual are clearly not ‘representative’ of BRFCS, which is one of the more critical and challenging subsections (someone needs to be)

A fans forum member who has posted on here in the past said they do not represent the fans but represent themselves (a very odd take on what is both a privilege and a responsibility - “I’m just here for a nosey”) 🤥

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Will the BRFCS rep on the Fans Forum please step forward. We need to have a clear set of messages to take from here, to there for the meeting on Monday 8th March.

If members of the BRFCS Trust can also lobby for clear messages to go the club via that forum, and try to ensure these are consistent with the priorities coming from here, that would help to drive home our points. Get on there and join too (£10) rather than spaffing it on this Saturday's inevitable smoke screen.. https://www.roverstrust.com/

Ste B?

Tris is Chair of the Fans Forum and Ste B is also still on although work commitments mean he hasn't made it too often recently. And of course I am on as secretary. brfcs does also have a rep on but I hesitate to put it on here without their permission not knowing their user name.

How can they be a ‘BRFCS Rep’ if the owners of BRFCS know nothing about it?

* Though looking through the last minutes, it would be ironic if the person who left the forum after calling anyone with an issue with the owners ‘tremblers’ being this place’s ‘representative’

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

How can they be a ‘BRFCS Rep’ if the owners of BRFCS no nothing about it?

* Though looking through the last minutes, it would be ironic if the person who left the forum after calling anyone with an issue with the owners ‘tremblers’ being this place’s ‘representative’

Its a long time ago since i  had a knee trembler..

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Tris is Chair of the Fans Forum and Ste B is also still on although work commitments mean he hasn't made it too often recently. And of course I am on as secretary. brfcs does also have a rep on but I hesitate to put it on here without their permission not knowing their user name.

I genuinely think @J*Bshould be the BRFCs representative at these things, every view he has is pretty representative of all of us on this board and he's probably the most balanced.

16 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I genuinely think @J*Bshould be the BRFCs representative at these things, every view he has is pretty representative of all of us on this board and he's probably the most balanced.

I thought multiple I/Ds was against forum rules @J*B 😉

Rovers....Clitheroe....you should have come up with something more subtle...😁

Interesting to see the Fans Forum have repeatedly brought up the possibility of having a consultation meeting. We are well overdue one, and the club were behind before the pandemic.

Presumably the EFL requirements have been relaxed somewhat, however, there would obviously be appetite for a consultation at the present time.

Perhaps a meeting using zoom or teams etc would allow the owners to attend too, as owner engagement is the primary reason for these meetings.

Usually they reel out Mowbray to regale us with tales of his youth to eat into 60% of the allotted time. Might not have the usual pacifying effect at the moment.

12 minutes ago, 47er said:

Very odd if Brfcs has a rep and we're not allowed to know who he/she is! Never come across that before.

Usually a rep is elected.

Come on, who is it representing me? Why the secrecy?

Hang on a second...this isn’t a club or society...but if you all are willing to pay an annual membership fee then we can change the construction of the organisation along those lines ?
All members would of course have to take on board joint & several liability in the event of any legal action though.

This is cock-up not conspiracy....trust me...

• Like 2