BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

IMO, utterly unconvincing.

Have come across him on a couple of occasions and was completely underwhelmed.  

I'm a great believer in the 7/11 rule and I don't think it let me down!

I wouldn't trust this guy as far as I could spit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMO, utterly unconvincing.

Have come across him on a couple of occasions and was completely underwhelmed.  

I'm a great believer in the 7/11 rule and I don't think it let me down!

I wouldn't trust this guy as far as I could spit.

What's the 7/11 rule?

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

What's the 7/11 rule?

Effectively the theory that subconsciously you make 11 decisions about a person in the first 7 seconds after meeting them. Based on intelligence, appearance, etc. 

* or 7 decision in first 11 seconds. One or the other.

Waggott certainly isn’t someone who you’d likely be impressed by. Strikes me as someone who you’d like to buy a hot drink and sandwich for even though he’ll be a millionaire 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

What's the 7/11 rule?

Always been a great believer in first impressions!

When I meet someone, I usually form an opinion of them very quickly - within 30 seconds.  To a degree it's 'gut feel' but in reality, it has rarely let me down!

The 7/11 rule is similar but quicker!  The theory / rule is that within 7 seconds you will form up to 11 impressions of someone including desirability (likeability), credibility, trustworthiness, believability, sophistication, competence etc.

Once heard an American speaker on the subject and he reckoned some 80% of Americans form a first impression of somebody within seconds before they even speak!

It's fascinating stuff and in the cold light of day, pretty sure many of us can relate to it!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

When I meet someone, I usually form an opinion of them very quickly - within 30 seconds.  To a degree it's 'gut feel' but in reality, it has rarely let me down!

The 7/11 rule is similar but quicker!  The theory / rule is that within 7 seconds you will form up to 11 impressions of someone including desirability (likeability), credibility, trustworthiness, believability, sophistication, competence etc.

Once heard an American speaker on the subject and he reckoned some 80% of Americans form a first impression of somebody within seconds before they even speak!

It's fascinating stuff and in the cold light of day, pretty sure many of us can relate to it!

A couple to go with here: eyes not looking at interviewer and moving constantly = both unsure & telling fibs  and at 4.20 min when the 'houses' topic first appears (houses = cash) lip licking = hmmmm tasty, I'll have a piece of that.

I could go on and be more academic about it but why bother. A spiv is a spiv.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

A couple to go with here: eyes not looking at interviewer and moving constantly = both unsure & telling fibs  and at 4.20 min when the 'houses' topic first appears (houses = cash) lip licking = hmmmm tasty, I'll have a piece of that.

I would share your thoughts!

Edited by Mercer

Waggott also touched on a grant application for work at the BRIC. Plans were approved by BWDC for floodlit Astro pitches there back in 2015.

This will obviously have to be a community facility, but I could see them trying to move the younger academy age groups up there... making a mockery of the all under one roof claim, jeapordising our cat 1 status, and failing to meet the terms on which any grant would be awarded.

Can't bear the agony of watching a liar lie, that's why I've stopped watching any tory cabinet minister. Waggott is in it only for himself. The Loons are very rich people, fund a pitch worth playing on, fund a proper manager, and management structure and keep the training facilities. Otherwise fuck off. There's no point carrying on as it is.

10 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

He doesn’t seem particularly excited or optimistic about it here either, pretty much asking for the residents, parish council to object and then everybody just moves on and we carry on as we are 

All very odd...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He doesn’t seem particularly excited or optimistic about it here either, pretty much asking for the residents, parish council to object and then everybody just moves on and we carry on as we are 

All very odd...

Maybe this 'Idea' has come from elsewhere (dare i say Venkys?) and Waggott has been tasked with going forward with it but  knows deep down that its got no chance of getting the green light ?

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

...especially the likes of Stephan Kiszko, The Birmingham Six etc...just saying...

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

We certainly all do it (maybe not those exact judgements in that exact timeframe but I get the idea). I do it, and I'm usually right, but the thing I've learnt is it's foolish to assume you were right and not be willing to change your opinion on someone. It's not an exact science. I think we probably all called Waggott right though...oozes slime.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The lip-licking is probably more a response to a dry mouth, itself sometimes a sign of nervousness, itself sometimes a sign of lying out your arse. Again, not always the way though.

It's an over ambitious plan for a side piddling about in midtable in the championship.

All the clubs efforts and focus should be directed towards trying to get promotion, even a play off or 3 would rake in extra cash. It really sounds to me like another fanciful plan sold to the owners with big promises of things to come. All part of this 'journey' sales pitch you might say.

Get to the Prem the running costs would be covered or there'd be finance to do the project. Until then it would be better left alone its got crackpot scheme written all over it when you consider the last 10 years.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, rickard said:

He does have a very punchable face, doesn't he?

Not advocating violence, just making an observation.

I can't remember when I last saw a guy who was so obviously lying through his teeth - just look at his facial body language.

Also love the way he talks about 'Jack', who he obviously never met and is clearly not fit to lace the boots of. Arsehole.

• Like 8

Posted this on youtube as all comments seemed to be that it looked like a great move.

Between the snippets of Waggot repeating state of the art, state of the art, state of the art, I heard money for new pitch, costings of having two separate sites, difficult year with covid. The costs are true. We can't necessarily look to Venkys to fund everything. But selling off of infrastructure is a slippery slope. I'd rather see Arma go and maintain the facilities.

If we look at the facts, the core reason they were built on separate sites in the first place is because of a lack of space. That hasn't changed. This will be a downgrade. It is now clear from Waggots words the inception of this idea came from Mowbray and him. The best mates have wasted money on poor recruitment. Given the performance of the team on the pitch and now the stepping forward of selling off key infrastructure that Jack built. There is no option other than Mowbray and Waggot should be clearing their desks. I hope not all fans are taken in by the words state of the art and integrated. It was a great sales pitch. But this doesn't have the clubs long term and best interests at heart.

• Like 5