BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

He's clearly angry it leaked out and there can only be one of two reasons....

They wanted to trumpet about it in a big fanfare that would have come in handy covering this seasons washout.

or

It was intended to be done and dusted as stealthily as possible for as long as possible.

Just wondering if it all isn't about the balance sheet in the short term. The moving & rebuilding of a state of the art pie in the sky site will take years. And years after that for it to bear any fruit.

Still 'the boys are struggling to train properly due to the renovations'  will come in handy for future under performing reasons.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

But selling off of infrastructure is a slippery slope. I'd rather see Arma go and maintain the facilities.

Same I'd rather rid the club of anyone with value than sell off infrastructure. If we sell of the facilities we could slide into irrelevance. 

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

What a load of BS.

The only thing we've learnt from that is that he is driving the idea and is dragging everyone else fairly unenthusiastically behind him.

He can't name one single benefit to it can he?

Admits the existing sites are both Cat 1 status and appears to be claiming that the sale of the site would only break even compared to the costs of the new Training Centre or would more likely need topping up.

I wonder if this is how he pitched it to the owners "I've had a great idea, we'll sell one of our training centres, knock down the other even though there's nothing wrong with either and build a new one which is no better and will entail losing a number of outdoor pitches. Oh, and you might have to stump up an additional few million as well."

Does he actually think that everyone is THAT stupid?

Even more proof (if any were needed) that this proposal needs fighting to the death.

As he appears to be claiming that changing the Training grounds over for no apparent reason is a non profit scheme, extra scrutiny now needs to fall upon who would be developing the housing and what commissions would be flowing back to those on the ground at Ewood etc.

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

First time I've seen him. 

I was always told never trust a man with a beard because they're hiding behind it

So no, I don't believe a word he says. 

Call that a  f@cking beard ..??! ..you 'd get more hairs on your face going down on your wife ..😁

Edited by HowieFive0
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What a load of BS.

The only thing we've learnt from that is that he is driving the idea and is dragging everyone else fairly unenthusiastically behind him.

He can't name one single benefit to it can he?

Admits the existing sites are both Cat 1 status and appears to be claiming that the sale of the site would only break even compared to the costs of the new Training Centre or would more likely need topping up.

I wonder if this is how he pitched it to the owners "I've had a great idea, we'll sell one of our training centres, knock down the other even though there's nothing wrong with either and build a new one which is no better and will entail losing a number of outdoor pitches. Oh, and you might have to stump up an additional few million as well."

Does he actually think that everyone is THAT stupid?

Even more proof (if any were needed) that this proposal needs fighting to the death.

As he appears to be claiming that changing the Training grounds over for no apparent reason is a non profit scheme, extra scrutiny now needs to fall upon who would be developing the housing and what commissions would be flowing back to those on the ground at Ewood etc.

OMFG. It all just gets worse.

No way is he going anywhere and neither is Mowbray until at least they know if they can pull this off or not.

56 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Let’s not forget his other crackpot scheme...

”Knock the Riverside down so we can build a hotel like we had at Coventry”

He’s completely and utterly out of his depth.

It seems part of his role is that of 'think tank' to come up with handfuls of ideas, pitch them and hope to get one signed off.

If that's the role of a football club consultant i think i'd like to have a crack at that job. The only thing so far i can see that he's pushed through is the waggot tax and shutting the Darwen end.

That's a tiny matchday saving offset by the loss of those who jacked it in instead of being shunted about. And a moderate matchday income increase offset by the ones who decide to go at the last min jacking it in on principle of being penalized for doing so.

Doesn't exactly inspire much faith neither does the tying up of 12 million in two fanciful punts, i presume he had some input in that as CEO.  

Perhaps he's trying to atone. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

OMFG. It all just gets worse.

No way is he going anywhere and neither is Mowbray until at least they know if they can pull this off or not.

Planning process is notoriously slow. Make that another 5 years of Mowbray

I don't know if this has been posted in here anywhere. To much to trawl through. I've seen the site maps of the current facilities, but can anyone who has been a regular to both sites shed any light on the current standard of the facilities in real terms. 

I was always under the impression that both sites already were state of the art and some of the best around. The category 1 status backs this up. Do either of them, on an individual basis really need a major upgrade? 

2 hours ago, J*B said:

We do have a rep - we’ve sorted it, its fine. I forgot what I did in 2017...

Our rep will be posting on the forum canvassing opinion prior to the next meeting and reporting back post meeting. 

Is it still a secret?

1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

Wonder if the Honesty back drop was chosen on purpose 🙂

Not had chance to watch this yet, but will be watching it with sound off and noting times of interesting facial movements , then replaying to see what was said at those times.

Great game for all the family to play 

Hmm...7007C279-F11F-48A5-B5C9-7DAA01BF87BB.thumb.jpeg.24f95fe17e017c0c744d91d6afea58f4.jpeg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I don't know if this has been posted in here anywhere. To much to trawl through. I've seen the site maps of the current facilities, but can anyone who has been a regular to both sites shed any light on the current standard of the facilities in real terms. 

I was always under the impression that both sites already were state of the art and some of the best around. The category 1 status backs this up. Do either of them, on an individual basis really need a major upgrade? 

I suppose just like ones house ..depends if you spend money year on year on up keep.

If you dont ..who knows what state it is now.?

11 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

About 11 or 12 years since I last went down but back then the facilities were magnificent, particularly the indoor training pitches.

I doubt the buildings have deteriorated much since then. I suspect the "30 year old training ground" talk is a complete red herring designed to make them sound like dilapidated and completely outdated facilities from the 1950's.

• Like 4

Rovers use state of the art IT down Brockhall already so that infrastructure is quite recent.

It looks fine on the training vids that appear on the Club website.

And they pass CAT 1 regular examination so all modern criteria must have been met!

I mean come on every time Vs are mentioned so is the money they spend each year on maintaining CAT 1.

Its 4 years since the 2 top-end firms were brought in to review all things financial.

Someone, other than those already involved, must have oversight if the redevelopment goes ahead as it all appears to be planned to occur somewhat in-house at all stages, and I mean all stages. A paying for B with maybe extra (FFS!) needed. Oh dear.

On the project itself nothing has changed:

It is not possible to put 2 into 1. Better men than Waggott have tried since the beginning of time.

And the(ir) Press sit their like fecking tits asking non invasive tame questions, well more like gentle enquiries. Pathetic creatures.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Rovers use state of the art IT down Brockhall already so that infrastructure is quite recent.

It looks fine on the training vids that appear on the Club website.

Its 4 years since the 2 top-end firms were brought in to review all things financial.

Someone, other than those already involved, must have oversight if the redevelopment goes ahead as it all appears to be planned to occur somewhat in-house at all stages, and I mean all stages. A paying for B with maybe extra (FFS!) needed. Oh dear.

On the project itself nothing has changed:

It is not possible to put 2 into 1. Better men than Waggott have tried since the beginning of time.

And our the their Press sit their like fecking tits asking non invasive tame questions, well more like gentle enquiries. Pathetic creatures.

You have great facilities, you don't halve them, and spend money building more of the same, at extra cost, you just upgrade when and if. Cost cutting, nothing more, nothing less. Yet more dumbing down of the club. The profit will be what to the Loons in the general scheme of things? Why not go all out for promotion rather than piss money up the wall to stand still/get worse? Are they just trying to save face quietly?

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

About 11 or 12 years since I last went down but back then the facilities were magnificent, particularly the indoor training pitches.

I doubt the buildings have deteriorated much since then. I suspect the "30 year old training ground" talk is a complete red herring designed to make them sound like dilapidated and completely outdated facilities from the 1950's.

My thoughts exactly. I've just never been able to see the facilities with my own eyes to confirm. To me it quite simply doesn't add up. And when that's the case you can guarantee there is someone with an agenda stinking the place out. 

7 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

You have great facilities, you don't halve them, and spend money building more of the same, at extra cost, you just upgrade when and if. Cost cutting, nothing more, nothing less. Yet more dumbing down of the club. The profit will be what to the Loons in the general scheme of things? Why not go all out for promotion rather than piss money up the wall to stand still/get worse? Are they just trying to save face quietly?

Waggot is now saying in the above Q&A that he is the man driving this and that not only will all money received from the sale of STC be spent 'down the hill' at the current JTC, but also that it may not be enough!

Well that's a good way of saying Ewood Park gets nowt of any surplus.

How if this project is at such an early stage as claimed he can make such statements in a financial sense is quite beyond me.

I can't stress how important proper oversight of all aspects of this is needed if it goes ahead and a tracking of ALL parties involved.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I was given a tour of the STC in October 2018 for our podcast episode 100 (outrageous plug klaxon) & it was fabulous, everyone there was rightly proud of it. Never been to the JTC so can’t comment. Look back a few pages for @JHRover all encompassing post.

BF0D678F-7B44-49BB-AFE9-2F300C1F3A32.png

B6A32A5D-FE6A-4BAA-96C9-E19CC1962522.png

7544ECA1-88F2-4431-A9FD-915B771EBF1D.png

F5D7E673-E66D-46E7-99D0-1F23E4799F21.png

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

Always been a great believer in first impressions!

When I meet someone, I usually form an opinion of them very quickly - within 30 seconds.  To a degree it's 'gut feel' but in reality, it has rarely let me down!

The 7/11 rule is similar but quicker!  The theory / rule is that within 7 seconds you will form up to 11 impressions of someone including desirability (likeability), credibility, trustworthiness, believability, sophistication, competence etc.

Once heard an American speaker on the subject and he reckoned some 80% of Americans form a first impression of somebody within seconds before they even speak!

It's fascinating stuff and in the cold light of day, pretty sure many of us can relate to it!

I'd never actually seen Waggott before that enthralling video.

I made my decisions regarding Waggers before I'd hit play. 11 seconds wasn't needed to guage his abilities. However throughout the video I couldn't help but think he looked familiar and the movie the hobbit sprung to mind. Does he look like one of the characters? But I have to ask as I am hopeful it's a YouTube fraud, Is he really the man running our club?

Venkys go get JW back, what a come down.

• Like 1