BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

6 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Given the abject, passive, ‘couldn’t give a feck’ response from 95% of our support once it became clear we were being rinsed and raped by unscrupulous two hats back in 2010-2012, I have every confidence in the Coventry Three causing untold damage and pulling off this scam. 

Amen to that 🙏

20 hours ago, tomphil said:

Nothing will happen for years because soon as PP is granted they'll flog the land. Then most of the much promoted improvements and rebuilding will go on ice with similar spin to this journey we are on.

This is all about short term cash.

Exactly what happened at Coventry. They sold their training ground 8 years ago and the only reason it isn't already housing is that Coventry Council and Sport England put a clause in the sale saying a new Training Ground/Centre had to be built first. No new Training Ground has been built. 

I wonder if a similar clause will be put in by RVBC? Otherwise the club can just knock down the STC and be under no obligation to do build another.

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

A brand new development of the scale and quality being vaguely hinted at by the shysters would be a considerable time from the planning approval to completion, even without taking into account the need to clear the existing site and prepare the ground for the new build. A lot longer than the close season.

Which begs the 'elephant in the room's question about "where are the players supposed to train in the interim?" 

Perhapsthats the real reason they've been destroying the Ewood pitch (what's left of it) since January - to get used to the loss of Brockhall...

What a crock. Now would be a good time for one of those fly-by jobs with a pointed message for the cheats, liars, crooks and gurning incoherent ones to feck off, trailing behind for all to see...

What a shame they've been able to cook up this obvious scam behind closed doors, with no one on their case at the home of association football.

• Like 3

On 20/02/2021 at 09:42, Mattyblue said:

From the Rovers Trust website. Legal covenants state that the site cannot be used for non-sporting purposes.

https://www.roverstrust.com/2016/09/20/brockhall-ewood-ownership-briefing/

I presume then you will be fighting against this @mhead and the rest of the Trust?

066F749B-DD41-4FA3-98CA-3D764A0FFB75.png

I think I came to this thread part way through originally, I was wondering why Waggott kept inferring in his LT articles to covenants restricting the use of the land  only affecting the Academy site and not the site of the senior training complex.

Surely Jack would have ensured both sites were protected and from the above, am I correct in thinking that the land the senior site is on was also protected by pre-existing covenants when the land was sold to Jack and that it therefore wasn't thought necessary to put in any additional safeguards?

If so, how does Waggott think he can possibly circumvent this? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I think it was mentioned there was disappointing news re the STC that came from the Rovers Trust meeting? Anything that you can share? 

I've didn't realise the Club only owned the land on a 999 year lease and not the freehold.

I looked up the supposed Landlords London and Auckland Properties Ltd expecting to find a thriving Company and found instead rather bizarrely that the Company had changed its name to Brockhall Village Developments Ltd at some point and was dissolved on 30/12/2010.

Looking at the list of former members the Company was obviously a Gerald Hitman Family concern, a name I've heard but someone I've never come across.

Is this the disappointing news you were referring to Ozz, or does it get even worse?

There is absolutely no way Waggott or anyone else could try and sneak through any detailed planning objectives/proposed projects using underhand methods and that includes the old brown envelope! I am of the opinion that it is what it is, the plan is there for all to see and if it means it’s does for the benefit of the club and it’s future then it’s a good way forward. Remember, we are not the BRFC of the 90’s. Costs have increased tenfold and the management of the club is not premier league its Chorley Nissan Sunday league at best.

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

There is absolutely no way Waggott or anyone else could try and sneak through any detailed planning objectives/proposed projects using underhand methods and that includes the old brown envelope! I am of the opinion that it is what it is, the plan is there for all to see and if it means it’s does for the benefit of the club and it’s future then it’s a good way forward. Remember, we are not the BRFC of the 90’s. Costs have increased tenfold and the management of the club is not premier league its Chorley Nissan Sunday league at best.

There is no way this is for the benefit of the Club!

In fact if you read the plans carefully, then compare that to what we have now, then see what facilities are necessary for Cat 1 Academy Status, you'll see it's exactly the opposite!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Proof will be in the pudding Rev. BRFC is a small time operation nowadays and costs have to be cut accordingly.

Maybe the efforts of Billy Barr’s squad can rub off on some of our senior staff!

The problem with that outlook is that when we eventually know the 'benefits' (of which I can't see any) it will be too late.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Proof will be in the pudding Rev. BRFC is a small time operation nowadays and costs have to be cut accordingly.

I might agree, were it not for the fact we had multi billionaire owners and once those facilities are gone they're gone forever, it's not like they're being temporarily decommissioned and can be brought back to life if we ever get promoted.

I think it's the case also that if you lose Cat 1 Academy status PL Clubs are allowed to pick up your youngsters for a pittance? I stand to be corrected if that's not correct.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There is no way this is for the benefit of the Club!

In fact if you read the plans carefully, then compare that to what we have now, then see what facilities are necessary for Cat 1 Academy Status, you'll see it's exactly the opposite!

I can see the damage to the club.

Hypothetically, though, how might current club employees benefit from the club selling the club's land for housing.What should we look for? Where?  Would they have to be directly involved with another company(companies) further along the chain?

Will we have to await which company wins any tendering process and find out who is on the board?

Opprobrium, Odium ...Otium etc?

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

57 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

the management of the club is not premier league its Chorley Nissan Sunday league at best.

Ironically Chorley council are just finishing West Bay training centre on the way to euxton perhaps we will be training there in the meantime.!

46 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Maybe the efforts of Billy Barr’s squad can rub off on some of our senior staff!

We're a Championship club and have billionaire owners. So we don't have to do anything. Why haven't any other clubs built housing estates on their training grounds or downsized?

Our requirements now are just as great if not greater than they were in the 90s. Yes we are currently in a lower division but we still have a squad of players and an academy that have requirements. They don't drop off or increase with Championship/PL status.

Billy Barr and his excelling squad will be out of jobs if this plan gets off the ground. It's goodbye Category A academy. I suppose it comes down to whether you trust a bloke like Waggott. I wouldn't give him a tenner to go and buy me fish and chips and be confident of getting either back. 

I keep on coming back to the first point I made. If the academy and senior training centre can so easily be accommodated on one site when why did Jack Walker bother with the expense and hassle of two sites?

If we need to cut costs how about sacking off Steve Waggott and saving £300,000 per year? 

• Like 8

22 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I've didn't realise the Club only owned the land on a 999 year lease and not the freehold.

I looked up the supposed Landlords London and Auckland Properties Ltd expecting to find a thriving Company and found instead rather bizarrely that the Company had changed its name to Brockhall Village Developments Ltd at some point and was dissolved on 30/12/2010.

Looking at the list of former members the Company was obviously a Gerald Hitman Family concern, a name I've heard but someone I've never come across.

Is this the disappointing news you were referring to Ozz, or does it get even worse?

From memory Hitman bought Brockhall for a pound, those were the days eh?

8 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

From memory Hitman bought Brockhall for a pound, those were the days eh?

£750 when I looked it up.

Apparently no-one thought at the time he would ever get planning permission for housing on the 42 acre site of the old hospital.

https://www.roverstrust.com/2021/02/20/press-release-200221-clubs-proposal-sell-land-brockhall-housing-developers/

https://roverstogetheratbrockhall.uk/  - still a BLANK

Club Website: - I can't see anything new on this easy to navigate whatever it's supposed to be.

** Allegedly the Club issued a Press Release today????, somewhere

Is the consultation process starting this week?

Fear not - there is still garbage being delivered on a daily basis:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19144606.mowbray-trying-create-identity-rovers-follow/

Edit: ** Ignore that. The maze of confusion surrounding this debacle enveloped me.

I formally give up and to fuck with the lot of them.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1