BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

So in another conspiracy we now have the Coventry 3 together again with a view to ripping off venkys by selling part of our training facilities?

I understand the views and thoughts and concerns, I am not behind the sale of the facilities however as a realistic view apart from selling everything and moving elsewhere what are alternative options open to the club?

Waggott has stated that if the building plans are turned down we will maintain 'the status quo' - so no change. This, therefore must be a realistic alternatvie option open to the club. If it ain't broke...

• Like 4

I am willing to help/aid any attempt to stop this and attempt to remove venkys. For 10 years this lot have been destroying our club, Jack's legacy and have ruined football for me and 1000s of others. I want them gone, I do not care the cost, we will never get anywhere whilst these shysters occupy our club.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

I am willing to help/aid any attempt to stop this and attempt to remove venkys. For 10 years this lot have been destroying our club, Jack's legacy and have ruined football for me and 1000s of others. I want them gone, I do not care the cost, we will never get anywhere whilst these shysters occupy our club.

1. Though this idea is from an employee of Venky's - this isnt their idea

2. If you (or your friends) have a spare £200m to cover existing debts - and approx £15m a season spare - go for it

In the absence of somebody with very deep pockets coming forward - we are in a bit of a pickle - as without them, I am not certain a club would exist.

1 minute ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

In the absence of somebody with very deep pockets coming forward - we are in a bit of a pickle - as without them, I am not certain a club would exist.

Giving them far too much credit there.

If they were to pull the plug one day, are you telling me there isn't anybody out there that could/would take us on? A club of this size and stature?

Despite what a lot of Rovers fans seem to think, the club can and will thrive in a world where Tony bloody Mowbray and Venkys have left town.

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

At this moment in time, I would just like to be sure it is Venky's, who are driving this.

I am not giving them a free pass( see my pen name lol)....but the Coventry thing makes me particularly uncomfortable....and it is urgent.

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

12 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

At this moment in time, I would just like to be sure it is Venky's, who are driving this.

I am not giving them a free pass( see my pen name lol)....but the Coventry thing makes me particularly uncomfortable....and it is urgent.

Unfortunatly I do not believe the causal 'people' can be ascertained, we would need an insider and we do not have one presently.  Venky's employed the three stooges, they employed equally shifty characters almost everytime they had the chance to hire someone and I am sure they will do so again. 

They all need to go, whether they are or are not the driving force behind this idea.  Guilty or not since the day they arrived with promises of champions league football on 5m a season, we have been in freefall and have been raped to high heaven.

How long before Ewood is a tesco's and we're playing at Chorley? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

2. If you (or your friends) have a spare £200m to cover existing debts - and approx £15m a season spare - go for it

Plenty of clubs have been sold with bigger debt than ours...  No I do not have 200m burning a hole in my pocket, that's another problem for another day.

Anyway your predictions for our future are happening as we speak, a slow painful death by chicken farmers, what difference does speed of demise make?

We the fans whether we like it or not allow our fears to influence our choices and this benefits the venkys as we will never be united in our cause....  

14 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Unfortunatly I do not believe the causal 'people' can be ascertained, we would need an insider and we do not have one presently.  Venky's employed the three stooges, they employed equally shifty characters almost everytime they had the chance to hire someone and I am sure they will do so again. 

They all need to go, whether they are or are not the driving force behind this idea.  Guilty or not since the day they arrived with promises of champions league football on 5m a season, we have been in freefall and have been raped to high heaven.

How long before Ewood is a tesco's and we're playing at Chorley? 

Yes, my own sense is that it is a cancer and it needs to be cut out totally...and that the Coventry 3 are probably only(!) symptoms like Anderson, Kean, Agnew etc. Not sure if we have the surgical team available at the moment?

Sometimes, maybe, the symptoms have to be dealt with along the way?

58 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

The power of positive thinking!

Reclaim the Rovers - Venky's out

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

The Price of Football podcast is a fascinating listen...especially this segment (43 minutes in) many parallels between Coventry & Rovers...

https://overcast.fm/+UstefRZK4/42:57

Really interesting. I suppose it just goes to show that there are different outlooks in every fanbase, and that perceptions from the outside aren’t always completely accurate.

I’ve also seen they have put out a breakdown of Forest’s recent accounts. They look quite familiar!

Interestingly though the Forest owners are seen as irresponsible and bonkers, their input appears to be very similar to Venky’s who are widely seen as supportive and benevolent.

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

Do they have to sign off the bill of sale though or can the CEO of Blackburn Rovers, the company the land belongs to not just do it ?

Depends what the Memo & Articles of Association say with regards to the CEO’s authority. I would suggest that in properly functioning board, the proposed transaction would be minuted at a board meeting & then the CEO would sign the necessary documentation as the sale is crystallised.
Whatever our doubts over Venky’s I struggle to conceive that this can be waved through by Waggott without them ever being aware, which suggests it has their stamp of approval.

16 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Depends what the Memo & Articles of Association say with regards to the CEO’s authority. I would suggest that in properly functioning board, the proposed transaction would be minuted at a board meeting & then the CEO would sign the necessary documentation as the sale is crystallised.
Whatever our doubts over Venky’s I struggle to conceive that this can be waved through by Waggott without them ever being aware, which suggests it has their stamp of approval.

Not a chance the Venkys aren’t fully all over it. It’s probably been sold to them by waggott but in the past I’m sure it’s been insinuated we can’t even get a loan player without their say so. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Giving them far too much credit there.

If they were to pull the plug one day, are you telling me there isn't anybody out there that could/would take us on? A club of this size and stature?

Despite what a lot of Rovers fans seem to think, the club can and will thrive in a world where Tony bloody Mowbray and Venkys have left town.

Not too sure on that score.

If Venkys weren’t putting in the money we would be well and truly Fooked!

If Venkys wanted out then they would just pull the  plug or sell to the highest bidder, not sure there is any hard evidence there have been bidders despite speculation from AN.

I wouldn’t think we would survive if they just upped and left us in the lurch, we might see BRFC a winding up case like Bury.

21 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Not too sure on that score.

If Venkys weren’t putting in the money we would be well and truly Fooked!

If Venkys wanted out then they would just pull the  plug or sell to the highest bidder, not sure there is any hard evidence there have been bidders despite speculation from AN.

I wouldn’t think we would survive if they just upped and left us in the lurch, we might see BRFC a winding up case like Bury.

If Venky’s hadn’t completely mismanaged us for a decade, I doubt we’d be talking about doomsday scenarios. We were about as far from “well and truly fooked” as was possible before they rocked up.

Bury is one comparison that everyone seems to like making. It does the club a massive disservice. If the worst came to the worst, why wouldn’t we end up like QPR, Barnsley, Ipswich, Leicester, Rotherham, Leeds, Luton, Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Southampton or Crystal Palace? They’ve all been in admin in recent years. The only similarity between Rovers and Bury is geographical. We are an entirely different, and better proposition in every measurable way.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Lets hope things are monitored tighter than in Shaw's days then when amongst other things he not only signed off Bergs contract but changed the detail.

I know all football related stuff is allegedly run past them but they were supposed to be having Waggot to oversee day to day stuff on the ground in Blackburn. I presume he has certain authority as a CEO to make some decisions. 

Besides just how it is presented to them and in what context we don't know. That's why i'm praying they give it some real attention. 

21 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Why would we follow Bury? Would Wigan and Bolton not be more appropriate?

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Where are the plans for the new training complex?....

There aren't any yet. These applications are for a proof of concept to be put to the two councils to get their views on the principle of the two developments. There would be no point in employing quantity surveyors and the like at considerable cost to draw up plans for a building that might never be built.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, only2garners said:

There aren't any yet. These applications are for a proof of concept to be put to the two councils to get their views on the principle of the two developments. There would be no point in employing quantity surveyors and the like at considerable cost to draw up plans for a building that might never be built.

Come on John, I realise this is the line that's been fed to you by the Club and quite possibly not your personal opinion but still!

They certainly don't seem to have minded incurring "considerable cost" in carrying out careful planning to see how many units they could possibly squeeze onto the proposed housing development and drawing up detailed plans of those do they?

How significant would the cost of  drawing a few proper plans  up of the new training centre actually be in the context of the entire scheme? Surely, if they were serious about it, and there was genuine merit to the scheme, the more detail that was provided, the more likely people would be to support it.

• Like 2

Actually it is my opinion Simon.

I suspect any architect worth his fees can draw up a plan to fill a given plot of land with a quick plan as to how many houses you can fit on it. They will probably have a bit of software that can knock it out in minutes. It's a lot different to design a one-off building from scratch. There will be significant costs in producing the detailed building design. The houses on the other hand would I assume be designed and developed by whoever buys the land and builds them.

I have no idea why anyone wold be more likely to support the plans if they had been presented with some fancy design drawings now. The councils know what a football training building looks like, more or less, as there are already two on site. Whilst what goes inside the new one might very well be more up to date I doubt the outside will look significantly dfferent.

What is absolutely clear is that this is a proof of concept application. It could very easily be thrown out by both councils at the first attempt. Even if they get a green light to go to the next stage it will take a very long time to get full planning permission, I would expect years and there will still be no guarantees of success.

I would doubt that even the proof of concept will be sorted before the councils go into purdah ahead of the May elections.

• Like 1