BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

The cynical side of me suspects this scheme has been on Waggott's agenda from the day he turned up, possibly even before he arrived, possibly might even be the reason he came, and the last few years of positive spin, 'stability' and hard work at developing trust and ingratiation with people has been with eyes on this project.

Of course I'm just a conspiracy theorist but I'm sick of inadequate board members and managers dragging us down to their level.

I wish Waggott would go back to Southend and trying to fit bedsits onto Roots Hall and leave our Premier League facilities well alone.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, only2garners said:

Actually it is my opinion Simon.

I suspect any architect worth his fees can draw up a plan to fill a given plot of land with a quick plan as to how many houses you can fit on it. They will probably have a bit of software that can knock it out in minutes. It's a lot different to design a one-off building from scratch. There will be significant costs in producing the detailed building design. The houses on the other hand would I assume be designed and developed by whoever buys the land and builds them.

I have no idea why anyone wold be more likely to support the plans if they had been presented with some fancy design drawings now. The councils know what a football training building looks like, more or less, as there are already two on site. Whilst what goes inside the new one might very well be more up to date I doubt the outside will look significantly dfferent.

What is absolutely clear is that this is a proof of concept application. It could very easily be thrown out by both councils at the first attempt. Even if they get a green light to go to the next stage it will take a very long time to get full planning permission, I would expect years and there will still be no guarantees of success.

I would doubt that even the proof of concept will be sorted before the councils go into purdah ahead of the May elections.

Why the sudden rush for a consultation period running from 11th through to 19th March then?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

No, Mrs WIR indulges me for two things, my love of Rovers and my penchant for old Volvos 🙂 She is football agnostic, having been born in Lincoln and, as a Vicar's daughter (ooer missus!) moved around many times whilst growing up, so never forming any strong affinity towards any area.

I've just checked too, and can confirm only 5 fingers on each hand 🙂

She does think the Brockhall plans stink though!

Feck me, there I was going to check my wine stock again......I hadn't considered he was talking about The Mormon Lovers of 6 digits!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

If Tony Mowbray can't be arsed to walk across to the junior training centre can we invest in a golf buggy to get him from one site to the next?

They seem to love drones down there, obviously they are not that good for improving training judging by on field performances , so perhaps attach one to each of ToMo's arms and he can fly between the facilities watching from above, would do wonders for somebody with a tactical God complex

• Like 5

• Moderation Lead

I can imagine Brockhall residents will be objecting in their droves tbh.

One thing is usually for sure though in the RV, if it’s an application for housing it usually gets built.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

If you were genuinely going down the route of an all in one state of the art upgrade you'd have an idea of what you actually want. You'd then be looking at a cost and if it was really feasible to do it. Then you'd be after funding guarantees for any possible shortfall before you went ahead.

This is back of the fag packet stuff here it's crazy and a plain money grabbing attempt. Get PP, get it flogged, get the money in then see where we are.

Still nobody has come up with an explanation of why now, why embark on this right at this moment. What is the real driving issue ?

sack the effing lot of them now before anymore pants get pulled down. If the fact schemes like this have been attempted at their other clubs doesn't wave a serious red flag i don't know what does.

Yeah, one might have thought Venkys previous negligence (or being taken advantage of if anyone is daft enough to believe that line) and the fact the three Stooges were involved with this at Coventry might give people pause for thought. Add in the contrary statements, trying to sneak it through etc and I struggle to see how you can't be worried. 

I mean if you saw someone in your  garden eying up the back door with his crowbar, and recognised him from the news as being wanted in connection with other burglaries in the area I'm not sure you would accept his protestations of doing some renovation work! And yet in some equally dubious circumstances some fans are all over it. Madness! 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

The cynical side of me suspects this scheme has been on Waggott's agenda from the day he turned up, possibly even before he arrived, possibly might even be the reason he came, and the last few years of positive spin, 'stability' and hard work at developing trust and ingratiation with people has been with eyes on this project.

Of course I'm just a conspiracy theorist but I'm sick of inadequate board members and managers dragging us down to their level.

I wish Waggott would go back to Southend and trying to fit bedsits onto Roots Hall and leave our Premier League facilities well alone.

That's what it is general as well, operating at their level. ToMo dragged the club back up at first attempt and quickly stabilised it that's true and fair play. It was still a midtable Championship club that had been messed around and miss managed front to back.  Not like we'd be rotting in league one for years or had no capability to bring any players in.

Now though that middle of the road Champ club is very much their level they aren't clued up enough to push it on. So what do they do, they come up with a plan best suited to that and them. 

No more bringing in 7 and 5 millin pound signings, big wage experienced pros and luxury young loanees then being told get us in the top 6. No madame we'll just sit here, cut corners, swap the team around every week so everyone gets games then churn out players for other clubs. Somewhere along the line we might have a lucky season.

Some say that's the way we have to go but it still only works if you are churning out players every season worth good money. Young worth 10 mill and players you've signed worth two or three times that in a short amount of time. We'd still need masses of outside funding to prop it up and no way is it happening at this level paying less than ten grand per week.

Fantasy land being pushed by those not capable of anything else. Hands up those who genuinely think they are capable of carrying off such a Brentford style plan anyway ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

Probably the aspect of all this that irks me most is who the f*** does Waggott think he is. He has been pretty much a disaster in his tenure with a litany of failure in almost everything he has done. He has imposed two price increases on loyal fans, closed sections of the ground, introduced an unfair levy on match day tickets and managed to decrease the supporter base amongst others Trying to blag us with this by talking about 'improvement' is an insult to us all, even the ones who think it's going to benefit Rovers. I would ask anyone who agrees with Waggott to list the potential improvements for everybody to see. So far he has come up with 'all on one site' and 'the manager can walk across a pitch or two to watch the kids train'.

The ideal scenario is that this project crashes and burns and Waggott, out of embarrassment leaves and goes back to Gillingham or whichever backwater club will have him.

This is exactly how I feel. I will be delighted when Waggott finally goes. The man is as useless as he is untrustworthy, and totally out of his depth.

Quite a bit of talk about him and his harebrained scheme on tonight’s Rovers Radio show

https://roversradio.co.uk/listen-live

From 6pm

• Like 2

Whilst ultimately concerned about Rovers and their future I do love a good conspiracy 😂 football finances have ever had so much scrutiny so those thinking Mowbray, Waggot and Venus are going to make a quick Buck or two before leaving are to be frank seriously deluded!

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Whilst ultimately concerned about Rovers and their future I do love a good conspiracy 😂 football finances have ever had so much scrutiny so those thinking Mowbray, Waggot and Venus are going to make a quick Buck or two before leaving are to be frank seriously deluded!

How do you know they are deluded? 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

Really? What makes it seem so above board? 

Perhaps it's the trio being involved in a similar scheme at Coventry?

Maybe it's the fact that the club didn't mention anything until fans raised it?

Perhaps it's the contradictory statements in what Waggot has said? 

Maybe it's the fact nothing untoward like this has happened under Venkys?

Perhaps the level of detail in their plans for the new training place that reassures you?

Look, am sure you are a very loyal Rovers fan and a good guy but objectively speaking I struggle to see how you can't be worried. We have form for being mismanaged by Venkys, the Coventry trio have form over this, there are lots of inconsistencies and ommisions from even a cursory glance at the proposals and I don't think anyone can say the manner in which it has been done breeds confidence. Take away your love of the club and put this into any other business situation and see if you would be happy with it.

Genuine question - where's the evidence it is legitimate?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Really? What makes it seem so above board? 

Perhaps it's the trio being involved in a similar scheme at Coventry?

Maybe it's the fact that the club didn't mention anything until fans raised it?

Perhaps it's the contradictory statements in what Waggot has said? 

Maybe it's the fact nothing untoward like this has happened under Venkys?

Perhaps the level of detail in their plans for the new training place that reassures you?

Look, am sure you are a very loyal Rovers fan and a good guy but objectively speaking I struggle to see how you can't be worried. We have form for being mismanaged by Venkys, the Coventry trio have form over this, there are lots of inconsistencies and ommisions from even a cursory glance at the proposals and I don't think anyone can say the manner in which it has been done breeds confidence. Take away your love of the club and put this into any other business situation and see if you would be happy with it.

Genuine question - where's the evidence it is legitimate?

Read the first few words regarding concern